Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Training + Racing 2016/17

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

davedanon wrote: »
    It's ok, I figured it out. I'd agree on the times, my garmin reckoned 27.05 but I was given 27.41 - no way that amount of time elapsed after the gun. No matter, times not important in xc.

Apparently the times were off as timer was positioned at end or middle of finish chute (not before it, parkrun style) and congestion led to some inaccuracies for later finishers. That's the word anyway. But yes, irrelevant etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Has anyone run the Waterford course that the National Masters is on? I'm hoping to do it, but I have a bit of tendonitis and am meant to be avoiding very rough, muddy XC (St Anne's was fine). Is Waterford worse or better than the Somme that was Dundalk IT last year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Its very up and down, ran novice a few yrs ago . Flat start, three escalator type hills and a fast downhill back to start. Was pretty soft at bottom of hill but nothing like Dundalk nor the trench warfare that was ALSAA a few years ago...

youngrun wrote: »
    Its very up and down, ran novice a few yrs ago . Flat start, three escalator type hills and a fast downhill back to start. Was pretty soft at bottom of hill but nothing like Dundalk nor the trench warfare that was ALSAA a few years ago...

Thank you! I'll see how my creaky hip tendons are! That's great to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I loved that Waterford IT course at the novice in 2013 - exactly how youngrun described it - the consecutive uphills felt endless and the downhill is pretty fast.

I won't say anything about running xc while carrying an injury (even if I did that day, and had a very poor run as a result)!

• Advertisement

Sacksian wrote: »
    I loved that Waterford IT course at the novice in 2013 - exactly how youngrun described it - the consecutive uphills felt endless and the downhill is pretty fast.

I won't say anything about running xc while carrying an injury (even if I did that day, and had a very poor run as a result)!

I'm not really injured -- I did a hip thing to myself in the summer and am 90% better, except for a bit of stiffness and tendonitis. Mainly I just feel it when I'm tired when running, or in Pilates, but I definitely feel it in the muckier XC races, so I'm trying to avoid them. I was fine in Raheny because it's so flat and trail-y, but I'm skipping Dunboyne's Cow Field and haven't decided about Waterford yet.

If it's pretty uphill, I might not bother -- I've been really bad at XC this year, so maybe I should finish the season on the relative high of Raheny rather than being very disappointed with myself again after Waterford ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Hoping to run the BHAA XC race in Cherryfield, have heard some good things about it;

https://bhaa.ie/2017-eir-cc/

Saturday week if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Duanington wrote: »
    Hoping to run the BHAA XC race in Cherryfield, have heard some good things about it;

https://bhaa.ie/2017-eir-cc/

Saturday week if anyone is interested

That one is on my list. Haven't run it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Entries for Leinster Inter & Masters now online if anyone's interested...

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/leinster_inter__masters__juvenile_relays_c.c_/1935/results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Entries for Leinster Inter & Masters now online if anyone's interested...

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/leinster_inter__masters__juvenile_relays_c.c_/1935/results

Should be great races if everyone turns up - men's masters includes most of the top end of a very strong Dublin masters field with some very good Leinster athletes added in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement