Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

Nah..that would be Mortys choice....:p

Or some Peppa Pig.. lets be honest its about right for his mental age and IQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Homer wrote: »
    Or some Peppa Pig.. lets be honest its about right for his mental age and IQ

Yeah...he's a big fan.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Unless its his own....;)......Dont think we'll hear of "his" jukebox anymore...Did'nt he sell it to Mike Moloney...:P

Sounds familiar. Back to the days when Mike was on Lite FM on a Sunday morning?

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Sounds familiar. Back to the days when Mike was on Lite FM on a Sunday morning?

RTE Gold nowadays....great to hear his voice again...quality jock..too good for the "current" nova me thinks...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

:D........you'd like that..?

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me. I dip in and out of Nova but I am not a regular listener. But I am sick of hearing about the high and almighty John Clarke like he was the second coming of christ on a radio show that went nowhere but down on a station that has never gone above 3% market share.

John was a PD, he hired and fired enough people in his day and knows how the business works. If he doesn't like the remit to which he has to adhere to he is welcome to hang up the headphones and live out the rest of his days remembering Nova of the 80s. I don't see many stations breaking down his door to offer him a gig elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Not a big fan myself..but he does know AND love music, which is so rare thesedays on "presenter" radio stations...As you say he was a PD before and who knows etc......Heres an idea ..make him PD of nova and get rid of the gob****e that is Hayes..eh Col..!!!....now theres a thought...:p

Not a big fan myself..but he does know AND love music, which is so rare thesedays on "presenter" radio stations...As you say he was a PD before and who knows etc......Heres an idea ..make him PD of nova and get rid of the gob****e that is Hayes..eh Col..!!!....now theres a thought...:p

But you know that's not going to happen either. THe daytime line up isnt going anywhere. They have been there this long and much like Clarke nobody is offering them a gig based on their music knowledge. That was, this is. Insert sponsor mention,

You commented on a different thread about what you listen to and Nova wasn't one of them so what is the continued obsession with a station that is so diluted from the original product that its about 10% of what it was and is trying to be mainstream?

Time to move on!

Its like a filty scab now...It started off great, then it caught its leg on a rusty nail and slowly got infected .......i'm waiting for someone with the right credentials to clean it up and get rid of the Hayes infection....enter Dr.Clarke..........:D

Why would someone like JC be hanging around playing stuff thats beneath him....i'll bet he cant wait to get to work on sundays...:rolleyes:

Its like a filty scab now...It started off great, then it caught its leg on a rusty nail and slowly got infected .......i'm waiting for someone with the right credentials to clean it up and get rid of the Hayes infection....enter Dr.Clarke..........:D

Why would someone like JC be hanging around playing stuff thats beneath him....i'll bet he cant wait to get to work on sundays...:rolleyes:

JC is easily in his 60s, retired and living on the fat RTE pension.

Why would he still hang around? Its a hobby, some play golf, some go drinking, some troll radio stations. By the way, 2FM was no massive runaway success with JC at the helm so I do not know what miracle you are waiting on.

Your constant barrage of abuse towards Nova, its management team, presenters and anyone that doesn't sit with your agenda is puzzling.

Why would you think the station will change? Can you not just give it up and move on to something else. Life is too short and as a famous general once said, its just radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

I did actually find it quite funny when he said on his show that "all most breakfast shows talk about nowadays is Love Island". Good one Clarkie!

• Advertisement

Including "the Colon and Loosestool show"....??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭its_steve116

AlgerShane wrote: »
    I did actually find it quite funny when he said on his show that "all most breakfast shows talk about nowadays is Love Island". Good one Clarkie!

L.I. is not what I turn on the radio for. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Including "the Colon and Loosestool show"....??????

"Colon and Loosestool"!!
    Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Fcuk me ,does Miller mention his brats EVERY day or is it just when i hear him....potty training,:rolleyes:... nobody gives a fcuk about your kids Morty..this is the way "new men" go on is it.?...we used to call them " women"...:P..

