Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

Ps dual shock 4 €39.99, €20 off. Spotted in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

If you get voucher from Tescomobile for samsung phones don’t forget to claim your cashback here https://www.samsung.com/ie/eco-cashback/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bliger wrote: »
    If you get voucher from Tescomobile for samsung phones don’t forget to claim your cashback here https://www.samsung.com/ie/eco-cashback/

My mum did this yesterday, handy little phone (she got a Samsung Galaxy a20e for €189.99 with a €60 off voucher plus an additional €35 cash back from Samsung).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Jivo jellie white earphones reduced to 2.50 Tesco Ardkeen. Loads of them there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

dulpit wrote: »
    My mum ... got a Samsung Galaxy a20e for €189.99 with a €60 off voucher plus an additional €35 cash back
    Do you know if it's locked to Tesco?

• Advertisement

Do you know if it's locked to Tesco?

I didn't check, but it did come in a Tesco branded box, so probably.. I'll check later if I can...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

that'd be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

dulpit wrote: »
    My mum did this yesterday, handy little phone (she got a Samsung Galaxy a20e for €189.99 with a €60 off voucher plus an additional €35 cash back from Samsung).

Where are the vouchers please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think vouchers came in the post to the registered club card holder. My mum got them but no one in our house needs a new phone so it’s a waste.

sue97 wrote: »
    Where are the vouchers please

Post. She got one, I didn't though randomly enough...

• Advertisement

Got some info on Tesco Clubcard day reductions this Saturday from a friend working there
    Blaupunkt 40 smart tv reduced from 350 to 200
    Sharp 55 uhd 4k tv 600 to 400
    Lenovo laptop v145 bundle with accessories reduced from 400 to under 300
    Samsung A10 smart phone reduced 160 to 100
    Some morphy Richards coffee makers and Tassimo vivy machines been reduced but didn't get the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

could you ask if the 50inch philips will be reduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

billbond4 wrote:

They don't reduce everything.

I know,
    Thats why i asked @mickmackmcgoo to ask his friend about that specific item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He's posted what his friend told him. Lets not turn the thread into a request thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

RossieMan wrote: »
    He's posted what his friend told him. Lets not turn the thread into a request thread.
    Exactly!

They'll be asking if the sliced pan bread will be reduced next

billbond4 wrote:

They said it's only the 2 tv's I posted earlier.

They said it's only the 2 tv's I posted earlier.
    Thanks, will be making my TV purchase in argos then

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Got some info on Tesco Clubcard day reductions this Saturday from a friend working there
    Blaupunkt 40 smart tv reduced from 350 to 200
    Sharp 55 uhd 4k tv 600 to 400
    Lenovo laptop v145 bundle with accessories reduced from 400 to under 300
    Samsung A10 smart phone reduced 160 to 100
    Some morphy Richards coffee makers and Tassimo vivy machines been reduced but didn't get the prices

there only really a few items on special otherwise its chocolate etc like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

billbond4 wrote: »
    Thanks, will be making my TV purchase in argos then

What are you getting? Can I get something better than the 40’ Blaupunkt €200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭BandMember

Blaupunkt, Sharp and Philips are terrible quality televisions - avoid them at all costs!! Generally tend to have terrible sound quality (you're going to need a soundbar) and the picture quality is not very good either. Far better televisions available for around the same money. That's my two cent anyway.

And now, back to the bargain posting....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BandMember wrote: »
    Blaupunkt, Sharp and Philips are terrible quality televisions - avoid them at all costs!! Generally tend to have terrible sound quality (you're going to need a soundbar) and the picture quality is not very good either. Far better televisions available for around the same money. That's my two cent anyway.

And now, back to the bargain posting....
    Depends on the model.

If only there was an easy way to find out what LCD panel the TV's have, because most Irish viewers use external boxes, external sound works better and "Smart TV" can be done with a Raspberry Pi for a tenner.

[RANT]
    Blaupunkt and Sharp (in Europe) are made by UMC in Poland brands here

BE WARNED ,Sharp now use RF remotes so can't be used with SKY or Virgin or Freesat or Saorview or any third party remotes, so sucks for most Irish users :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Vestel, in Turkey part of the EU customs union , make many of the other budget TV brands for the EU market

Outside of that duopoly it's either top of the range Japanese or Made In China.

BTW

ANY cheap and cheerful flat screen will have terrible sound , some corners have to be cut. You can use an old HiFi, check charity shops for something with Aux In, or external speakers , you don't need a sound bar. Mr Price does (or did) a master/slave socket so the sound is powered down when the TV is off.
    [/RANT]

Top Tip check out Tesco UK TV's I've used ParcelWizard to save €100 verses the Tesco IRL price before on budget TV's

YMMV and returns might not be as easy as Amazon

/2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I have seen the Philips 50" down to €350 last week, not sure which model, wasn't Ambilight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I know it's an Argos thread but for TV's I always get them from Richershounds.ie that include 6 years guarantee, also they are on Boards talk to section always very helpful, give them specs and how much you want to spend to get a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭BandMember

nava wrote: »
    I know it's an Argos thread but for TV's I always get them from Richershounds.ie that include 6 years guarantee, also they are on Boards talk to section always very helpful, give them specs and how much you want to spend to get a recommendation.

+1. Can't recommend Richersounds highly enough! They will get you the best tv possible for your budget, organise delivery, a 6 year guarantee and are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Give them a shout on Boards, you won't go wrong... ;)

t2.png

t1.png
    See attachments of the Tesco Saturday deals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭Soarer

t2.png

See attachments of the Tesco Saturday deals

Apparently there's a €39 saving buying something for €80 that was once €109! :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

So what is clubcard day anyone explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

2 days to go! Get ready for prizes galore, deals galore, and value galore! Scan it lucky with us this Saturday, July 6th to be in with a chance to win some of the best prizes imaginable! All you need is your Clubcard, and your lucky charm… #ClubcardDay

...basically special offers and prizes to be won

Advertisement