Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow v Leinster Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Seymour definitely one that got away regards Ireland :(
    You joking? He's bang average. The fact sky had him on "lions watch" today was laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

I forgot they're without Finn Russell but they seem to be managing.
    No mark bennett or josh strauss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

funtime93 wrote: »
    You joking? He's bang average. The fact sky had him on "lions watch" today was laughable.

He has an impressive try scoring rate, I think you're underrating him.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

He's ahead of any Irish or Welsh wingers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

Cuthbert is a lion. Go figure! !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Apologies for raising this as I'm sure it has been done before but...what's the story behind the bleached heads? Charity/supporting something? If it's not either I think it's the height of stupidity.

Reminds me of the Liverpool team that wore white suites to FA cup donkeys years ago. When they lose or make mistakes , their stupid hair makes the team look worse. Like they are not preparing properly. It's tacky as fck.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

ixus wrote: »
    Apologies for raising this as I'm sure it has been done before but...what's the story behind the bleached heads? Charity/supporting something? If it's not either I think it's the height of stupidity.

Reminds me of the Liverpool team that wore white suites to FA cup donkeys years ago. When they lose or make mistakes , their stupid hair makes the team look worse. Like they are not preparing priperly. It's tacky as fck.

Shave or dye in support of kurt mcquilkin who had to return to nz for family health reasons. Just because a group of players dyes there hair doesnt mean they arent going about their job professionally. They do have a thing called personal time. To suggest otherwise is utter bollox

Reminds me of the Liverpool team that wore white suites to FA cup donkeys years ago. When they lose or make mistakes , their stupid hair makes the team look worse. Like they are not preparing properly. It's tacky as fck.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/gallery-leinster-rugby-stars-shave-or-dye-to-raise-money-for-departing-coachs-family-35008262.html

In benefit of Kurt McQuilkin's family

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Shave or Dye.

https://www.cancer.ie/get-involved/fundraise/major-fundraising-drives/shave-or-dye/about

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Gatland has said on numerous occasions that in his opinion, the pro12 isn't relevant when it comes to form. That tells you that what ever Seymour has done thus far is irrelevant unless he can produce the same form for Scotland. I rate him highly and dont doubt he can do it but I won't care for what a player can do in a domestic league unless they do it in the Champions cup or 6N or Autemn internationals unless that player has a special advantage i.e a prop that can cover loose head and tight head like Matt Stevens.

• Advertisement

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Shave or dye in support of kurt mcquilkin who had to return to nz for family health reasons. Just because a group of players dyes there hair doesnt mean they arent going about their job professionally. They do have a thing called personal time. To suggest otherwise is utter bollox

Thanks for informing me. I missed the link. It's for a good cause which is understandable.

I'd 100% disagree with your point of view in final three sentences but it's immaterial to what the players are doing it for so not worth a discussion.

Thanks for informing me. I missed the link. It's for a good cause which is understandable.

I'd 100% disagree with your point of view in final three sentences but it's immaterial to what the players are doing it for so not worth a discussion.

Are the players not allowed to have a life outside of rugby, to do what other people do in their 20s (predominately) do?. Its not like they are off getting pissed a few days before a game. They are humans, not robots

It's way off topic and a general question about sports professionals/teams as opposed to a specific one about Leinster.

The players are doing it for a good cause which I fully understand and support. In general, I have no interest what a professional athlete does in there personal lives. None.

It's way off topic and a general question about sports professionals/teams as opposed to a specific one about Leinster.

The players are doing it for a good cause which I fully understand and support. In general, I have no interest what a professional athlete does in there personal lives. None.

So why claim they are stupid for a few of them going blond then?

It appears you can read but not comprehend. I've explained all that in my original post.

It appears you can read but not comprehend. I've explained all that in my original post.

Your just whinging for the sake of it. The colour of their hair isnt why a mistake is made or a poor performance occurs. Whether it was charity of not its an irrelevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

why on earth would that be a joke-he would undoubtedly be an assist to Ireland on the wing

do you have a link to explain the Away Jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Did anybody else spot that Glasgow were the better team today?

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Your just whinging for the sake of it. The colour of their hair isnt why a mistake is made or a poor performance occurs. Whether it was charity of not its an irrelevance.

You don't get it and I don't feel the need (beyond what I have) to explain it to you. Psychology is a massive part of sport. Worth learning about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

degsie wrote: »
    Did anybody else spot that Glasgow were the better team today?

Overall they were, although few if any have said otherwise. You would expect a full strength Glasgow team to be better than a second string Leinster team though, hence people's expectations before kick-off.

Ultimately Glasgow showed their class by taking full advantage of the opportunities presented to them. And full credit to them for it. But Leinster, given the respective strengths of the squads, played far beyond what many expected and deserve credit too. They deserved to get something from that game in reality and 5-0 is not at all a fair reflection on what happened over the 80.

• Advertisement

You don't get it and I don't feel the need (beyond what I have) to explain it to you. Psychology is a massive part of sport. Worth learning about.

Pretty sure you can both stop being dicks about now.

Ixus, you called it the height of stupidity to be doing what they did if not for charity. From a sporting point of view what they do with their hair is completely irrelevant. They could all go ginger for the craic as long as they are doing their jobs and it wouldn't matter a damn.

Adbrowne, let it go. It really doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Was Sexton injured? He always seems to be injured. How many games does that fella miss!

bobbyss wrote: »
    Was Sexton injured? He always seems to be injured. How many games does that fella miss!

He is injured, but even if he wasn't he'd have been rested. His injuries are often exaggerated though. He was available pretty much all last season except the SA tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Very encouraging performance, and a losing bonus point would have been the least we deserved. Line-speed was solid throughout the game and a lot of things starting to click in attack. Sorely missed Tracy's darts after he went off I think we lost something like two or three consecutive line-outs during that crucial period when Glasgow came back into it.

A lot to build on and be positive about though. Carberry had a great game and I hope the intercept doesn't rock him. That's also the best I've seen Healy play in a long time. Leavy reminded us today that he was the next big thing a couple of years ago. Ringrose made some nice slick linebreaks. Murphy and Molony both carried well. McCarthy was everywhere.

(Now let's just sign that Fijian winger and centre please.)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Is Adam Byrne injured or not deemed currently good enough for the match day squads? He had a good pre season scoring a few tries. If he struggles to get game time this year i can see him leaving, which would be a pity after losing Kelleher and having an ageing back line.
    I know he has had some injuries but he seems to have not kicked on since debuting at 19, it's a pity as he has speed and power.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gatland has said on numerous occasions that in his opinion, the pro12 isn't relevant when it comes to form. That tells you that what ever Seymour has done thus far is irrelevant unless he can produce the same form for Scotland. I rate him highly and dont doubt he can do it but I won't care for what a player can do in a domestic league unless they do it in the Champions cup or 6N or Autemn internationals unless that player has a special advantage i.e a prop that can cover loose head and tight head like Matt Stevens.

Seymours form for Scotland is already great. He has a try scoring return of 2.2, which is equal to Tommy bowe for ireland.
    Barring his form falls off a cliff he's on the plane. Wing is an area the lions aren't exactly strongest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Seymours form for Scotland is already great. He has a try scoring return of 2.2, which is equal to Tommy bowe for ireland.
    Barring his form falls off a cliff he's on the plane. Wing is an area the lions aren't exactly strongest in.

Well then he will be a Lion so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Reckon the BP system used in the Top14 and also this season in Super Rugby might be fairer (no 4TBP, rather BP for finishing 3 tries ahead).

Anyway if you're feeling a bit down about 5-0, just think of your neighbours out Wesht...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

flogthebog wrote: »
    really dislike these all-weather pitches. Watched a couple of scrums and you can clearly see players with big boot studs not being able to get a grip on the surface

I've played on them it's not an issue

• Advertisement

I've played on them it's not an issue

I actually find the biggest difference is with running, I haven't really heard a great way to describe it but it's like they're "bouncier"

Advertisement