Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Was warmer late morning here in Tralee dropping a bit now as the wind freshens. You can fell the air becoming less humid. Bit of mist but staying dry atm. Big tracts of dark cloud about.

Friday is looking rough and Sunday looking like it could become a memorable day if the models keep up with the current predictions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

far cooler today, almost feels cold in comparison to what we had past few days. was warm first half of the day but much cooler now and only 18C. By Friday it will be very obvious that we in Autumn and Summer is well and truly over with for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann 3 hour chart for 10pm shows a line of heavy rain roughly speaking from Waterford up towards Mullingar , latest radar shows a line of rain developing off the south coast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gonzo wrote: »
    far cooler today, almost feels cold in comparison to what we had past few days. was warm first half of the day but much cooler now and only 18C. By Friday it will be very obvious that we in Autumn and Summer is well and truly over with for another year.
    Maybe, but I'm certainly not getting the briquettes in yet!
    I think the trend of tropical air being pumped in our direction will continue next week.
    17.3c now.

ECM0-120.GIF?07-0

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Still 19.2C here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice sat pic of the low off the SW coast earlier today..

RykaD3N.jpg?1

18.7c now from 17.3c when I last posted just before 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its sweltering, 20C now up from 17c earlier, I cant sleep!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

11pm Met Eireann reports , Dublin airport , Dunsany, Casement and Phoenix Park all 20 degrees ,meanwhile Oak park and Ballyhaise reporting heavy rain.

Also a nice gust of 37 knots in Belmullet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

19 here with mad gusts torrential rain and a thunder lightening show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Nice sat pic of the low off the SW coast earlier today..

RykaD3N.jpg?1

What a monster :eek: Remnant of Gaston?

Status yellow wind warning issued for Atlantic coastal counties for tomorrow, gusts up to 100km/h

It looks like the pattern that has dominated the summer is continuing into autumn.
    On Monday rain will continue to affect west Munster, Connacht and Ulster with a continued risk of flooding and highest temperatures of 14 to 17 degrees. It will be drier, brighter and warmer to the east and south with highest temperatures of 18 to 22 degrees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It looks like the pattern that has dominated the summer is continuing into autumn.

after a dirty wet morning, turning out to be a nice sunny afternoon here now although feeling very fresh compared to what we've had most of the summer.

next week could be very unsettled at times but looks like the east is gonna get the lions share of any sunshine and warmth that's going. Could hit close to the mid 20s again in sheltered eastern areas. Unlikely to be as warm as this week tho and warmth won't hang around as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

As bad as the traffic in the capital was this morning due to the bus strike, the band of moderate to heavy rain making a bee line for Dublin (amongst other areas) is going to make this evenings rush hour truly miserable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

highdef wrote: »
    As bad as the traffic in the capital was this morning due to the bus strike, the band of moderate to heavy rain making a bee line for Dublin (amongst other areas) is going to make this evenings rush hour truly miserable :(

Get a coffee, blare the radio and think tomorrow is Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

I kinda meant more miserable for those who may have walked this morning. Gonna be a lot of soaked people this evening. I'm quite lucky with regards to city traffic as I am no in the city centre nor do I need to travel through it. Light rain looks like starting very shortly in the GDA. I'd say it will pick up in intensity before 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

highdef wrote: »
    I kinda meant more miserable for those who may have walked this morning. Gonna be a lot of soaked people this evening. I'm quite lucky with regards to city traffic as I am no in the city centre nor do I need to travel through it. Light rain looks like starting very shortly in the GDA. I'd say it will pick up in intensity before 18:00

You mentioned traffic and rush hour.

Anyway I'd say a lot who walked will have umbrellas or alternative methods of transport home. You'd hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

ukmaxtemp.png

Another scorcher next week in Southern England as more hot air spews off the near continent,Potential for 30 degrees, 18 or 19 here but plastered in rain and wind.

You always know it's going to be a hot one in England when you see the purple colours sneaking up the western coast of France.

• Advertisement

ukprec.png

:pac::pac:

Another scorcher next week in Southern England as more hot air spews off the near continent,Potential for 30 degrees, 18 or 19 here but plastered in rain and wind.

You always know it's going to be a hot one in England when you see the purple colours sneaking up the western coast of France.
    We may not be plastered in rain and wind. The forecast I watched on BBC News 24 half an hour ago said that even Sunday is uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

We may not be plastered in rain and wind. The forecast I watched on BBC News 24 half an hour ago said that even Sunday is uncertain.

Could be uncertain good or uncertain bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Billcarson

ukmaxtemp.png

Showing temps up to the mid 30s in parts france. If that chart came off,that would be crazy for mid sept for there. Well the heat can stay away from here as far as I'm concerned.

40 degrees in Southern Spain on Sunday,impressive.

and from Met Eireann regarding Sunday, "huge uncertainty ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

and from Met Eireann regarding Sunday, "huge uncertainty ?"

Who is it all so uncertain ?
    God I hope it just goes away !

their earlier forecasts were giving a very wet day countrywide for Sunday , this may not be the case , perhaps now just heavy rain and strong winds for W and NW. a further update after the 9 news according to Evelyn :)

Billcarson wrote: »
    Showing temps up to the mid 30s in parts france. If that chart came off,that would be crazy for mid sept for there. Well the heat can stay away from here as far as I'm concerned.

Don't fret,
    That it will,that it will.

• Advertisement

Wind and rain passing through fairly quickly thankfully, the Western side taking the brunt of it but could get some high gusts throughout the country.

4SazPNI.png

dTVUx5P.png

hShVSF0.png

4lzfvDJ.png?1

Advertisement