Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We have had over 25mm of rain in Castlebar in the last 12 hours, the front has been very slow moving.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

After initial heavy rain it lightened giving 14.0mm here near Tralee.
    Mild overcast humid morning , very Dull, light breeze, light rain/ drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

sun trying to come out, 21.7c.
    I wasn't expecting a day as good as this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still a bit if light rain in east galway but got none of the intense rain and when this clears we are at long last in for a run of a few dry days apparently ..........

still going here
    is it going to be ANOTHER day where the clearance never materialises

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and bright in castlebar with sunny spells and light winds

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Very humid day. Not much rain in Dublin CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Suns been popping out in Arklow on and off all afternoon
    We've got 21.4c and it feels it

Very little rain today,just a few showers really
    Quite different to the forecast in this part of the east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Raining now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some short lived very heavy rain here in the early afternoon after a drizzly morning, managed to get to 21C afterwards in some sunshine, warmer than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Raining now :D

Same here, very dark to my south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

LEIN wrote: »
    Same here, very dark to my south.

Dry and a bit foggy here in Longford this morning, after a very wet afternoon and evening yesterday.
    Love some of the things you see at this time of year though!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Quite a contrast this morning...

West of Ireland 6c (in places) atm, whereas, 21c in the London area atm.

Really nice autumnal morning in east Galway
    Bright after a foggy start
    Really really really hope the few dry days come to pass.......but now there is a mention of "thundery falls " tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely morning in West Clare, nice shallow fog patches around. Really pretty. Haven't had a morning like this in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Quite a contrast this morning...

West of Ireland 6c (in places) atm, whereas, 21c in the London area atm.

Still only 6c at Claremorris but now up to 23c in parts of SE England.....amazing contrast!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got down to 6C here in Kerry , bright still morning with a heavy dew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Lovely morning in West Clare, nice shallow fog patches around. Really pretty. Haven't had a morning like this in a while.

A beautiful morning in Galway as well. Soft Autumn sunshine and the islands on the Corrib floating in early morning mist - love it :)

Lumi wrote: »
    A beautiful morning in Galway as well. Soft Autumn sunshine and the islands on the Corrib floating in early morning mist - love it :)

Ahh, you're making me long for my few days at the connemara pony sales out in west Galway, coming up at the October bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful morning in Castlebar, sunshine and light winds. a little cloud bubbling up now but its not going to be a bad day at all :)

• Advertisement

Lovely day . Sunny and warm. I love the autumn part of winter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

33c recorded at 13:00hrs today in London Heathrow.Warmest September day in 60 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Steve F wrote: »
    33c recorded at 13:00hrs today in London Heathrow.Warmest September day in 60 years..
    This has to be the biggest difference I've ever seen between London and my location and I've seen some big differences over the years!
    At 15.7c I am actually closer to freezing point than London's current temperature.
    A difference of over 17 degrees is unbelievable from a place thats only an hour flying time away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

This has to be the biggest difference I've ever seen between London and my location and I've seen some big differences over the years!
    At 15.7c I am actually closer to freezing point than London's current temperature.
    A difference of over 17 degrees is unbelievable from a place thats only an hour flying time away.

yep i can not remember such a big difference in temp,i have friends around Manchester telling me it's one of the best summers they can remember :(
    it hasnt been very wet here in kilkenny but not very sunny either just cloudy and so humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wall to wall sunshine here in West Clare, temp is 19.1c and I'll be soon sitting outside (albeit in a sheltered area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's been a cracking day in Galway city - calm and sunny with a high of 18.9C recorded at 16:42pm

Lumi wrote: »
    It's been a cracking day in Galway city - calm and sunny with a high of 18.9C recorded at 16:42pm

I'm having dinner outside for the first time since the very start of July

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

much nicer today than originally forecast, plenty of sunshine but quite cool, only reached 18C here today. Tomorrow could reach 22 or 23C in the east, again much better than what was foretasted on Sunday for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    much nicer today than originally forecast, plenty of sunshine but quite cool, only reached 18C here today. Tomorrow could reach 22 or 23C in the east, again much better than what was foretasted on Sunday for this week.

Yeah was over racing in Laytown today and it was glorious, considering the cloudy misty type day that was forecast

• Advertisement

Yeah was over racing in Laytown today and it was glorious, considering the cloudy misty type day that was forecast

Are you a horse?
    Seen the clips on the news, it looked great there.
    We had a great sunny day here in Longford too, a beautiful sunset with a red tinge, but the forecast isn't great.

Advertisement