Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Tv
    AS1890 wrote: »
    You're right they don't. I have the 40" model at home. Sky Remote wouldnt connect. Tried all the codes via Sky Remote Code Generator and none worked.

Actually I think the problem is that the sharp remotes are too advanced for the sky box's. One is infra red and the other is wireless or Bluetooth. I'm not sure but it's a small price to pay beat the sharp TV s. Are good quality

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just a heads up and I could be wrong. But I don't think that sky remotes will work with those. Tvs
    You aren't wrong, they dropped Infra Red.

Sharp in the EU are owned by UMC
    (outside the EU IIRC it's the Chinese outfit that installed anti-suicide nets at their factory)

they use a proprietary 2.4GHz system where the remote is paired to the TV

The only advantage is that you don't need line of site to the TV :rolleyes:
    call me old fashioned but I typically only watch TV's when I can see the screen. ( normal infra red remotes are blocked by glass but wireless means in theory the neighbours could take control )

http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/sharpcodes.php
    Important note. Most models of Sharp TV’s launched from August 2015 onwards use the very latest ‘RF’ technology as opposed to earlier models which use the previous technology called Infrared (IR).
    "Latest" = vendor lock in.
    Horizon uses RF but AFAIK nothing works with Sharp TV's

You have to buy replacement remotes from UMC for £17 + £3 p&p , possibly more to post here ?
    http://shop.umc-uk.co.uk/shop/products.asp?cid=401

I don't know if you can pair two remotes to the same TV

If all you do is change HDMI and volume it's nearly cheaper to use a Raspberry Pi to control it using the limited subset of CEC they use

It probably has an OK panel - but if you use SKY or Freesat or Virgin or Ferguson or One For All to control your TV and Set top box with ONE remote OR need a second remote for someone else to use, then AVOID this like the plague, unless you like living in the 1980's which was the last time you actually needed a separate remote for everything.

[/RANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I have this TV. It's good value for money. Picture wise, there's a little bit of ghosting occasionally which I don't experience with my Samsung, but can't complain for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Hendrickp wrote: »
    2 of these left in Tesco Jervis Street. Only €34

https://www.tesco.com/direct/crosley-cruiser-turntable-orange/492-2456.prd

Couldn't see them.
    They have stock in Arklow but are charging 99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

i seen this mentioned on beadyeyebargains

In tesco maynooth, 49 inch smart tv for €429

Was looking at them yesterday. I really taught that the sharp 4k tvs might have been a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

In the words of Tiffany.... Children behave :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

smelly sock - One week ban for personal abuse and trolling. Cop on when you come back or your next ban will be for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Tesco Maynooth: Sandisk 16GB Class 10 Micro Sd card €4:50 and a 32GB Cruzer memory stick for €8:50 (half price) some other Sandisk Sd cards reduced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

2mtr , 4 gang extension lead , ending with barcode 0205 , €1.05 . In a plastic carrier bag.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Picked up a 32 pack of the Tesco AA alkaline batteries in Tesco Tralee Square for €4.20. The use-by date is March 2018 which I assume is why they're discounted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Quackster wrote: »
    Picked up a 32 pack of the Tesco AA alkaline batteries in Tesco Tralee Square for €4.20. The use-by date is March 2018 which I assume is why they're discounted.

2018 is next year surely you'd use 32 batteries in a year.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That very much depends. I try to use rechargeables as much as possible. In any case, when you buy batteries, there would be a reasonable expectation that they'd be good for a few years.

My missus has used 32 tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

dan185 wrote: »
    My missus has used 32 tonight!

sounds like you two are having a good Valentines night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Come for the bargains, stay away for the ****e banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Underbed storage boxes (clear plastic, with lid) for €2.80.

(For Dan's missus to store the batteries and eh...battery powered devices in, perhaps :pac:).

3 left in Galway Shopping Centre (groceries).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

maudgonner wrote: »
    Underbed storage boxes (clear plastic, with lid) for €2.80.

(For Dan's missus to store the batteries and eh...battery powered devices in, perhaps :pac:).

3 left in Galway Shopping Centre (groceries).

The didos?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    The didos?

Sorry could you repeat that? the morning rain clouds up my window, and I can't see at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sorry could you repeat that? the morning rain clouds up my window, and I can't see at all...

It's not so bad & I want to thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It was a word in the Words only heard in Ireland thread. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Back to the bargains please folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

24 pack of Duracell AA batteries priced at €8.40 although scanning at €24 in the clearance bin in Newbdridge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

bduffy wrote: »
    24 pack of Duracell AA batteries priced at €8.40 although scanning at €24 in the clearance bin in Newbdridge

Refund + double the difference opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Belkin Digital Optical Out 5m reduced to €7.49 from €19.99
    Tesco Digital Optical Out 1m reduced to €2.49

Tesco Coonagh, Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Tesco Ballybeg should be in others ,

WD40 400ml ,easy straw €1.40 .

Hacksaw / brush saw €1.43 .

R2D2 / Clone Trooper air freshener 13c .

Loads of other tools etc very cheap .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

In Tesco Carlow:

Lightning%20Adapter%20box_2.jpg

Obviously the pic is just for illustration purposes. Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter. €11.17. Four left on the shelf after I got one. They're on the right hand side of the first aisle, half the way up, on the end of of one of the shelves, with other clearance stuff.

Might be useful to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

Loreal night cream revitalise €7 (reduced from €30)

Loadsa petrol cans €1.97.

Condoms €5 normally€20

Tesco toothpaste 16cent

Campfire gas €2.20

Loadsa other reduced stuff.

All in Tesco kilrush,clare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

brophs wrote: »
    In Tesco Carlow:

Lightning%20Adapter%20box_2.jpg

Obviously the pic is just for illustration purposes. Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter. €11.17. Four left on the shelf after I got one. They're on the right hand side of the first aisle, half the way up, on the end of of one of the shelves, with other clearance stuff.

Might be useful to someone.

Picked up one in Longford at lunchtime. €3.19 and several left on the shelf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

Loads more stock clearance in Tesco kilrush.

Duracell battery AA charger was 44euro now 4 euro. Wow. There's loadsa them.

Duracell AA batteries. .previous price 24euro now 5.50 there are 13AA X 12 packs left.

Loadsa womens hair spray an moisturising cream

Still 1 pack of durex condoms at roughly 1/4 the normal price.

Numerous other products being reduced by staff today.

Star war mens tshirts  etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Roxboro, Limerick

Alcatel Pixi 3 mobile phone - €15 - locked to tesco though

6 pack duracell C batteries - marked €1.27 but none in stock
    4 pack duracell C batteries - €3.42

Advertisement