Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on firewood....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

limnam wrote: »
    That's 250e for 430kg - Sounds pricey.

I think topline were doing 450kg for 150e delivered.

Topline deal sold out and it’s 3 weeks before anymore comes in, woman on the phone said she couldn’t guarantee that price when it does come in either so that’s why I cancelled and got my money back

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Topline deal sold out and it’s 3 weeks before anymore comes in, woman on the phone said she couldn’t guarantee that price when it does come in either so that’s why I cancelled and got my money back

Oh yeah, i meant for the birch from co-op.

No idea about your deal. We need the dimension wizards to figure it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Top Line deal was 189 euro for 0.89m3 of ash and oak mixed so that works out at 211 euro per cubic metre

The deal from Omegas local fuel merchant in Cork was 230 for 1.2m3 of oak which works out at 191 euro per cubic metre. So about a 10% price difference between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

anyone recommend any good firewood deals in midlands? preferably westmeath

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The Top Line deal was 189 euro for 0.89m3 of ash and oak mixed so that works out at 211 euro per cubic metre

The deal from Omegas local fuel merchant in Cork was 230 for 1.2m3 of oak which works out at 191 euro per cubic metre. So about a 10% price difference between the two.

The topline that I was dealing with wanted €20 delivery which wasn’t helping the price much

• Advertisement

Nice,

Looks there's a coughlans not to far from me. I might grab that too.

Keep me tipping along.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The topline that I was dealing with wanted €20 delivery which wasn’t helping the price much

ah well then the Coughlans price works out even better for you, about 20% better by the time you factor in that 20 euro delivery charge from Topline. Plus you'll have it tomorrow rather maybe 3 weeks time from Topline.

You did well getting a 1.2m3 crate of oak delivered for 230, from what Im seeing around Leinster the same is about 250-270.

Can you stick a moisture level on it when you get it omega if you have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Slightly off topic but I've ordered one of these to store firewood. Never had enough space to go for a bulk order before.

Gardenbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I just got a pallet if the rocket blaze eco logs.

Very happy. They light easily and great heat from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Slightly off topic but I've ordered one of these to store firewood. Never had enough space to go for a bulk order before.

Gardenbox

Is this big enough for an order as looking at getting firewood in for the winter

Was also looking at the below
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6169873/Trail/searchtext%3EKETER.htm

None in stock in Argos and also B&Q outside of our 5 k zone:mad:

https://www.diy.com/departments/keter-store-it-out-midi-wood-effect-plastic-garden-storage-box/240314_BQ.prd

Is the above overkill but can use it for other storage

Any other suggestions and looking to order from Irish site not Amazon or uk if I cant

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Is this big enough for an order as looking at getting firewood in for the winter

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6169873/Trail/searchtext%3EKETER.htm

https://www.diy.com/departments/keter-store-it-out-midi-wood-effect-plastic-garden-storage-box/240314_BQ.prd

Any other suggestions and looking to order from Irish site not Amazon or uk if I cant

Have the two of keter storage delighted with it full of wood for the winter and kids toys in the summer.

Have the keter storage delighted with it full of wood for the winter and kids stuff in the summer

Probably not, holds about. 3 cubic meters. I was looking on monaghans at the 80cm by 80cm bags. On the assumption that they are actually 80 by 80 by 80 bags thats about. 5 cubic meters so I'd have a fair chunk left over. Would bring some in the house and I've a few other smaller storage spots in the garden I could hopefully use. I have a keter 305 litre I use for kids garden toys and it's definitely waterproof so I'd be hoping the above one also is. If not I can swap them. I got that in argos a few years ago. At the time the only other supplier I considered was this place but not sure it's based in Ireland. I never used in the end either so can't comment on how reliable they are.

Probably not, holds about. 3 cubic meters. I was looking on monaghans at the 80cm by 80cm bags. On the assumption that they are actually 80 by 80 by 80 bags thats about. 5 cubic meters so I'd have a fair chunk left over. Would bring some in the house and I've a few other smaller storage spots in the garden I could hopefully use. I have a keter 305 litre I use for kids garden toys and it's definitely waterproof so I'd be hoping the above one also is. If not I can swap them. I got that in argos a few years ago. At the time the only other supplier I considered was this place but not sure it's based in Ireland. I never used in the end either so can't comment on how reliable they are.

