Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

colm_mcm wrote:
    Pure One Mi DAB raring. Think these are usually €50-60 Reduced to €17.33

Is there much DAB broadcast in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Pique wrote: »
    Is there much DAB broadcast in Ireland?

Have a read of this.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAB_in_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

11214 wrote:
    Have a read of this.

So "no" would be the answer.

Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Pique wrote: »
    So "no" would be the answer.

Shame.

Ha ha, don't be silly, Grow up.
    I took the time to post up a link with a list of DAB channels available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭jacool

11214 wrote: »
    Ha ha, don't be silly, Grow up.
    I took the time to post up a link with a list of DAB channels available.
    You failed to "pique" his interest! Don't let him "pique" you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Have a DAB+ radio in work in Dublin city & one at home in D15.
    We used to get a few channels come through but now.........nothing, though to be fair, I haven't bothered with them in a while

In my opinion RTE Gold is worth the €17.33 on its own. Great station. No ads, no waffle and classic hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I can pick up the BBC on DAB where I am in Dublin, so that makes having DAB worthwhile. I would say the coverage would be pretty limited, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

karcher window cleaner W5 now 24.50 in tesco athlone

Are these things any good?
    Would spend the €25 on one, but I think they are normally about €70 and I wouldn't bother at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

Seve OB wrote: »

Are these things any good?
    Would spend the €25 on one, but I think they are normally about €70 and I wouldn't bother at that price
    Bought one last time they were €25. Hubby finds it great for drying off car when he washes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

mac1961 wrote: »
    Bought one last time they were €25. Hubby finds it great for drying off car when he washes it.

I don't think using any kind of squeegee on car paintwork is a good idea longterm. The guys on the "car detailing" forum would need a sit down if they saw one in action http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tesco Clearwater : Apple 2GB iPod shuffle (Silver) €25 ... might suit somebody. There were about 6 in the clearance section of the main isle to the right as you walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Still 69.99 in Claremorris. Presume it's the same one WV5.

Cheers for that. Picked one up in Finglas. Last one actually......:( but despair not, there were plenty of WV2s on the shelf. No price on them though but they are bound to be going cheap as were with loads of other Karcher stuff knocked down in price such as extension hoses & car brush for about €12 and accessories for the window vac. I brought up a bottle of the cleaning fluid marked down on the shelf from 11 odd to 9 and some change, just to check if it was marked down any further..... 19.50 she said..... you're grand thanks I said. Now I'm thinking........damn, could of chanced me arm there on double the difference :(
    I don't think using any kind of squeegee on car paintwork is a good idea longterm. The guys on the "car detailing" forum would need a sit down if they saw one in action http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

Lol, I certainly won't be cleaning my car with it
    leck wrote: »

It was actually the WV5 Premium I picked up, so they are going for 120 in curries, so a really smashing price, thanks again OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭CH3OH

leck wrote: »

The Shelf Edge Label was €69.99 in Arklow as well, but it scanned at €24.50 (WV5 Premium)
    Quite a few left

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Was a shelf full of these last night in Tesco Dundalk (old shopping centre) all gone this morning :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Saw a staff member in Stillorgan taking a 40" TV, some kids big toys and a couple of small other things and putting them behind the counter.
    Only noticed as overheard another staff member say to him "are you really taking all of them?"
    Didn't even see the prices as he took them off the trolley before they hit the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Saw a staff member in Stillorgan taking a 40" TV, some kids big toys and a couple of small other things and putting them behind the counter.
    Only noticed as overheard another staff member say to him "are you really taking all of them?"
    Didn't even see the prices as he took them off the trolley before they hit the floor!

Are they doing any deals on big screen tv's at the moment? Has anyone seen them in any store?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

okidoki987 wrote: »

More power to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Are they doing any deals on big screen tv's at the moment? Has anyone seen them in any store?

Don't know as wasn't out long enough to get the sticker up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Any decent value on TVs in Tesco at the moment? Looking to get a 32" or smaller..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got 2 Prestige 5L pressure cookers for €12.37 each in Tramore ( one for my Ma ). The other stores probably have them as well.

These are great for stews etc as they cook in a third of the time , so are really energy efficient .

€70 here ,
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/prestige-prestige-smart-plus-5-litre-pressure-cooker/1600091918.prd

I got 2 Prestige 5L pressure cookers for €12.37 each in Tramore ( one for my Ma ). The other stores probably have them as well.

These are great for stews etc as they cook in a third of the time , so are really energy efficient .

€70 here ,
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/prestige-prestige-smart-plus-5-litre-pressure-cooker/1600091918.prd

why do you need 2 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

I got 2 Prestige 5L pressure cookers for €12.37 each in Tramoreone for my Ma ). The other stores probably have them as well.

€70 here ,

The bit in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

None in Drogheda w2 model scans @€;82.10 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

moonshadow wrote: »
    None in Drogheda w2 model scans @€;82.10 .
    There were 3 yesterday I got one ...... Cant understand why so cheap we were looking all summer and they priced over 100 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

€70 here ,

Just wondering if there were any more pressure cookers in the Tramore store, or did you get the last two?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Home Store & More have the 6L Prestige pressure cooker for 43.50 if someone wants one.

• Advertisement

I reported yesterday there was no pressure cookers in Finglas and no window cleaners left there either.

Seems to have been deleted for some reason, so posting again for anyone interested

Advertisement