Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three (UK) Mobile preloaded 3GB Data

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I used http://www.lycamobile.us/en/ for data in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I tried it last time and it was really slow.
    Any other sim card for 30€? Will be in cali for 2 weeks
    September1 wrote: »
    I used http://www.lycamobile.us/en/ for data in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quick question on this SIM: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/new-3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-preloaded-with-12gb-of-data-three-sizes-35203

Does this need to be activated in the UK for first use or can the initial activation happen in a roaming country such as Ireland or Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

tallpaul wrote: »
    Quick question on this SIM: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/new-3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-preloaded-with-12gb-of-data-three-sizes-35203

Does this need to be activated in the UK for first use or can the initial activation happen in a roaming country such as Ireland or Spain?

No it can be activated anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Bought one of these Three sims as travelling to US soon and wanted use of maps if possible.

Anyway, I activated this for the first time today on an old Irish Three MIFI I had. Within 30 seconds I was connected to the Internet roaming as indicated on the MIFI.

The following is a Speedtest screenshot.

All in all this should suit my needs just fine on arrival in the US. Well worth it in my opinion for two months.

• Advertisement

How much did you pay for its shipping?
    keano25 wrote: »
    Bought one of these Three sims as travelling to US soon and wanted use of maps if possible.

Anyway, I activated this for the first time today on an old Irish Three MIFI I had. Within 30 seconds I was connected to the Internet roaming as indicated on the MIFI.

The following is a Speedtest screenshot.

All in all this should suit my needs just fine on arrival in the US. Well worth it in my opinion for two months.

How much did you pay for its shipping?

€3.50 AddressPal

€3.50 AddressPal

it's even cheaper with Amazon

£25.80 including delivery direct to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Anyway, I activated this for the first time today [...]

Are you going to the US for 2 months? Because you've already used up one of your (two) months by roaming in Ireland without also being in the UK at least once in January.

breathn wrote: »
    Are you going to the US for 2 months? Because you've already used up one of your (two) months by roaming in Ireland without also being in the UK at least once in January.

No just a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Guys, is this the 3 sim everyone is talking about? Heading to the US and hoping to get a couple of these for me and my OH.
    https://www.mymemory.ie/SIM-Cards/3/3-PAYG-3G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-3GB-of-Data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Activated my 3 UK Sim this morning & topped up by £10 all in one add on. Heading to London for the wkd so will be using over there. Then I'll knock it off till I land in Orlando on 28th March for two weeks. I'll buy voucher code when in London & activate before I go with the £20 top up deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

This might be of use to some, considering the 3 SIM may only work with a MiFi or similar

https://www.mymemory.ie/PC-Accessories/D-Link/D-Link-DWR-720-Mobile-Wi-Fi-Hotspot-21-Mbps

Slightly cheaper via .co.uk site. even with £1.95 P&P

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/PC-Accessories/D-Link/D-Link-DWR-720-Mobile-Wi-Fi-Hotspot-21-Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Only wrote: »
    Guys, is this the 3 sim everyone is talking about? Heading to the US and hoping to get a couple of these for me and my OH.
    https://www.mymemory.ie/SIM-Cards/3/3-PAYG-3G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-3GB-of-Data

Yes this is the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

I have used the 3 UK sim in spain and portugal and it was fine.

But recently In Orlando and got no reception at all.

Also my 3 Ireland sim was useless as well

gripcasey wrote: »
    I have used the 3 UK sim in spain and portugal and it was fine.

But recently In Orlando and got no reception at all.

Also my 3 Ireland sim was useless as well

Looks more like a network issue rather than sim issue.

Can it be used on Samsung galaxy s7 unlocked mobile phone?
    fdevine wrote: »
    This might be of use to some, considering the 3 SIM may only work with a MiFi or similar

https://www.mymemory.ie/PC-Accessories/D-Link/D-Link-DWR-720-Mobile-Wi-Fi-Hotspot-21-Mbps

Slightly cheaper via .co.uk site. even with £1.95 P&P

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/PC-Accessories/D-Link/D-Link-DWR-720-Mobile-Wi-Fi-Hotspot-21-Mbps

Can it be used on Samsung galaxy s7 unlocked mobile phone?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

This is an amazing yoke! Esp in a dual sim phone. Have it 6 months now and still Storming along. Used in France Italy Germany US. Pity Canada isn't included but it's still amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

newwan wrote: »
    This is an amazing yoke! Esp in a dual sim phone. Have it 6 months now and still Storming along. Used in France Italy Germany US. Pity Canada isn't included but it's still amazing

are there any restrictions in terms of when you have to activate it or by when you need use the data?
    Meaning, i can buy it now and use it this summer and if data is left over use it summer of 2018?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    are there any restrictions in terms of when you have to activate it or by when you need use the data?
    Meaning, i can buy it now and use it this summer and if data is left over use it summer of 2018?

Once you activate it, the clock starts ticking, whether or not you use the data during the time period. I got one for 3 months and it stopped working 3 months after activation. I'd only used about a quarter of the data, but I knew that was the deal.

Unfortunately, 3 has very poor coverage in my area, so I didn't really get enough opportunities to use it away from my wifi at home, which was the main reason for purchasing. I was really only trialling it in advance of going to Spain in the summer - I had a normal 3UK sim before and used it there. It was slow, but ok.

newwan wrote: »

What about the 2 month roaming restriction?

What about the 2 month roaming restriction?

I'm not sure that's enforced, or maybe it depends where you roam. I can't give you exact figures, but I had one here in Ireland and it stayed working for ages and it was never in the UK.
    I guess it stayed working at least 6 to 8 months and by then I believe the 12gb data had been used up.

My current one was first activated on 26/10/16 and it's still going strong.

Same here, activated one in Aug last year, still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Wexy86

I read the thread and can't see this asked or maybe I missed it, sorry for the idiot question but will this sim work on a three Ireland sim phone? Thanks :)

Wexy86 wrote: »
    I read the thread and can't see this asked or maybe I missed it, sorry for the idiot question but will this sim work on a three Ireland sim phone? Thanks :)

You will have to have an unlocked phone, or a Three UK phone, and even then this sim is for broadband/internet use only. i.e you can't make calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Wexy86 wrote: »

No. They are different networks. You must unlock your three Ireland phone first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Can the sim in the OP work in the UK?. UK isn't listed as one of the countries?. I would just need to use in the UK, would this still be one of the best deals for 3GB data in the UK for a mobile phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

califano wrote: »
    Can the sim in the OP work in the UK?. UK isn't listed as one of the countries?. I would just need to use in the UK, would this still be one of the best deals for 3GB data in the UK for a mobile phone?
    It's a UK SIM, so should work. The card can be bought in UK stores like Argos too. I'm heading to Wales this Summer, and this is a great little deal. Might just pick one up over in an Argos when I get there.

• Advertisement

Yes it works fine in UK and you get much better speed compared to anywhere else on roaming since its a UK 3 sim.

Advertisement