Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman shot dead in Majorca??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

Tilly wrote: »
    This eejit again!! He was as informing as the redtops.

Very accurate info he/she had at the time very interesting than any redtop shouldnt be dismissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Buckingham st runs from summerhill down to amiens st,opposite connolly station.Sherriffer and the ifsc are on the far side of the station,not a million miles away on foot.

Yet they're still worlds apart in a lot of ways - the smart suits and briefcases and sushi and whatnot in the IFSC, vs. the tracksuits, cider cans, heroin, pitbulls, neck tattoos etc. around Buckingham St. and the surrounding area!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jaysus Costa calma to Buckingham street in only 8 pages, bolt couldn't go that fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Yet they're still worlds apart in a lot of ways - the smart suits and briefcases and sushi and whatnot in the IFSC, vs. the tracksuits, cider cans, heroin, pitbulls, neck tattoos etc. around Buckingham St. and the surrounding area!

True enough i suppose,i did stumble across a murder scene whilst working down there one night though,outside the centra shop.Fella from sherriffer,turned out i knew the chap.Im originally from summerhill don't like neck tatoos,pitbulls or heroin.I have drank cans of cider down there as recently as July ill confess though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

I can't stop thinking about that poor man that got killed I feel so sorry for his family it's just devastating! These scumbags need to be locked away for life

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Why wont the Kinahan's think of the children ? Waiting for that Headline

chillin117 wrote: »
    Why wont the Kinahan's think of the children ? Waiting for that Headline

They need to be stopped the crumlin scum need to be taken off the streets they're murdering scum. They have destroyed so many families and drive around is their big swanky cars.. Praying someone puts an end to that evil!!!

honey12345 wrote: »
    They need to be stopped the crumlin scum need to be taken off the streets they're murdering scum. They have destroyed so many families and drive around is their big swanky cars.. Praying someone puts an end to that evil!!!
    Are most of the Crumlin squad not abroad ? Who is still in Crumlin ? Must be low level runners ? No ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'm really gutted an innocent man has been killed in this shooting.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this dreadful time.

How many times has that been said in the last few months ?

• Advertisement

Me too :( i am truly so sad I feel for his family so much can't imagine what they're going through

honey12345 wrote: »
    Me too :( i am truly so sad I feel for his family so much can't imagine what they're going through

The poor kids hopefully they will get all the help they need and find strength

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

Are most of the Crumlin squad not abroad ? Who is still in Crumlin ? Must be low level runners ? No ?
    I wonder why there's armed checkpoints outside a certain house in Crumlin all the time, is he there or is it family?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the zept

Family home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The intrcicities of it run much deeper than that,it was originally touted in the rags that it was it was northside v southside....but thats not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

shane. wrote: »
    I wonder why there's armed checkpoints outside a certain house in Crumlin all the time, is he there or is it family?

It would be much appreciated if the Garda stopped wasting valuable resources protecting that particular house of that absolute scumbag. Dublin would likely end up safer because of it.

The problem is someone would take his place . Maybe freddie they are related

FalconGirl wrote: »
    It would be much appreciated if the Garda stopped wasting valuable resources protecting that particular house of that absolute scumbag. Dublin would likely end up safer because of it.

AGS cannot stand by when there are credible threats.
    They would be lambasted if they did, even if it were a top dog who deserved no sympathy.

As said there will always be another ready to step in and take their place.

True

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The issue isn't the Gardai protecting gangland criminals, it's that they're free to be protected. Anyone involved in this sh!te should face twenty plus years behind bars if convicted.

I think the intersection of Sheriff Street and Oriel Street is another "hot spot", been driving that route into town regularly over the last couple of months and I've gotten unnervingly familiar with seeing Gardai hanging around with machine guns on one of the corners of that crossroads.

Why don't these guys ever get more than just a couple of years? They should be put away for so long that their whole network of contacts is so outdated by the time of their release that they have no realistic chance of starting up another criminal enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

AGS cannot stand by when there are credible threats.
    They would be lambasted if they did, even if it were a top dog who deserved no sympathy.

As said there will always be another ready to step in and take their place.

It's personal for this psychopath. He won't stop until many more are killed. The lesser of two evils would be for the Guards to step back from protecting his fort in my opinion.

I honestly think this guy is on a different level of danger and is gone on his own spree over the last few months. Doubt any of the last few murders since the regency attack have been sanctioned by the Kinihans themselves senior or junior.

Innocent family men with nothing to do with gangland have been killed ffs. It's despicable.

It's personal for this psychopath. He won't stop until many more are killed. The lesser of two evils would be for the Guards to step back from protecting his fort in my opinion.

I honestly think this guy is on a different level of danger and is gone on his own spree over the last few months. Doubt any of the last few murders since the regency attack have been sanctioned by the Kinihans.

Innocent family men with nothing to do with gangland have been killed ffs. It's despicable.
    I understand but you are not suggesting he is a one man army killing all in his path? Without any help from pond scum?
    Do you honestly think his ruthlessness will die with him?
    His minions are already causing havoc everywhere are they not?

I wish it were that simple to kill one man and end an entire breed of criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Meanwhile the innocent father and husband, who was on a simple Summer holiday is still dead. What a few weeks for this seemingly simple little country. We export our gangland crime at one end in Spain and then at the other end we export our Corporate crime in Brazil.

There really is absolutely no interest from the state in addressing anything. Its almost like it wants crime..oh wait I forgot. Crime pays...for the legal system, judiciary etc etc. Obviously the ordinary Trevor O'Neill from DCC isn't as important as Veronica Guerin. Personally I think he is more important, because he had feck all to do with anything in gangland/crime etc. No movies about Trevor, his kids or missus and the devastation left behind.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Meanwhile the innocent father and husband, who was on a simple Summer holiday is still dead. What a few weeks for this seemingly simple little country. We export our gangland crime at one end in Spain and then at the other end we export our Corporate crime in Brazil.

There really is absolutely no interest from the state in addressing anything. Its almost like it wants crime..oh wait I forgot. Crime pays...for the legal system, judiciary etc etc. Obviously the ordinary Trevor O'Neill from DCC isn't as important as Veronica Guerin. Personally I think he is more important, because he had feck all to do with anything in gangland/crime etc. No movies about Trevor, his kids or missus and the devastation left behind.

There should be more pressure put on the government to end this ASAP and put these scumbags behind bars if there was a March organised I would defintley be there! It's only a matter of time before something else happens does an innocent child have to be shot for the government to Step up!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

The shooting of an Irishman in Costa de la Calma on Wednesday night has been met with horror and also conflicting explanations.

Trevor O'Neill, 40, from Dublin was shot in the back shortly after 9pm. The Guardia Civil are saying that he was not with his wife and family at the time, but reports, especially from the Irish media, are insisting that he was.

The Guardia are also doubting that the shooting was a case of mistaken identity.

The hooded killer (and it hasn't been clarified if there was one acting alone or one with two accomplices) would have been sent specifically to carry out a professional hit. This is what the Guardia seem to believe. If so, they doubt that Mr O'Neill was the wrong man.

http://majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2016/08/18/44994/family-deny-that-murdered-irishman-was-involved-gangland-crime.html

It seems the Spanish police have a different angle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Grandeeod wrote: »

Now I'm not a fan of Bob Geldof, but I do think he hit the nail on the head many years ago when he called us a Banana Republic. Nothing much has changed since he first sung those words. Now we've had a typical Irish response with plenty of superficial tokenism & grandstanding. But there has been nothing genuinely aimed at removing the privileged power cliques, their corruption and other criminal scum from operating above the law in this little country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

You really are on your own in this country.

There is not a lot of help you can get and it is rely on yourself to protect you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

The shooting of an Irishman in Costa de la Calma on Wednesday night has been met with horror and also conflicting explanations.

Trevor O'Neill, 40, from Dublin was shot in the back shortly after 9pm. The Guardia Civil are saying that he was not with his wife and family at the time, but reports, especially from the Irish media, are insisting that he was.

The Guardia are also doubting that the shooting was a case of mistaken identity.

The hooded killer (and it hasn't been clarified if there was one acting alone or one with two accomplices) would have been sent specifically to carry out a professional hit. This is what the Guardia seem to believe. If so, they doubt that Mr O'Neill was the wrong man.

http://majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2016/08/18/44994/family-deny-that-murdered-irishman-was-involved-gangland-crime.html

It seems the Spanish police have a different angle ?

Far better for Spanish police and Spanish tourism if it is a gangland hit.
    Far better than the alternative, innocent tourist gets murdered in front of family.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Interesting to note the rte 6 news had this as the headline, but were very scant on more details.
    No further reports / analysis etc...

• Advertisement

Sorry to move off topic .but see a gang dug up a grave of willie maughan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement