Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭prunudo

https://www.facebook.com/367914563666/posts/10155828833643667/

Not much love for the direction Nova is taking in the comment section.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

jvan wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/367914563666/posts/10155828833643667/

Not much love for the direction Nova is taking in the comment section.

Heard them playing Ed Sheeran today, then they said it was Keywest..??......sounded the fcuking same to me....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Think that's bad...Have you seen BBC Radio 2's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Heard them playing Ed Sheeran today, then they said it was Keywest..??......sounded the fcuking same to me....:rolleyes:

Ed made his debut on Nova at last :mad:??

Think that Nokia is affecting your hearing....!!!!:)

• Advertisement

Mmmm....better a stalker than a filty troll.....if you bothered to read more than one post you might find better stations..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Anyone listening to the Classic Rock stream at the minute? What the feck is that version of Hells Bells? Bloody dance version :(

FanadMan wrote: »
    Anyone listening to the Classic Rock stream at the minute? What the feck is that version of Hells Bells? Bloody dance version :(

Bloody hell..............:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

They are busy pushing their petition for an all-Ireland license. How hard would it be to get more votes on a petition to bin their breakfast show, and another to take their license away if they continue playing their current crap mix.

It came up on their FB feed. A cover of California Love by keywestofficial. I landed there in passing while that was on, and thought "More crap music from the morning muppets. Goodbye". Not only are they playing rubbish music, they're promoting it on their FB feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I am Nova free a whole week now... TodayFM isn't great, but it is better than hearing the morning show

seagull wrote: »
    It came up on their FB feed. A cover of California Love by keywestofficial. I landed there in passing while that was on, and thought "More crap music from the morning muppets. Goodbye". Not only are they playing rubbish music, they're promoting it on their FB feed.

Was in a shop today getting some lunch...that song came on.. i thought it was Today fm or one of those..then Scott came on raving about it...it was nova...:eek:

Are the fcuking BAI on holidays FFS...who's supposed to be protecting our ears from this sh1te....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

mloc123 wrote: »
    I am Nova free a whole week now... TodayFM isn't great, but it is better than hearing the morning show

Have the delirium tremens kicked in yet?

I think they've kicked in even more for anyone who's stuck with the morning muppets. I've not gone nova-free. I've just gone Colm&Lucy-free.

I think they've kicked in even more for anyone who's stuck with the morning muppets. I've not gone nova-free. I've just gone Colm&Lucy-free.

Nah..ya gotta kick the habit altogether...you'll thank me later....:P

Nah..ya gotta kick the habit altogether...you'll thank me later....

No need to go that far - change to the Classic Rock stream. Great music and no bants.

No need to go that far - change to the Classic Rock stream. Great music and no bants.

Yer gettin soft on me ....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Same here. Newstalk in the mornings on the way to work, back to Nova with Pat for the drive home.

It's only a matter of time now, Max. I remember us chatting about it before, Sheeran will be their new darling.

Kyle More wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time now, Max. I remember us chatting about it before, Sheeran will be their new darling.

TBH at this stage i couldnt give a flying fcuk what they do...I dont listen anymore, i catch PJ on sunday but theres absolutely nothing to get me "addicted" to the station, or is that adickhead on the station..?...anywho Hayes has made a complete mockery of the BAI and good luck to him, when someone who's so disliked by so many people can rule the roost it seems....;)

• Advertisement

TBH at this stage i couldnt give a flying fcuk what they do...I dont listen anymore, i catch PJ on sunday but theres absolutely nothing to get me "addicted" to the station, or is that adickhead on the station..?...anywho Hayes has made a complete mockery of the BAI and good luck to him, when someone who's so disliked by so many people can rule the roost it seems....;)

Yep, it's become the the very station that they once mocked in their advertising only a relatively short time ago. Hayes is going to do what he likes, regardless of what the original fan base thinks. But the big question is how will it reflect in the JNLR figures.

Yep, it's become the the very station that they once mocked in their advertising only a relatively short time ago. Hayes is going to do what he likes, regardless of what the original fan base thinks. But the big question is how will it reflect in the JNLR figures.

Again, at nova this doesnt really matter (unless theres an increase of 1 or more) ...Hayes ego cant be dented ,Branigan might whinge a bit but he's no longer in charge....when Hayes decides to play more 2pac or KeyWest ( Kanye West) theres nothing to stop him..he'll do it just to get a reaction....

Last half hour on Planet Rock....i'm dizzy from headbanging on the roof...:eek::D

Blitzkrieg Bop Ramones
    Hot For Teacher Van Halen
    American Girl Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
    Thundertruck Monster Truck
    7 O'Clock The Quireboys
    Bad Moon Rising Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Mother Danzig
    Highway Tune Greta Van Fleet

Thats 8 mega trax in half an hour....

What was on our favorite "Rock " station............:rolleyes:

Again, at nova this doesnt really matter (unless theres an increase of 1 or more) ...Hayes ego cant be dented ,Branigan might whinge a bit but he's no longer in charge....when Hayes decides to play more 2pac or KeyWest ( Kanye West) theres nothing to stop him..he'll do it just to get a reaction....

Last half hour on Planet Rock....i'm dizzy from headbanging on the roof...:eek::D

Blitzkrieg Bop Ramones
    7 O'Clock The Quireboys
    Mother Danzig

That's a serious playlist alright.

We truly are neglected on FM in this country. I'm not sure what was on our favourite rawwwk station, I left Newstalk on in the car today. Much like you, I'm drifting further away from it with each passing day. Now that the other shows and their ads keep making references to the morning show throughout the day (complete with stupid snippets of the 'best bits'), it's not even relatively safe to tune in after 10am anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Blitzkrieg Bop Ramones
    7 O'Clock The Quireboys
    Mother Danzig

Wow that's a serious set list... In other news I heard an ad for nova suggesting we may need to tune in on Saturdays to hear the breakfast shows best bits, just in case you miss it during the week.

That's a serious playlist alright.

We truly are neglected on FM in this country. I'm not sure what was on our favourite rawwwk station, I left Newstalk on in the car today. Much like you, I'm drifting further away from it with each passing day. Now that the other shows and their ads keep making references to the morning show throughout the day (complete with stupid snippets of the 'best bits'), it's not even relatively safe to tune in after 10am anymore.

Same time on novaaaa with Morty..

Beatles
    Texas
    Fleetwood Mac
    Doors
    Bob Marley

Rock-lite.......also only 5 tracks...thats almost half the time on ads and sh1t talk....there was ads and news on PR too...before anyone gets upset ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

So was flicking through the stations when I heard an Irish caller in to the station giving a travel report.....

...... in an Indian accent....

zoobizoo wrote: »
    So was flicking through the stations when I heard an Irish caller in to the station giving a travel report.....

Happens a lot - English and Aussie accents too. Not just Irish people living in Ireland :D

zoobizoo wrote: »

So how was the traffic in Delhi.....was he calling from a call centre..??tongue.png

How can we get Virgin to re instate Planet Rock on their tv service.....theres some well dodgy radio stations there that probably no-one listens to...

So how was the traffic in Delhi.....was he calling from a call centre..??tongue.png

How can we get Virgin to re instate Planet Rock on their tv service.....theres some well dodgy radio stations there that probably no-one listens to...

Get Sky or a FTA box - it's on there for free.

• Advertisement

Get Sky or a FTA box - it's on there for free.

Not changing again..the hassle..:rolleyes:

Advertisement