The keter I have is definitely too small for a crate they do a larger one called the max i think it's about €150 a neighbour was able to fill a crate of wood in his no bother... Have it years bone dry inside

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭djo789

Just get 4 old pallets screw them together or 8 if you want a bigger storage area & cover with a €20 tarp from local hardware shop Waaay cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

djo789 wrote: »
    Just get 4 old pallets screw them together or 8 if you want a bigger storage area & cover with a €20 tarp from local hardware shop Waaay cheaper

True enough although not that aesthetically pleasing! Also not the safest with very young kids in the garden.

The keter max referred to above looks good but can't see in stock anywhere. It's called the keter store it out max. 150 is the best price I saw but no stock.

This one on woodies is surprisingly the best one I could find but not available for delivery or click and collect so you may need to call the local woodies.

How much wood are you ordering? The above is only 0.3m3 so you would need four of them to store logs from a crate that is 1.2m3

This company sells both indoor and outdoor log stores in a lot of different sizes
    https://www.vidaxl.ie/catalogsearch/result?q=%20log&sls=2

Important to get the right size for the amount of wood you are ordering. A small garden shed might be better for some people as it has other uses in the summer

• Advertisement

This company sells both indoor and outdoor log stores in a lot of different sizes
    https://www.vidaxl.ie/catalogsearch/result?q=%20log&sls=2

I've used vidaxl before. Came from the Netherlands and took a while but no other issues.

yeah I have one of their indoor steel logs stores, was only 50 quid and Im happy with it as it holds enough logs for about 6 or 7 fires. I cant comment on the quality of their outdoor log stores though.

True enough although not that aesthetically pleasing! Also not the safest with very young kids in the garden.

The keter max referred to above looks good but can't see in stock anywhere. It's called the keter store it out max. 150 is the best price I saw but no stock.

This one on woodies is surprisingly the best one I could find but not available for delivery or click and collect so you may need to call the local woodies.

Have one of the woodies one already for garden furniture etc not sure if I want another one but again depends on how much wood we order

Have one of the woodies one already for garden furniture etc not sure if I want another one but again depends on how much wood we order

How do you find the woodies one? Easy to assemble and waterproof?

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I just got a pallet if the rocket blaze eco logs.

Very happy. They light easily and great heat from them.

How big was the truck that delivered it do you know? roughly

ablelocks wrote: »
    £169!!!! jaysus.

i got mine for £80, i didnt say that was a good price its just the style i was showing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hello everyone,

I have Vitae inset 6kw stove installed in our new house. Never used Stoves before in my life (joys of living in an apartment).

I am looking to buy Wood fuel and wondering where to get the best deal please?

In the stove booklet it says :

"Burn only seasoned timber products with a moisture content of less than 20%. To obtain this moisture content allow cut wood to dry for at least 12-18 months. Do not burn construction timber, treated of painted wood, manufactured board or pallets."

Hello everyone,

I have Vitae inset 6kw stove installed in our new house. Never used Stoves before in my life (joys of living in an apartment).

I am looking to buy Wood fuel and wondering where to get the best deal please?

In the stove booklet it says :

"Burn only seasoned timber products with a moisture content of less than 20%. To obtain this moisture content allow cut wood to dry for at least 12-18 months. Do not burn construction timber, treated of painted wood, manufactured board or pallets."

Have a read through the thread there's been a few deals mentioned recently

maybe add where you're based.

How do you find the woodies one? Easy to assemble and waterproof?

There was a party missing but got that then assembled it and Im not great at this stuff I was like Homer building his BBQ

Top of it was springing up and door was ajar but it does the trick for garden furniture

• Advertisement

There was a party missing but got that then assembled it and Im not great at this stuff I was like Homer building his BBQ

Top of it was springing up and door was ajar but it does the trick for garden furniture

so it's modern art too :D

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement