Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Not changing again..the hassle..:rolleyes:

If you still have a dish on the wall, just buy a cheap sky box. No need for a subscription, just plug and play. Channel 0110..... Planet Rock as long as you want. And Classic Rock on 0203.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

zoobizoo wrote: »
    So was flicking through the stations when I heard an Irish caller in to the station giving a travel report.....

...... in an Indian accent....

Hayes does all the "funny" accents now :) "oh me so saaaawee"

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ORBY73

Is Planet Rock an app ? TYIA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ORBY73 wrote: »

I've never tried to download it , i think it may be blocked for the republic..i have it on the pc....

Hayes does all the "funny" accents now :) "oh me so saaaawee"

Sure is'nt it Hayes that rings up Courtenay with all the hellarious jokes and banter ...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Sure is'nt it Hayes that rings up Courtenay with all the hellarious jokes and banter ...:rolleyes:
    So Jimmy Van Driver, isn't a van driver that Pat is friends with??? He had me going... :P

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

ORBY73 wrote: »

Planet Rock is an English rock radio station. It's what Nova started off emulating.

Is available in Ireland on Sky channel 0110. To use the player on their website, you'll need to enter a UK postcode. The app is region locked so if you are in Ireland, it won't work. I managed to download an apk for it directly and it works for me that way.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Planet Rock is an English rock radio station. It's what Nova started off emulating.

Is available in Ireland on Sky channel 0110. To use the player on their website, you'll need to enter a UK postcode. The app is region locked so if you are in Ireland, it won't work. I managed to download an apk for it directly and it works for me that way.

Which apk..??

Which apk..??

This is the one I use - if I go any newer, it geolocks.

https://apkpure.com/planet-rock/com.bauermedia.planetrock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭prunudo

And todays long and epic ending song is none other than https://youtu.be/h8IuFl3sMhk wouldn't hear that on Nova Sunday afternoon.

JC had a pop at things again earlier saying Pat James would be on tonight on the digital stream playing plenty of great songs with no banter.

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »
    And todays long and epic ending song is none other than https://youtu.be/h8IuFl3sMhk wouldn't hear that on Nova Sunday afternoon.

JC had a pop at things again earlier saying Pat James would be on tonight on the digital stream playing plenty of great songs with no banter.

But for the fact that JC ( must make Hayes feel ill ..i hope :p )is the biggest draw for nova, think he'd be gone "to digital" too...;)

That worked a treat mate...tanx...Planet rock everywhere now..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I was flicking through the stations while in the car and heard that pop, had a good long laugh.

Wonder how long it will be before The Ego digitalises JC next...

Kamili wrote: »
    I was flicking through the stations while in the car and heard that pop, had a good long laugh.

Wonder how long it will be before The Ego digitalises JC next...

Don't be surprised if Loosy gets her own spot..say lunchtime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What happened to this station? Christ, its so bad, Lucy Kennedy.. wtf? Terrible

I remember it was great about a year ago, and before that Phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Don't be surprised if Loosy gets her own spot..say lunchtime...

I'd rather listen to this...

What happened to this station? Christ, its so bad, Lucy Kennedy.. wtf? Terrible

I remember it was great about a year ago, and before that Phantom

One word...Hayes

Kamili wrote: »
    I'd rather listen to this...

Nah...this is better than the all new col and loose breakfast show.........

https://youtu.be/pZiCtnejeO4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I cannot stand Lucy's fake posh accent at all. It drives me nuts, especially first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Colm Hayes did make some reference to getting roasted over on boards.ie this morning. Not sure of the context as it is piped through the office so I only picked up on it in the background. So I assume he is well aware of the criticism here but it would seem to make absolutely no difference to him imo.

Let the haemorrhage of listeners to Planet Rock etc continue.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Colm Hayes did make some reference to getting roasted over on boards.ie this morning. Not sure of the context as it is piped through the office so I only picked up on it in the background. So I assume he is well aware of the criticism here but it would seem to make absolutely no difference to him imo.

Let the haemorrhage of listeners to Planet Rock etc continue.....

They were talking about Bruce Willis Celebrity Roast and having bants about roasting Lucy. Hayes said "Sure I'm already being roasted. Just search for me on boards.ie"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wheety wrote: »
    They were talking about Bruce Willis Celebrity Roast and having bants about roasting Lucy. Hayes said "Sure I'm already being roasted. Just search for me on boards.ie"

Its not just here, have a read of any of the comments on their fb page and there is similar negative reaction to the way the station is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Its not just here, have a read of any of the comments on their fb page and there is similar negative reaction to the way the station is going.

I saw him replying to someone on FB or Twitter. Someone said is he still on in the mornings. He replied saying "Yes!" :D

Wonder if his ego is getting bruised or does he not give a sh*t.

Wheety wrote: »
    I saw him replying to someone on FB or Twitter. Someone said is he still on in the mornings. He replied saying "Yes!" :D

Wonder if his ego is getting bruised or does he not give a sh*t.

The yellow jester does'nt give a sh1t....As the saying goes "the only bad publicity is NO publicity"....he's getting a stiffy everytime his name gets mentioned...Hayes Hayes Hayes Hayes..........:P

Did Loosey call him Mr'Doughnut head or something this morning....or was my mate dreaming...??

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Second week running no play back for PJ - Off the record just checked the nova website and its last night show with Kieran McGuinness
    which is getting transmitted even though it says - off The record. Kieran McGuinness put an excellent show of music together it was a great mixture of sounds he is a nice addition to the nova line up

No you wont get playback on PJ's show..its just another way for the the yellow jester to get a dig at Pat for being more popular and liked than he is.....;)

No you wont get playback on PJ's show..its just another way for the the yellow jester to get a dig at Pat for being more popular and liked than he is.....;)

It is working.....I'm currently listening to it ;)

It is working.....I'm currently listening to it ;)

HAH....they caved.........Nova extra.....Pat should do his own Rock news and weather....:D

I can listen to Big Country again....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

Thanks for this, bye nova! :cool:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Any data to back up your claims regarding Pat's show JNLR figures or likewise ?

Seems to be quite a niche show which I really like but has a small following and the same listener names are read out every week so I would love to know where you are getting this information from !

Advertisement