Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Cardiff, Fri 9 Sept 7:35pm; TG4/BBCWales

Options
123457»

Comments

I agree with the sentiment that Conway and Zebo are in different leagues as players, but I wouldn't agree with the journeyman comment. Conway's move to Munster has probably done his career more harm than good. Leinster are crying out for some attacking talent and pace in their back 3.

I doubt Conway would be starting for Leinster. Kirchner is faster firstly (also faster then Zebo as demonstrated in his intercept try last season). Isa whilst two years retired scored more tries than Zebo last season and was 1 short of equalling the top pro 12 try scorers. And Dave Kearney is a better winger than Zebo or Conway as is demonstrated by Ireland selections so where he would fit in I don't know. Maybe with some injuries but otherwise he is getting more game time down south.

As for the gulf between Zebo and Conway all I'll say is this, in a 1v1 situation going for a try I'd rather Zebo. In a 1v1 situation defending the try line I'd take Conway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

For those who can't see the wood for the trees, a fit and firing Conway probably won't even make the bench for a full strength Munster side, hard as it seems for some to grasp

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

For those who can't see the wood for the trees, a fit and firing Conway probably won't even make the bench for a full strength Munster side, hard as it seems for some to grasp

Give it up. You're on your own on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Don't really care to be honest, anybody that can't see the gulf in ability between the 2 players is either blind or living in a cave

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'd have Zebo ahead of Conway as a FB or Winger but I'm glad we got Conway from Leinster and not Dave Kearney.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fjig is only echoing Conway's own assessment of where he's at. He did an interview with the Times towards the end of last season and marked himself down as solid at Pro12 but still to show he's up for it at HEC level. These are his words as well by the way.

I'd largely agree too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

A Conway vs Zebo debate and you still can't help yourself.

Sad.

Is it any worse than Venjur trying to start a Kearney vs Zebo debate when Conway was mentioned?

Conway is a good player for Munster, but he could have been a better player for Leinster, as Leinster don't have any players who offer a similar attacking threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Is it any worse than Venjur trying to start a Kearney vs Zebo debate when Conway was mentioned?

Conway is a good player for Munster, but he could have been a better player for Leinster, as Leinster don't have any players who offer a similar attacking threat.

Conway needed games. He was more likely to get them at Munster so it was a good move for him. He's not competing with Zebo, he's been competing with VDH, Sweetnam and ROM. He made the right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Conway needed games. He was more likely to get them at Munster so it was a good move for him. He's not competing with Zebo, he's been competing with VDH, Sweetnam and ROM. He made the right call.

Completely agree. He's not warming the bench at Leinster or worse only getting a few A games. He's a good squad player. Hes getting more gametime and that's what it's about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

I was of the thought that conway showed the talent (at u-20 ireland) that ringrose shows today at leinster. i will be a tad harsh to some and say munster simply is not using its backline terribly well

• Advertisement
Advertisement