Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I’m gonna run a vanilla game. I just need to find some time in my schedule. When is the Stephen King game starting?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sullivlo wrote:
    I'm gonna run a vanilla game. I just need to find some time in my schedule. When is the Stephen King game starting?

26th August. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Game Type |Theme (revealed optionally)|Mod(s)|Date
    Complex | Werewolf - Jurassic Park | Pter, TB & Duffman13 | July 29th 2018 |
    TBC| Werewolf - Stephen King Extravaganza into the heart | Necro & Quickbeam & Stu Redman | August 26th 2018

heres the scheduled games, so anytime between.

or 'stephen King experience into tense horror' :)

any sKeith title is good....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

We should so have a robber role in a game.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

It would have to be used before the wolves are allowed into their backroom but after receiving their role.

So,they would need to rob pre thread opening, or the wolves don't know each other N0, pre robber.

When do you think the robbing should take place?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    It would have to be used before the wolves are allowed into their backroom but after receiving their role.

So,they would need to rob pre thread opening, or the wolves don't know each other N0, pre robber.

When do you think the robbing should take place?

A way around that would be to alter the role slightly. Call it 'The Clone' instead of the robber.

The Clone - can steal a player's role at any time in the game. Both the original and the clone will have the exact same abilities.

So if the clone chooses a wolf, the team gets an extra, identical wolf.
    Same for other roles.

Only way it would work in this format imo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just a reminder folks the sign up for the next WW game starting THIS SUNDAY is still open, we'd love a few more signees if anyone knows of anyone looking to cure their bloodlust send them our way! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Just a reminder folks the sign up for the next WW game starting THIS SUNDAY is still open, we'd love a few more signees if anyone knows of anyone looking to cure their bloodlust send them our way! :)

Do what I do, have a look at the list of former players and shoot out a few PMs. Some people don't follow the forum regularly (boo!) so might not know when the next game is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod Note

Guys there have been warnings in the past that you shouldn't be mass PM'ing players to get sign ups.

We have the notification thread, this thread and (usually) a site wide update that features our games.

No-one on that list of players opted in to receiving game recruitment PMs. Please don't be filling their PM inboxes with unsolicited invites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

OH NOES! Not GDPR again!

Opted in is the wrong wording. This isnt a GDPR thing.

We arent allowed to promote our forum in other fora (which is shilling) or by mass unsolicited pm's.

My name is on that list of players and no-one asked me would i mind, so i presume no-one else has been asked either.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Do what I do, have a look at the list of former players and shoot out a few PMs. Some people don't follow the forum regularly (boo!) so might not know when the next game is :)

Errr.... who hacked my account.

This clearly meant to say 'Do what I DON'T do...'

Yeah, that sounds better:o

*Runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    Errr.... who hacked my account.

This clearly meant to say 'Do what I DON'T do...'

Yeah, that sounds better:o

*Runs*

Backtracking..... wolf behaviour at its finest

Pter wrote: »
    Opted in is the wrong wording. This isnt a GDPR thing.

We arent allowed to promote our forum in other fora (which is shilling) or by mass unsolicited pm's.

My name is on that list of players and no-one asked me would i mind, so i presume no-one else has been asked either.

Maybe there should be a list for players to opt in to so the mods of games PM them.

I know Id love a PM if I missed a sign up.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Backtracking..... wolf behaviour at its finest

You got me, beaker. I felt I had no opportunity to win so decided to help the village :pac:

MOD NOTE

Posts moved to relevant thread.

Maybe there should be a list for players to opt in to so the mods of games PM them.

I know Id love a PM if I missed a sign up.

That sounds like a good idea. Let me bounce that around and see if that would be ok.

Yay my ploy to appear helpful has worked.

An opt in thread to be notified for upcoming games will be posted and stickied later this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Yay my ploy to appear helpful has worked.
    Wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necro hows the bot situation on COP since the links got scrubbed?

And, have we any metal fans here? Got my tickets for Ozzy!

Was thinking that earlier actually.

I'm not admin there any more (other guys have taken over), but we can take a look when the current game concludes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

She's running a lot quicker now

Suckin' diesel as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Might help that there aren't currently 30+ people accessing it.

Pter wrote:
    An opt in thread to be notified for upcoming games will be posted and stickied later this evening.

Thread is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

after the sherlock game (great game BTW - would love to be involved in the designing of a game at some stage), how do people keep track of the anon games? i find i just cant. who said what, etc.
    whereas if its using real names, i remember QB said that, or tigger did that, or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

after the sherlock game (great game BTW - would love to be involved in the designing of a game at some stage), how do people keep track of the anon games? i find i just cant. who said what, etc.
    whereas if its using real names, i remember QB said that, or tigger did that, or whatever

First day or so it's hard to remember who's who, but after that I find the new Nigel and the new Eva or whatever just slip in to place and develop their own character and any linger of old versions of them is forgotten.

Spreadsheets also help me though.

Advertisement