For legal reasons i cant tell you what the noise is....;)

Since my little FB spat with Morty, I only dip in once in a blue moon.

Been a couple of months since I last tuned, was in the van just after lunch and was flicking round the stations, up pops Nova....
    They'd just played Man on the Moon by REM, and Morty's first words were, "I was having a discussion with my two year old about the moon ".......bye bye Nova for another few months..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Dub Ste wrote: »

Been a couple of months since I last tuned, was in the van just after lunch and was flicking round the stations, up pops Nova....
    They'd just played Man on the Moon by REM, and Morty's first words were, "I was having a discussion with my two year old about the moon ".......bye bye Nova for another few months..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The young man in the moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

Dub Ste wrote: »

In fairness poor “filler filler Marty Miller” is just so excited that he’s managed to hold a regular slot down for this long, he loses the run of himself and his brain (use that phrase loosely) shuts down and he talks any old sh1te. I’d say junior has no bother getting to sleep every night once filler starts his bedtime stories :D

"I was having a discussion with my two year old about the moon "

Cant imagine the kid had much to say on the subject, although he probably asked if it was made of cheese...Marty had to google the answer....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

JC is easily in his 60s, retired and living on the fat RTE pension.

Why would he still hang around? Its a hobby, some play golf, some go drinking, some troll radio stations. By the way, 2FM was no massive runaway success with JC at the helm so I do not know what miracle you are waiting on.

Your constant barrage of abuse towards Nova, its management team, presenters and anyone that doesn't sit with your agenda is puzzling.

Why would you think the station will change? Can you not just give it up and move on to something else. Life is too short and as a famous general once said, its just radio!

If they didn't listen religiously, they'd have nothing to complain about. And that's basically it.

They all like Nova, they listen non-stop, but they somehow think it makes them real music fans to come on here and moan about it. Bitch about Nova, throw out some obscure band that they "should" be playing, swear that you only heard Nova by accident, then wait for the next guy to come along and tell you you're a ledge.

It's a bit odd and a little sad but ultimately harmless I suppose.

If they didn't listen religiously, they'd have nothing to complain about. And that's basically it.

They all like Nova, they listen non-stop, but they somehow think it makes them real music fans to come on here and moan about it. Bitch about Nova, throw out some obscure band that they "should" be playing, swear that you only heard Nova by accident, then wait for the next guy to come along and tell you you're a ledge.

Youre a ledge....the voice of reason..........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Elmo wrote: »
    15+ 15 - 24 15 - 34 35+
    Dublin Weekday 5% 3% 5% 5%
    Communter Weekday 5% 4% 5% 5%
    Dublin 7am - 7pm 3.70% 2.80% 3.50% 3.70%
    Communter 7am - 7PM 3.70% 3.70% 3.90% 3.60%

15+ 15 - 24 15 - 34 35+
    Dublin Weekday 5% 2% 4% 5%
    Communter Weekday 5% 3% 5% 5%
    Dublin 7am - 7pm 3.80% 1.20% 3.40% 3.90%
    Communter 7am - 7PM 3.80% 3.30% 4.50% 3.60%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They played ghost yesterday yay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Cool, which song?

Heard a couple of promo's...Something about Hayes, if he had a boss..if he had a job.....predictions maybe...:p

Cool, which song?

Dance macabre!!

Dance macabre!!

Wow...thats "some obscure" band...who'd have thought.........:p

Wow...thats "some obscure" band...who'd have thought.........:p

Sorry....what?

;)......heres another Metallica........:eek:.......:p

PD for 5 hours while i'm working on the car...life is good....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

So. Liam Quigley filling in for Colm & Lucy and Peter Devlin filling in for Marty all this week. Now here's one week to definitely tune in. Only downside is Ruth Scott in for Dee. :P

• Advertisement

AlgerShane wrote: »
    So. Liam Quigley filling in for Colm & Lucy and Peter Devlin filling in for Marty all this week. Now here's one week to definitely tune in. Only downside is Ruth Scott in for Dee. :P
    Listenership will be up this week so....Ruth for Dee....potato tomato...:)

Advertisement