Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Zen Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Scan taking the absolute piss now with the 5600x orders..minute chance of stock on the 7th but more likely to be the 14th december according to the email i got from support earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Oh and I'm not into overclocking so those results where just a quick sh1t in the forest as a test, I'm back to stock speeds now.

I'm only using a Wraith prism cooler so I'm not gonna push it.

So if i dont build around my now spare R5 3600xt, whats it worth on Adverts.ie? Bought from Amazon uk on 8/10/2020 @ £226

Return is available until 31/1/21 but I would rather someone got it that needs a little discount.

Nothing decided yet just putting the feelers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm in position 1 in the world for my setup. 3700X and 5700 XT in the Timespy benchmark.

I was number 15 in the world for graphics score with a 5700 XT but have since dropped to 17th position.

533355.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm in position 1 in the world for my setup. 3700X and 5700 XT in the Timespy benchmark.

I was number 15 in the world for graphics score with a 5700 XT but have since dropped to 17th position.

533355.jpg

What sort of cooling are you using? I just tried a setting on youtube and got those results, then straight back to stock, im a newbie to this.

And Afterburner wont let me push the graphics to the levels your using, it defaults lower without letting me set the same as you.

Mech1 wrote: »
    What sort of cooling are you using? I just tried a setting on youtube and got those results, then straight back to stock, im a newbie to this.

The 5700 XT is a reference model with the stock blower cooler so if I had a decent cooling setup I would be able to do a lot better. CPU cooler is just a cheap tower cooler like a cooler master 210(roughly the same size as that model) So not a big cooler.

The 5700 XT is a reference model with the stock blower cooler so if I had a decent cooling setup I would be able to do a lot better. CPU cooler is just a cheap tower cooler like a cooler master 210(roughly the same size as that model) So not a big cooler.

Ok so give me some tips, pm works as we are dragging this thread off topic.
    Thanks.

Ok so give me some tips, pm works as we are dragging this thread off topic.
    Thanks.

PM sent. I want my post count to reach 10,000 so this pointless post telling about the PM sent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

My 5950x arrived 2 days ago. Ordered bundle from awd-it day after launch. Took a while as they have to flash motherboards before shipping. So it adds a few days before shipping.

I wasnt going to be hopeful I would find a water block in stock in time for my 3080, but took a chance and ordered bitspower one. Surprised they shipped it with FedEx priority and it will arrive Friday, will be putting card under water and installing the 5950x

Will be a fun day..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

So if i dont build around my now spare R5 3600xt, whats it worth on Adverts.ie? Bought from Amazon uk on 8/10/2020 @ £226

Return is available until 31/1/21 but I would rather someone got it that needs a little discount.

Nothing decided yet just putting the feelers out.

I would be interested if there was a reasonable discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Thor wrote: »
    Will be a fun day..

Famous last words...
    My son's Scan bundle arrived yesterday. I started building around 5:30pm and finished around 9:30pm. This morning, I can barely move, with pain in my back and legs. Fun, you say?

533387.jpg

Here's what's inside:

Fractal Design Define 7
    Corsair RM850X
    ASUS RoG Strix X570-F
    Ryzen 9 5950X
    Corsair H100i RGB
    Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz RGB
    MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio
    Samsung 980 Pro 500Gb PCIe 4.0 SSD (boot drive)
    Crucial P5 1Tb PCIe 3.0 SSD
    Crucial MX500 1Tb SATA SSD (from old PC)
    Seagate Barracuda 2Tb SATA HDD (from old PC)
    2x ASUS Addressable RGB LED Strips

I knew he wanted to keep the green theme (his previous PC was nicknamed The Green Monster), and this one will be nicknamed Envy.

Timespy 17762 (Graphics: 18748, CPU: 13684). I'm sure it can do better, this was using the "quiet" profile.

UPDATE: Timespy 18764 (Graphics: 20093, CPU: 13650) just by setting a slightly more aggressive curve on the GPU fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

JoyPad wrote: »
    Famous last words...
    My son's Scan bundle arrived yesterday. I started building around 5:30pm and finished around 9:30pm. This morning, I can barely move, with pain in my back and legs. Fun, you say?

