Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Hayes doesn't listen to Pat.....he doesn't play Dr.Hook, Smokie etc.....and its wayyy past his bedtime.....needs to be sharp for his brekkie show...

Sharp??? He's as sharp as a wilted head of lettuce!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

FanadMan wrote: »
    Nope - they still "testing" the streaming for tonight. Would say The Classics is gone

JC mentioned the Sun evening schedule earlier and didnt mention The Classics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nope - they still "testing" the streaming for tonight. Would say The Classics is gone

More money saving to pay for Hayes mistakes...they probably cut PJ,s wages too because of the lack of adverts

More money saving to pay for Hayes mistakes...they probably cut PJ,s wages too because of the lack of adverts

Just so ye know..PJ is on the Classic rock button on the nova app......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

every time lucy and colm do a rehearsed routine

• Advertisement

PJ last night..brilliant as ever ,and now 20% more tunage.....if Carlsberg did rock shows....etc....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I just was just a shop to get lunch - Ruth Scott is on. However the adverts every what felt like 20 seconds for the Colm and Lucy show made it unbearable. Then Ruth herself pipes in with did you hear the C&L Show.

Urgh not going to that shop again.

Kamili wrote: »
    I just was just a shop to get lunch - Ruth Scott is on. However the adverts every what felt like 20 seconds for the Colm and Lucy show made it unbearable. Then Ruth herself pipes in with did you hear the C&L Show.

Urgh not going to that shop again.

Name and shame....:D

PJ last night..brilliant as ever ,and now 20% more tunage.....if Carlsberg did rock shows....etc....:)

Have you listened to the Classic Rock channel on its own? Is way better than the normal channel - better music and no chat.

Have you listened to the Classic Rock channel on its own? Is way better than the normal channel - better music and no chat.

How very dare you....:P.......Lyric FM is better than the "normal" channel..

Yeah jumped in a couple of times but wasnt overly impressed..The Rock is better..but you miss the human element..PR has it all.....and they dont even mention the football much..:)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I listened to a bit of PJs replacement on Sunday - Ciaran something. Played Teen Spirit and then Beck - pretty good. He seemed a bit nervous or something.

I'll go back to Pat on the stream next Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭prunudo

How very dare you....:P.......Lyric FM is better than the "normal" channel..

Yeah jumped in a couple of times but wasnt overly impressed..The Rock is better..but you miss the human element..PR has it all.....and they dont even mention the football much..:)

Do you listen to the rock via tunein app and if so which The Rock is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I listened to a bit of PJs replacement on Sunday - Ciaran something. Played Teen Spirit and then Beck - pretty good. He seemed a bit nervous or something.

Yes Ciaran McGuinness is the presenter he was on previously on Saturday nights I enjoyed his show I wonder if this was a live show as against a pre-record hence his nervousness but a good listen all the same I enjoyed it immensely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ciaran_B wrote: »

Kieran McGuinness, singer from Delorentos.

Wasn't bad, definitely not as polished as a 'proper' DJ but some good tunes alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Kieran McGuinness, singer from Delorentos.

Wasn't bad, definitely not as polished as a 'proper' DJ but some good tunes alright.

Musicians should stick to the music and do the radio thing coming up or at retirement

Musicians should stick to the music and do the radio thing coming up or at retirement

He did ok....as FF said not polished, but then you look at the likes of practically everyone else on nova and theyre "professional" jox...so the boy did good...imo.....but not as a replacement for PJ...;)...whom he mentioned was on digital, which was nice of him..

Not including PD and GGlass...;)

He did ok....as FF said not polished, but then you look at the likes of practically everyone else on nova and theyre "professional" jox...so the boy did good...imo.....but not as a replacement for PJ...;)...whom he mentioned was on digital, which was nice of him..

Not including PD and GGlass...;)

Kim deal spilt a pint on Gavin glass's desk in NYC

Kim deal spilt a pint on Gavin glass's desk in NYC

Assume you mean a mix desk and not one from IKEA Ash....:P

Assume you mean a mix desk and not one from IKEA Ash....:P

"THEE desk" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Trebor176

• Advertisement

Or off the air altogether. ..

How can 2900 people be so naive.....it all lies...

Who's this Phil Fagan guy...is it the Dublin hospital radio one

I was one that signed it. Granted it was a few years ago when you regularly heard proper classic rock. And coming from an area where you have Highland Radio you can understand why I wanted them to broadcast nationally.

But since the upgrade of Three, I can get Nova and better (Planet Rock/8Radio/Bandit etc) online almost anywhere. Not worried about PJ going digital only or if they put JC or TA digital only cos I'll only be listening online.

As it stands, I listen to three live shows on Nova. Otherwise I listen to their digital streams or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭prunudo

Who's this Phil Fagan guy...is it the Dublin hospital radio one

Think i signed it too, would have loved a national rock/guitar based station but not the way its going now.

I was one that signed it. Granted it was a few years ago when you regularly heard proper classic rock. And coming from an area where you have Highland Radio you can understand why I wanted them to broadcast nationally.

But since the upgrade of Three, I can get Nova and better (Planet Rock/8Radio/Bandit etc) online almost anywhere. Not worried about PJ going digital only or if they put JC or TA digital only cos I'll only be listening online.

As it stands, I listen to three live shows on Nova. Otherwise I listen to their digital streams or something else.

That'll be Col and Lucy, Morty and Courtenay then.......:D:D:D

That'll be Col and Lucy, Morty and Courtenay then.......

LOL..... Yeah, I'm super cool and down with the kids too.

jvan wrote: »
    Think i signed it too, would have loved a national rock/guitar based station but not the way its going now.

somebody pointed that out to them on their facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Mostly negative comments on their page of late. I'm sure they are aware of who the culprit for dumbing down the station is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The idiot who hired Hayes

• Advertisement

seagull wrote: »
    The idiot who hired Hayes

People are getting offended...it seems..;);)

CfQ5aW0WsAATR6x.jpg

Advertisement