Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**UKCAT, HPAT + Medicine 2017 Entry**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

All the best tomorrow lads, give it your all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Best of luck tomorrow lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

Best of luck tomorrow everyone. I know you all will do great. It'll be all done by 3 O'Clock, so keep looking ahead! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

Good luck everyone! See you all in June!

What did everyone make of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 em0192

What did everyone make of that?

I hated section 1 but that's always been my least favourite section anyways, I found that section 2 and 3 were more manageable but far from easy , what did you think

• Registered Users Posts: 8 abbadi

I disliked section 3 tbh I wasn't used to it as I've been studying m€sentry and it was a bit different. In section two there was a picture that I saw previously on one of the drills so that was nice , section one was weird what was up with that question about who sits beside who?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I was caught for time in section 1, if I had time it wouldn't have been bad at all but I suppose that's where the Hpat catches a lot of people.
    Section 2 and 3 were nice but I'm not going to say they were easy either.
    The worst thing about the Hpat is not having a clue how you've done after the exam!

We'll be on our nerves until the Lc is over I wish the result comes out earlier tbh then you know what you need to do for the Lc or if you need to think about new courses

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nol980

Kind of speechless, have no idea how it went. Had about 5 minutes left in section 2 for 10 questions so they were mainly guesses, along with the rest of my answers I suppose.. The one about the boys and girls sitting around the table made no sense to me :(
    Section 2 was a blur, anyone else say foreboding for the first question? And the doctor was "straightforward and candid" because I couldn't see how he was being dismissive or self-satisfied? And for the first cartoon chose the first option "empathy is a complex topic that is not easily learned" and for the other cartoon about the 2 couples in the supermarket "conviviality"? And for the woman coming to live with her mother who had terminal cancer did you say she hasn't accepted the seriousness of her mothers condition? And then that the situation will most likely escalate? I'm doubting myself already..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 leimmxvii

That was awful..
    the m€sentry course predicted my percentile will be 40 - 65..
    But I'm sanguine

nol980 wrote: »
    Kind of speechless, have no idea how it went. Had about 5 minutes left in section 2 for 10 questions so they were mainly guesses, along with the rest of my answers I suppose.. The one about the boys and girls sitting around the table made no sense to me :(
    Section 2 was a blur, anyone else say foreboding for the first question? And the doctor was "straightforward and candid" because I couldn't see how he was being dismissive or self-satisfied? And for the first cartoon chose the first option "empathy is a complex topic that is not easily learned" and for the other cartoon about the 2 couples in the supermarket "conviviality"? And for the woman coming to live with her mother who had terminal cancer did you say she hasn't accepted the seriousness of her mothers condition? And then that the situation will most likely escalate? I'm doubting myself already..
    I had all those answers for Section 2, how did you find S3?

I had all those answers for Section 2, how did you find S3?

That's a relief to hear :) S3 was ok.. was very rushed but was confident with about half of them. Several times I couldn't figure it out but looked at the options and chose the option with the most common features in the options (if that makes sense). The missing segment/transformation ones weren't easy IMO and there were a few others I didn't have the time to figure out. What did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CH1123581321

Uhh I feel sick, the more I think about it the worse it gets :,(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jamesmcsweeney

Hey Everyone

I thought S1 was slightly easier than med-entry but S2 & S3 were def harder. Particularly S2. Did anyone get the question with the two guys at practice for a play??? One kissed the other and walked off??? My friends & I were talking after the exam & nobody had a clue!

I know i'm prob not helping by asking questions about it but the bottom line is ths - When you factor in the trial questions, the research questions for Acer and the fact we're marked against each other, none of us have a clue how we did!!!!

There is def a bit of luck to this exam. I heard SOME!!!!!! people in Dublin are making their own luck though by paying Australians to sit UMAT to get questions. But no matter how you did or think you did FORGET ABOUT IT & focus on the LC.

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 em0192

leimmxvii wrote: »
    That was awful..
    the m€sentry course predicted my percentile will be 40 - 65..
    But I'm sanguine

I genuinely wouldn't rely on the m€dentry predictions , they predicted mine to be 85-95 but I still found the HPAT extremely hard today , I'm starting to doubt that m€dentry is even comparable

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

That was very middling.
    Sort of relieved, but not really because I'm straight out of this frying pan and into the fire of the orals.
    Have no idea how I did.
    Guessed at least 20 questions in total.
    To be honest I'm not expecting anything great, but I'll be equally happy with anything I've further down on my CAO

I liked most of section 1, I took it far too slowly though, so the last 4/5 qs were mostly guesses. Usually I have like 8-10 minutes at the end of S2 to check over things but I only just about got them all done. S3 was okay, baring a handful of the middle of the sequence qs (I hate those) and a few of the matrix ones.

******** predicted 75-85 anyway, I hope they're right :P

M******* predicted percentiles are a joke lads. Their exams are quite different to what we faced today. Felt section 3 in particular was worlds away from their practice exams.

Yeah they were so different than the course which is disappointing now the waiting game begins

• Advertisement

Also what on earth was that question about the Grandfather lifting the granddaughters dress, revealing her red panties and checking to see if she had wings??

They don't hold back do they lol

Consonata wrote: »
    Also what on earth was that question about the Grandfather lifting the granddaughters dress, revealing her red panties and checking to see if she had wings??

They don't hold back do they lol

Think I said she was determined to get her mum back again (not sure why but the other options didn't seem to fit?) and then the grandfather felt bewilderment I think I said? What did others say?

Think I said she was determined to get her mum back again (not sure why but the other options didn't seem to fit?) and then the grandfather felt bewilderment I think I said? What did others say?

I said that the grandfather seemed impatient for the second one, mind I have second thoughts now. The first one I can't remember though it might be the same as yourself.

Yeah I agree. It was a complete troll question as they put it smack middle of S2 too. What Answer did you put for it Consonata out of curiosity?

I think S2 became a lot like S1 in the answers where once you narrowed it down the 2 answers out of 4 options. one only gave a superficial understanding and the more obscure gave a deeper understanding of the text. If you get what I mean.

Impatient for the second question, and I can't remember what for the 1st.

Overall I found section 2 was a wee bit more difficult than previous years because instead of having 1 text that consuming would have you for 6 questions on it, they would have 1 for 2/3 questions, so you needed to consume a lot more texts to finish on time.

S1 was probably my best, followed by 2 and 3

Couldn't understand the one about the gay guy spending time with another guy and what that word beginning with T resembled... just me or did anyone else infer from the text that they were having sex?

There were a lot of true/false grid questions in section 2, something which I hadn't expected. I felt nervous saying true to something when the other 3 options had false etc.

For the LOL texting extract, did people say "indignant" and "something and unnerved"

Couldn't understand the one about the gay guy spending time with another guy and what that word beginning with T resembled... just me or did anyone else infer from the text that they were having sex?

There were a lot of true/false grid questions in section 2, something which I hadn't expected. I felt nervous saying true to something when the other 3 options had false etc.

Those T/F grids threw me alot. Because I always narrowed it down to about 2, and after that I felt it was really subjective.

For the LOL texting extract, did people say "indignant" and "something and unnerved"

Yep to both of those I think. Spent a long time pondering that last 1

Phew.. what are you all thinking of putting down after medicine? Section 1 was such b@lls that I need to put a lot of thought into plan B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bex634

Section 1 was so bad, i just can't even

Advertisement