533387.jpg

Here's what's inside:

Fractal Design Define 7
    Corsair RM850X
    ASUS RoG Strix X570-F
    Ryzen 9 5950X
    Corsair H100i RGB
    MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio
    Samsung 980 Pro 500Gb PCIe 4.0 SSD (boot drive)
    Crucial P5 1Tb PCIe 3.0 SSD
    Crucial MX500 1Tb SATA SSD (from old PC)
    Seagate Barracuda 2Tb SATA HDD (from old PC)
    2x ASUS Addressable RGB LED Strips

I knew he wanted to keep the green theme (his previous PC was nicknamed The Green Monster), and this one will be nicknamed Envy.

Timespy 17762 (Graphics: 18748, CPU: 13684). I'm sure it can do better, this was using the "quiet" profile.

I'm feeling a bit green with envy myself looking at that.

A fine machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I thought i was mental spending 2k on parts for my sons machine...dont feel so bad now!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Famous last words...

Are you interested in adopting a 35 year old?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

...I started building around 5:30pm and finished around 9:30pm...

And that's why I'm waiting until the weekend before starting mine, I know it's going to take me ages. :pac:

Beastly spec on yours, nice!

Why did you cheap out on the RAM. I assumed everyone knew to get at least 3600MHz RAM.

I know you can overclock it yourself but it is much easier to set XMP @ 3600 Cl16,16,16,36,53 1T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Why did you cheap out on the RAM. I assumed everyone knew to get at least 3600MHz RAM.

I know you can overclock it yourself but it is much easier to set XMP @ 3600 Cl16,16,16,36,53 1T.

I bought a bundle from Scan, with CPU+Mobo+RAM+Cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Scan taking the absolute piss now with the 5600x orders..minute chance of stock on the 7th but more likely to be the 14th december according to the email i got from support earlier

They are popping up on and off on the various Amazon domains a few times daily. Those and the 5800x. The 5900x hasn't popped up once anywhere in any alert I've set up. I don't think it exists!

Three delivery's of it due scan before the end of the year and I'm 843 on their list. Don't think I'll be getting one before brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

I managed to bag a 5800x as part of an X570 motherboard bundle. I’m doing a new build anyway so works for me. I will be selling on the RAM and cheapo water cooler that comes with it though. I’ve got 32 GB better RAM ready to go and have ordered the other components I need. Best of all I got 7% discount through my job.

Getting delivered Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

My 5600x just shipped from Amazon

was getting worried as it was dispatching for over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Got a nice surprise today:

533570.jpg

Pity it is going to sit on a shelf for over a month.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Got a nice surprise today:

533570.jpg

Pity it is going to sit on a shelf for over a month.

First time I seen one boxed. Since no cooler I assumed it would be in a tiny box. Did you open it yet? What's inside that it needs such a large box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No I haven't opened it, it's a Christmas present.

There is a little window on the side of the box so you can see the processor.

They could of put them in something the size of a cigarette packet, but I guess that would make them too easy to steal!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Just got a 5800x from Amazon DE using Mailbox DE as shipping address. I'll be taking a video of me opening the box this time!

Hope I don't have it until January though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Unless things pick up in the next five weeks or so it looks like I'll be caught for duty payments etc. judging by the emails I've got from OverclockersUK

1st Email 13 Nov
    Thank you for your pre-order for the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X Sixteen Core 4.9GHz (Socket AM4) Processor bla bla bla........
    You are currently in queue position 397. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

2nd email 20 Nov
    you are currently in queue position 377. Please keep checking.......

I already overpaid a bit for this, wonder should I cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Do-more wrote: »
    No I haven't opened it, it's a Christmas present.

There is a little window on the side of the box so you can see the processor.

They could of put them in something the size of a cigarette packet, but I guess that would make them too easy to steal!

Lets not mention processors being stolen... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Lets not mention processors being stolen... :pac:

It looks that the same happens with Ps5, mostly coming from Amazon. Presumably a lot of temp staff tempted by quick buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Just got a 5800x from Amazon DE using Mailbox DE as shipping address. I'll be taking a video of me opening the box this time!

Hope I don't have it until January though!

Did you get a refund, do you mind me asking?

Advertisement