Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

They are in Celbridge
    .G. wrote: »
    It said "in stock" when I checked and now it says it isn't. I don't expect them to be holding them on site to be honest, much like Elara don't, they are a middle man essentially but being able to deliver in 6 days is a lot quicker than anyone else right now but but it doesn't even say that anymore so someone bought what they had.
    They seem to have changed the site wording since the last time I cared but I saw it saying "in stock" but the fine detail was "delivered in 6 days" whereas if you look at the list of cpu's you will see some are 2 days, some 6 and some 9. I suspect the "2 days" is what they have in their own stock. I've previously bought (seperate times, once in their old location and once at the new one) both ram and a cpu by driving over to them to pick up things which were really in stock as opposed to what I presume is stock at their supplier they can order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

There's loads in your post I can't make head nor tail of because formatting has gone weird, The point is they had one for sale which you could buy and get within a week. I don't care if they actually had it in their premises or not, small retailers won't usually, they'll order it elsewhere an send it on, like I said, middlemen.

They had one for sale at ridiculous price and now they don't so someone paid that price. Fair enough, whoever did has the money and doesn't care. I wouldn't pay it that's why I put it here, maybe someone else would and good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

I'm too lazy to try and fix the formatting again cause I just did and boards is butchering it again despite the preview looking fine ;)

The point is they do hold stock of a fair amount of stuff, you can tell from the site what it is and that wasn't something they actually had. For what they don't hold I'd bet they simply take feeds from suppliers and put on an automatic margin so what happened is a supplier had one (or many) and listed them for a horrible price and memoryc automatically offered them on based on that price. I'm betting the supplier sold it elsewhere or did something else with it rather than anyone paying memoryc specifically that money.

My main point is memoryc do both the middleman routine and actually have stuff on premises and this was a middleman offer so I'm sure nobody their explicitly set the price to gouge. They saved my sanity twice by actually having things I needed I could collect on the spot which is the only reason I'm kinda sticking up for them a little.

I've used them many times myself and found them to be great, just thought that was a sh!tty price but someone paid it so it is what it is. As you say maybe it was something they didn't have control over.

On launch day they had a 5800x for RRP and I passed it over thinking I had a 5900x from Scan secured. raging now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

lpw wrote: »
    So does anyone have a sense of what will happen if brexit goes badly? I've an order with overclockers and didn't mind waiting --
    I'm three hundred and something in line for one that I hope I wont be regretting price wise if there are expensive tariffs or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

232 ryzen 9 5950x's due in the next day or two into scan.
    No other SKU's incoming this week according to scan support

Shambles. As above, can leave the order in place until late December but if no deal brexit happens it'll have to be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

My 5600x ordered from Amazon.com on 5/11 Shipped yesterday morning. UPS tracking says its been exported and in transit this morning so i hope for delivery in a day or 2.

Mech1 wrote: »
    My 5600x ordered from Amazon.com on 5/11 Shipped yesterday morning. UPS tracking says its been exported and in transit this morning so i hope for delivery in a day or 2.

I am presuming you are in ireland..would it not have been expensive to have that shipped to ireland from the states with the import fee added?
    as far as i remember i tried ordering something from amazon.com years ago and they wanted to charge me 90 dollars import fee.then i got hit by customs as well for a fee on top of that

Works out at €335 all fees included, if it slips through I get the fees refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://valid.x86.fr/gf4035

Another day, another OC.

Managed to get IF to 1900MHz & RAM to 3800 MHz CL 16-19-16-36-60-1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Queue position down to 92 from 93 on the 5950x from Scan. Indicates stock expected on the 20th. So long as their incoming delivery doesn't turn out to be 3950x's hopefully I'll finally be able to use the new system next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Fingers crossed just got a 5950x from awd-it as part of a motherboard bundle. I have an MSI X570 Gaming Plus that I originally was going to keep but it's rated as one of the weakest x570s, the new bundle has an Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming so while more than I intended it is another upgrade factor at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Fingers crossed just got a 5950x from awd-it as part of a motherboard bundle. I have an MSI X570 Gaming Plus that I originally was going to keep but it's rated as one of the weakest x570s, the new bundle has an Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming so while more than I intended it is another upgrade factor at least.

