Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Got all the way to the end of check out on scan, even as far as code from bank to confirm. Then it popped up as expired and cancelled the transaction. D'ye remember when you used be able to buy stuff?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Well that was a nightmare..i expected it as well...on 6 different sites managed to get 5800x into basket...only managed to get invoiced from scan for full amount..then scan emailed me saying "expected deliver 30th november".....god damn it

My order page said Nov 10th but tbh I'm just glad I nabbed one. Still have a few parts before my build is ready and will probably wait until the Black Friday sales just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Linus to reinforce my life decisions

Except that OP motherboard that was all me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

5600x it is - but where to get one damnit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Got order in on scan by it took ages. No idea if actual stock today was allocated as I know they oversell, as most retailers.

Hope some managed to get what they wanted and anyone also looking for 5950x and got one. WELL DONE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08166SLDF - unavailable here, but hit email me, hoping they may have some stock later? (based on absolutely nothing)

How much was it on Scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sold out on scan/amazon less than 10mins lmao. my brother is trying to get a 5600x.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My scan email says nothing about delivery date. I had it in the basket in seconds but took ages to get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

OCuk up to their old tricks. 539.99 for a 5900x, everyone else charging 509.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

.G. wrote: »
    My scan email says nothing about delivery date. I had it in the basket in seconds but took ages to get it checked out.

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Looking at the HW Canucks video, the 5600X is so close to the 5800X and 5900X it's unreal. So glad I decided to cheap out :pac:

inte-amd-i-dont-want-to-play-with-you-anymore-65913387.png

Ok, I'll just be keeping the 5600x so. No real benefit in a 5800x.

Have it in basket on pre-order for OCUK - but hesitant if they've no idea when they'll get more stock..they had a bit of a fiasco with the Nvidia stuff right?

Ok, I'll just be keeping the 5600x so. No real benefit in a 5800x.

Yeah there's really not, the markups on it are RIDICULOOOS

Looking HW Unboxed, no point in overclocking for gaming as you hurt the single core performance which is just over 5GHz on the 5950X :eek:

Slightly lower thermals for Zen 3 also.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

As impressive as these CPU's look as a 3700X owner who primarily games at 1440P looking at all the benchmarks so far there is zero reason for me to consider upgrading at this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Shlippery wrote: »
    How much was it on Scan?

£279.99 before delivery.

Got emails to say order placed and payment authorised so waiting to be picked now.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    £279.99 before delivery.

Got emails to say order placed and payment authorised so waiting to be picked now.

Nice, I'm tempted by their bundles that are supposedly 'in stock' as I need a motherboard too..hoping their live chat could confirm if they set stock aside for these but i'm placed 99 in q!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Damn these meetings, I missed out.
    Anyone knows where I can get a CPU?

just finished steve's review....this is some serious domination than what we have seen during AMD announcement....intel is already dead, stop beating the dead horse lol
    Azza wrote: »
    As impressive as these CPU's look as a 3700X owner who primarily games at 1440P looking at all the benchmarks so far there is zero reason for me to consider upgrading at this time.

ah same, i think we knew, most people who bought 3000 series don't expect to upgrade just yet. maybe ill go 5600x after 1 year when price dropped.

Im confused

531878.PNG

531879.PNG

SSF enthusiasts - ye it is official now

Looking HW Unboxed, no point in overclocking for gaming as you hurt the single core performance which is just over 5GHz on the 5950X :eek:

Slightly lower thermals for Zen 3 also.

And power draw according to LTT.

What has really suprised me is cross CCX (CCD) communication doesn't seem to be an issue for the 5900X and 5950X. I wonder if the higher clock speeds are helping?

What has really suprised me is cross CCX (CCD) communication doesn't seem to be an issue for the 5900X and 5950X. I wonder if the higher clock speeds are helping?

On the old CCX only 2 cores could work together without a latency right?

531882.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Overheal wrote: »
    On the old CCX only 2 cores could work together without a latency right?

4 cores. You can even see the 4 cores in that picture.

Now 8 cores can.

Advertisement