Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭xabi

Karcher K2 compact machines half price in Mahon point, 60 euro. No accessories except the lance (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Steer clear of karcher not worth is

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

I have a Karcher since the start of the year and find it good. What would you say stay clear? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭xabi

My next door neighbour has one for 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

xabi wrote: »
    My next door neighbour has one for 15 years

Yeah, stupid Flanders wanting his stuff back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

BT 300 baby monitor down to €32 and a basic baby stroller €23 in oranmore galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Shh...

The Tesco 50m , Aluminium , rotary dryer's are €12 in all stores . The 40m ones are less than €10 .

Keep it on the qt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sandisk Dual USB Drive 16GB €4.50 (in Ardkeen at least) behind the customer service desk.

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Dual-Drive-16GB/dp/B00HR7K7M0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481318404&sr=8-2&keywords=16gb+sandisk+smartphone+dual

Cheap & cheerful for throwing a few videos/files onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sandisk Dual USB Drive 16GB €4.50 (in Ardkeen at least) behind the customer service desk.

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Dual-Drive-16GB/dp/B00HR7K7M0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481318404&sr=8-2&keywords=16gb+sandisk+smartphone+dual

Cheap & cheerful for throwing a few videos/files onto.
    Lots of SanDisk USB drives half-price
    Cruzer Force USB3.0 64GB €14.00 32GB €8.50 and plenty of SD cards half-price Tesco Metro Naas.
    Not exactly a give away but cheaper than Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

sarah88 wrote: »
    I was in Tesco in Waterford yesterday and there were selling off 1tb Seagate external hardrives, 2.0 version for €21.72 and 3.0 version for €21.33. Both had a yellow SEL, however the shelves were empty. I tried all the tesco's in Waterford but no luck. They could be selling off the remaining stock, worth a check in your local tesco.

Also found a half price ipod touch gen 5 down to €105 i think. Again might be worth checking your local if your planning on picking one up.

Anyone notice these offers in any other tesco stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Dec4 wrote: »
    Lots of SanDisk USB drives half-price
    Cruzer Force USB3.0 64GB €14.00 32GB €8.50 and plenty of SD cards half-price Tesco Metro Naas.
    Not exactly a give away but cheaper than Amazon.

Where are they in the shop? Never noticed them in the metro before

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Where are they in the shop? Never noticed them in the metro before

Last aisle, to left of phone display, not far from the alcohol..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭gussieg

got a blaupunkt TV in tesco for 279 had a coupon for 20 euro off if I spent 120 or more, this TV is brilliant. . well wiorth getting kid, even though it had been reduced for black Friday to 149 sterling on tesco.com , damn wish I'd seen that, it is still better than a Samsung I got in pcworld .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Have you ever owned one ?
    and as previously stated what other options do you recommend ?

Dying to hear your insight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I did read somewhere that the cheap low spec ones are not very reliable. Plastic pump parts that dont last very long.
    In fact I had one years ago that packed up after 6 months. Seized pump.

The higher karcher price washers are the bees knees though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Have you ever owned one ?
    and as previously stated what other options do you recommend ?

Dying to hear your insight

The cheaper karchers have an all plastic pump and control head and are susceptible to frost damage from even mild frosts, if your garage/shed/storage area isn't prone to freezing thats not an issue and as long as you completely drain down the pump this isn't a problem either. After winters 2009/2010 there were an awful lot of broken karchers which is why you hear people giving out so much.

Also the models with a elbow outlet to the control head are prone to mechanical damage from the leverage placed on the control head by movement of the hose.

The cheap K2 pump parts have the amount of plastic in the mouldings cut to the bone saving a pew pence per part:
    KAR4.551-056.0.jpg

versus the tougher heavily glass filled parts of the plastic pumped k3
    KAR9.001-692.0.jpg
    GENUINE-KARCHER-Cylinder-Head-Pump-Set-9001693-9001-6930-_57.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ah lads. discussion and pics of pumps in a Tesco bargain alert thread. ffs

here's a bargain alert on an actual pump available in Tesco - reduced to 13.99 or so, saw it in Nenagh and Coonagh Cross over the last couple of weeks....

it's not on the Tesco website, but it's this one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ablelocks wrote: »
    ah lads. discussion and pics of pumps in a Tesco bargain alert thread. ffs

here's a bargain alert on an actual pump available in Tesco - reduced to 13.99 or so, saw it in Nenagh and Coonagh Cross over the last couple of weeks....

it's not on the Tesco website, but it's this one

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The 50m rotary washing lines are down to under €9 now .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

1.5m optical cable €3.74

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

vicwatson wrote: »
    1.5m optical cable €3.74

National or local ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

National or local ?

Not sure. It was up on the cable rack with a yellow discounted sel so I'd say it's national.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

vicwatson wrote: »
    1.5m optical cable €3.74

Couldn't find this one but they had:
    2m Belkin €7.49
    5m Belkin €11.49

Had to scan them to find out the real price as the price on them was completely wrong.

Nice bargain, Argos have a 1m one for €12.99. Normally don't care about small savings like this but haven't a penny with Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Tesco in Maynooth have two pairs of Beats Studio 2.0 (not wireless from what I could see) for €169

1 pair of Pink Solo 2s for 109~
    Black Solo 2s for 150

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I bought a Daewoo air fryer in Tesco Ballybeg (Waterford) today for €55, down from €89.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MacTiarnain

Tesco in Waterford (Poleberry, in beside the shopping centre where Costa and Odeon are) are selling the medium sized pouches of sweets (MnMs, Minstrels, Galaxy Counters and a few others) for just a euro, down from like 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Tesco accept the Dunnes Shop and Save vouchers on the basis of 1 €10 voucher per transaction.

Tesco website states that "We do not accept spend & save coupons for the purchase of Gift cards, Fuel and normal Clubcard exclusions e.g. tobacco, infant formulae, lottery tickets, medicine, savings stamps"

Anyone know if they accept them against purchases of electricals, clothes, homewares and media?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Yes they do l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Star Wars Mashers 4 Pack of characters down to €11.49....is it to early to start collecting for next Xmas? Great value, they have individual mashers priced at €16.99 beside them, some of the same characters even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anyone know if they accept them against purchases of electricals, clothes, homewares and media?

And most importantly phone credit :D.

Advertisement