Yeah, looks like they've got a bunch of bundles worth the 5950x available at the minute. Little bit too rich for my blood, probably get a 5800/5900

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Fingers crossed just got a 5950x from awd-it as part of a motherboard bundle.

I bought one of these bundles on Nov 6th. Order is still "Processing".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

JoyPad wrote: »
    I bought one of these bundles on Nov 6th. Order is still "Processing".

NoOoOOOOoooOOOOoOOOOooooOOOo.....er....oOOooOOOOooooooo..

I'll give them til friday then if no movement it's on to cancelville.

My new processor is "out for delivery" !

UPS done a great job, it left USA very early yesterday morning for Germany, left Germany early this morning for Dublin and is now on a van to be delivered today.

NoOoOOOOoooOOOOoOOOOooooOOOo.....er....oOOooOOOOooooooo..

I'll give them til friday then if no movement it's on to cancelville.

My bundle is shipped via DPD!
    They might not be great at communicating things, but they do move the merch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

JoyPad wrote: »
    Sorry, I was referring to Scan's posted waiting lists for Ryzen CPUs.
    I ordered a bundle from Scan, and I wonder if/when they would post information on the waiting for those, and how the stock for bundles might have been set aside ahead of time, or how do they manage that?

So far, I have the order awaiting picking, and no further communication. I spoke to Scan Support on the webchat, and they said they have no visibility into 3XS side of the business. And 3XS does not have a chat, so I sent them an email and I'm waiting for a reply.

Just wondering if you ever heard anything back about stock? Or have you got your order?

Looking to go with one of these bundles and just hoping that stock is set aside for 3XS

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you ever heard anything back about stock? Or have you got your order?

Looking to go with one of these bundles and just hoping that stock is set aside for 3XS

Scan shipped the bundle on Nov 12th, and I should have it (finally) today, after Parcel Wizard bungled the delivery. Parcel arrived in Dublin on Monday, but traveled to the wrong depot, so they sent it back to the central depot on Tuesday, and it's out for delivery today.

If Scan has a bundle "in stock", that means they have all the parts. If it says "pre-order", then one or more parts are definitely not available. When I ordered, it was "in stock", so the delay was caused by (a) too many orders and (b) takes a while to build and test the bundle.

• Advertisement

Delivered, and looking good, now to swap it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Delivered, and looking good, now to swap it out.

That seems crazy efficient from Amazon US - any customs fees in the end? I've always avoided it as I thought it'd be far more hassle than ordering from Amazon EU.

No extra fees, €335 all in. don't know yet if it slipped through without fees or not, if so amazon refund them.

No extra fees, €335 all in. don't know yet if it slipped through without fees or not, if so amazon refund them.
    I have never heard of this happening before...if that was the case everyone here would be buying electronic parts from amazon.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

They 100% do not do this, you just got lucky here. :)

No they estimate fees before charging you, then pay any extra over the estimate themselves or refund if lower than estimate.
    It's all there in the terms and conditions if you check.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I imagine it would be a pain for any warranty issues though. I've bought stuff from Amazon's European sites and they will refund postage if you need to send something back to them but they could be reluctant to do that to the US from here. Chances of needing to send back a CPU are slim I suppose so still worth it.

HaHa im top in Ireland with my setup!!! and 42nd in the world.

[IMG][/img]50616862158_57ff9af93a_c.jpg3dmark by Pat Bell, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

HaHa im top in Ireland with my setup!!! and 42nd in the world.

[IMG][/img]50616862158_57ff9af93a_c.jpg3dmark by Pat Bell, on Flickr

Looks at my empty 5600X box, looks at the no.1 in Ireland score with the same GPU.

Co... I mean well done!

• Advertisement

Thats the tracking results page, Great service. But still hasnt updated to delivered. Not that I care.

[IMG][/img]50617801492_1b6d327d28_c.jpgtracking by Pat Bell, on Flickr

Advertisement