Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I bought non HP ink for one of the new HP printers. They are programmed to not accept them. It’s disgraceful, we should have a choice once we buy a product. I have an old laser printer from 2007 and i’ll be sticking with that for printing. The new one was for small photocopy jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not an issue if the printer is only 15 quid. Id nearly consider it disposable.

You’d probably need to stockpile them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I bought non HP ink for one of the new HP printers. They are programmed to not accept them. It’s disgraceful, we should have a choice once we buy a product. I have an old laser printer from 2007 and i’ll be sticking with that for printing. The new one was for small photocopy jobs.

That's why they are so cheap. If you want the flexability of using non genuine cartridges then you need to be spending alot more €40 on the printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

kaizersoze wrote: »
    That's why they are so cheap. If you want the flexability of using non genuine cartridges then you need to be spending alot more €40 on the printer.

That wasn’t the one I got, mine was 70 euro. Got it last February.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Maybe of interest if you have a money off voucher to combine with

25% off clothing, footwear and accessories until Monday

495803.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Was in Tesco Wexford a few hours ago.
    They had a pile of coffee machines red + black. I am now confused whether they were Tassimo or Dolce Gusto - Black Friday offer €25 (rec retail €99 - a bit optimistic I think). Sorry - didn't take a photo - was too interested in their Sharp TV offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Lego advent reduced in tesco. 15 euro for the friends calendar, 18.75 for the Harry Potter and star wars versions.

No use to me as I got these weeks ago. Only the Harry Potter left in that tesco mahon point anyway. May be better stock elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Revell RC Technik RC Car Advent Calender €8.45 in Tesco Naas

This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079D3ZZKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Orb5Db2BG2BSN

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

AFAIK there's a tesco toy sale starting tomorrow. 20%-25% off almost all toys. Don't have anymore detail on this.

Further 20% off the marked price of toys in Tesco today.

• Advertisement

50% off marked price of clothing starting today. On for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

gobo99 wrote: »

My local Tesco has a separate floor for clothes and household items. It's been closed since the lock down as it's deemed non-essential. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

gobo99 wrote: »

Where did you see that? I was in my local Tesco this morning and there was no sale advertised anywhere :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Only wrote: »
    Where did you see that? I was in my local Tesco this morning and there was no sale advertised anywhere :confused:

It's not being advertised but it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

So when you go to pay everything is discounted 50% ?? Definitely??

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

That seems an odd way to do a sale

Kazbah wrote: »
    That seems an odd way to do a sale

Some stores seems to have it advertised in store, others dont. My local store had two signs up in the clothing area saying 50% off all F&F. Seems to be word of mouth where most people are hearing it.

I honestly have no idea, no harm in asking a member of staff or a manager in your store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They got slated on social media for doing it at this time.
    In reply, Tesco said they had markings on the floor for social distancing.
    Nothing on the website about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Obviously this type of stock is not moving, so this a way to get rid. I can see this getting shut down as non-essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The wife was in the Tesco one the other day, and they had a sale , but she said there wasn’t much stuff.

It’s probably not been advertised as they don’t want another case of the Lidl and Aldi queues .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Clothing section completely closed off in Finglas tesco earlier this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great news, clothing purchases delay everyone else by buyers thinking the checkout operator is Louis Copeland. They should be banished to a seperate payment operator where they can all delay each others day.

Almost positive they've been closed off in all Tesco's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Items scanning at full price yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,210 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Almost positive they've been closed off in all Tesco's now.

I think it varies from store to store!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Clothing closed in Mahon Point Cork 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Closed in Wexford today. All cordoned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I spoke to a member of staff in the local Tesco. She asked not to name names but a large Dublin store had to call the guards after fights broke out over some of the sale stock. On the advice of Gardai Tesco have closed clothing sections until further notice (or people can behave themselves)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I spoke to a member of staff in the local Tesco. She asked not to name names but a large Dublin store had to call the guards after fights broke out over some of the sale stock. On the advice of Gardai Tesco have closed clothing sections until further notice (or people can behave themselves)

Seems to be the Irish reaction to everything - nobody can have anything in case someone acts the maggot.

Advertisement