Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**UKCAT, HPAT + Medicine 2017 Entry**

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

Im literally the exact same as this oh god. I know I would love medicine if I did it but I know I would also love to do science and research and the likes. I'm so indecisive in general though so I'm wondering now that I know I have a good chance if this is just self sabotage? 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Doing medicine also leaves the door open for research and science. In fact I believe just this year they've introduced an academic track for intern year should you wish to pursue academia rather than clinical work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilyWhites7

I was thinking of going to study medicine abroad, could anyone who has studied medicine in Italy, or knows anyone who did , could they private message me , trying to figure out the correct procedure for it , and costs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 steven975

I have 727 altogether, what do people think are my chances of getting RCSI considering it was 724* last year? Are points expected to rise or fall under the new points system?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

steven975 wrote: »
    I have 727 altogether, what do people think are my chances of getting RCSI considering it was 724* last year? Are points expected to rise or fall under the new points system?

According to an article from the Irish Examiner first-choice CAO medicine applications increased by .5% so I'd expect a slight increase, or maybe none at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 harich56

I'd say points will change slightly with the new leaving points system too. Nobody will know for sure.

harich56 wrote: »
    I'd say points will change slightly with the new leaving points system too. Nobody will know for sure.

Yeah definitely a slight change is expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mich16J

What way does everyone think points for NUIG will go? Remain static or rise/go down?

Mich16J wrote: »
    What way does everyone think points for NUIG will go? Remain static or rise/go down?

I wouldn't say they will change too much Iike the demand is only up a slight bit from last year (0.5%) ,which is quite little. Obviously there's no way of knowing but I'd say either remain the same or up 1/2 from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilyWhites7

Anyone sitting the IMAT exam next month to study medicine in Italy? I just registered before the deadline last week. If anyone has studied over in Italy through English or knows someone who has can they PM me to help me decide on what college to put down, accommodation etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 mbh008

I got 726 in total
    I dont even know if I stand a chance at nuig anymore because of the new point system
    What do you guys think?

mbh008 wrote: »
    I got 726 in total
    I dont even know if I stand a chance at nuig anymore because of the new point system
    What do you guys think?

Like obviously nobody knows how it will go but I highly doubt NUIG will go that high like that would be a massive increase. A2's are worth less this year and a lot of people aiming for medicine will have A2s amongst their results so you just don't know but I would say you're Ina good position.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 em0192

Cannot believe I managed 601 points in the leaving wth !!! Means I have a combined score of 753 points for mondays CAO offers , could not have wished for a better result ! UCD medicine here I come lol :)
    How did everyone else get on ???

em0192 wrote: »
    Cannot believe I managed 601 points in the leaving wth !!! Means I have a combined score of 753 points for mondays CAO offers , could not have wished for a better result ! UCD medicine here I come lol :)
    How did everyone else get on ???

727 here and I need RCSI, not looking good atm. Well done!

steven975 wrote: »
    727 here and I need RCSI, not looking good atm. Well done!

You're actually in a good position for RCSI ! The minimum was 724 last year and I seriously doubt they'll go up more than 1 or 2 points !

That's a brill score , well done to you.

em0192 wrote: »
    You're actually in a good position for RCSI ! The minimum was 724 last year and I seriously doubt they'll go up more than 1 or 2 points !

That's a brill score , well done to you.

I wish I could be as optimistic but all I saw when I woke up was how hundreds more H1s were given this year. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mich16J

Does anyone think that 721will get me medicine?

"em0192 wrote: »
    I have a combined score of 753 points

Same lol 613 LC and 190 hpat :P really hope I got enough for the Nuig scholarship :P

Ponguin wrote: »
    Same lol 613 LC and 190 hpat :P really hope I got enough for the Nuig scholarship :P

Aw I'm 601 leaving cert and 193 HPAT lol
    Wishing you d best of luck with the scholarship! You surely deserve it! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Would people recommend the 5 year or 6 year medicine course? What does anyone here intend to take if you get the option?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 EllenDempsey

Alright guys who's going to NUIG ❤

Would people recommend the 5 year or 6 year medicine course? What does anyone here intend to take if you get the option?:confused:

5 for sure if I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Alright guys who's going to NUIG ❤

Me! So nice to finally hear it is official ☺️ Where do you have accommodation?

Going to nuig as well! I'm so excited

I literally know no one in Galway oh my God 😂 I'm on waiting lists atm for a few different places I'm just so nervous I'm literally going up there all alone 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DOC_Martin

Anyone get NUIG who would prefer UCC ?? PM me

Hoping for 6 year :P although i got H1's in bio and chem so idk will they throe me into the 5 year pool

Ponguin wrote: »
    Hoping for 6 year :P although i got H1's in bio and chem so idk will they throe me into the 5 year pool
    Out of curiosity, why the 6 year?
    I got a H1 in both bio and phy but I'm crossing fingers for the 5 year

Advertisement