Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman shot dead in Majorca??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

arayess wrote: »
    what nonsense are spouting?
    the minister was going to Rio anyway as minister for SPORT - the tickets are not the reason for his visit.

Is the Olympics over ? why is he back and getting a retired judge for a ticket enquiry ?

SPORTS MINISTER SHANE Ross is on his way to Brazil today to meet with Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI) President, Pat Hickey.

The number one item on the agenda is to discuss just what is going on with the Olympic Games tickets controversy.
    https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjBupyDhM7OAhVLfxoKHWneDNEQFggoMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejournal.ie%2Fshane-ross-olympics-tickets-2927399-Aug2016%2F&usg=AFQjCNFm0i3ojR0FITRyp-EYDGmZYDpLrA

Anyway that's getting away from the point I making that if it were more so called more important people getting murdered there be up roar,if Gardaí wanted they could arrest and rearrest and keep the main players in Dublin for week after week until one of them or there little minions breaks.

In 2000 the limerick feud kicked of and the dundons joined in in 2003 ?It ended in around 2010/2 That's 10 years of murders including the totally innocent folks caught up in it.
    Have the powers that be not learned anything from them or will they wait till another Roy Collins steps up to bring pressure on the in government,Nothing but a huge planned joint launch against the gangs involved will stop this, if only for a while, like they did against John gilligan https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiU2Mryjs7OAhVCOxoKHVaQDDsQFggfMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FJohn_Gilligan_(Irish_criminal)&usg=AFQjCNE045NdM-jP1dwMyGyqJoQDF126NA&bvm=bv.129759880,d.d2s

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiD1fb2jc7OAhUCrxoKHdAmCjoQFggoMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fcrime-and-law%2Ften-year-nightmare-over-after-two-men-jailed-for-murder-of-roy-collins-1.1867031&usg=AFQjCNFzXzgtRPGy8vw6SZ6vXRS9LiLFVw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Is the Olympics over ? why is he back and getting a retired judge for a ticket enquiry ?

SPORTS MINISTER SHANE Ross is on his way to Brazil today to meet with Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI) President, Pat Hickey.

The number one item on the agenda is to discuss just what is going on with the Olympic Games tickets controversy.
    https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjBupyDhM7OAhVLfxoKHWneDNEQFggoMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejournal.ie%2Fshane-ross-olympics-tickets-2927399-Aug2016%2F&usg=AFQjCNFm0i3ojR0FITRyp-EYDGmZYDpLrA

Anyway that's getting away from the point I making that if it were more so called more important people getting murdered there be up roar,if Gardaí wanted they could arrest and rearrest and keep the main players in Dublin for week after week until one of them or there little minions breaks.
    he is back now cos he has things to deal with.

they cant arrest and re-arrest without due cause "knowing stuff" isn't enough and rightly so cos it's the cartel this week and somebody innocent next week.
    It's just garda harassment and we've had plenty of that in donegal already without introducing it to the rest of the nation
    it doesn't work.

the brits knew the birmingham 6 were innocent...and look how that turned out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

they cant arrest and re-arrest without due cause "knowing stuff" isn't enough and rightly so cos it's the cartel this week and somebody innocent next week.
    It's just garda harassment and we've had plenty of that in donegal already without introducing it to the rest of the nation
    it doesn't work.

And once again back in the real world, Trevor O'Neill's partner and kids had to sit on the same flight back to Dublin with the intended target. I hope they find some kind of peace, because they will never find justice.

it doesn't work.

Granted the Garda can **** up just like the Brits ****ed up, but for the most part they do a fine job as with the limited resources they have, you cant keep saying ah well there was corruption etc in Donegal so that's that then or the midlands police in uk were corrupt so throw in the towel.

They broke up and sent to prison many members of Martin Cahill gang from in your face harassment and 24/7 surveillance.
    They broke up and sent to prison most of John Gilligan's gang from harassment and 24/7 surveillance.
    They broke up and sent to prison most of the dundons/mccartys in limerick from 24/7 harassment and surveillance.

They have dissidents leaking like a burst pipe and they cant move without getting arrested.

The surveillance and electronic tracking of gangs is even more easier now with todays devices.

They could if the will was there do the same to the Costas and monks as there businesses is still thriving (especially Costas)and many of there underlings are still in Ireland doing there work.

Its a bit of embarrassment that the Costas don't fear the consequence of the state, They should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And once again back in the real world, Trevor O'Neill's partner and kids had to sit on the same flight back to Dublin with the intended target. I hope they find some kind of peace, because they will never find justice.

So what that they got the same flight?

Tilly wrote: »
    So what that they got the same flight?

Don't think I would like to be on the same flight as the intended target of a gangland killing in which my partner was innocently murdered instead of him :confused:

Can you not see that :confused: Its not as if there is just weekly flights out of palma, they could have easily had them on separate flights its not if they were friends ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Grandeeod wrote: »

Who said they are on the same flight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

Who said they are on the same flight?

They were on the same flight back from Majorca, I suppose it was the first available flight out of there for both of them wanting to leave ASAP.

The O'Neil family didn't necessarily have to know Jonathon Hutch was on the same flight.

I really don't see the problem with an innocent man being on the same flight back to Dublin as an innocent victims family, he didn't set up Trevor O'Neil or could have foreseen what was going to happen, and he was very unlikely to tell anybody who he was and why he was there, considering he was keeping a low profile.

I wonder who the person bragging was, if he was heard bragging then somebody should know if he had an Irish accent or not, a description, and very possibly CCTV, if that story is true it should be fairly easy to catch him.

A concerned Dubliner has written a passionate letter to the Sunday World pleading for the Kinahan gang to end their bloody war on the Hutch family.
    The writer, who wished to remain anonymous, describes themselves as a resident of Dublin 12,

'We all know you, we've grown up in fear of your name, in awe of your money and power. Drugs ruined us in the 80s and we ran the dealers out. You did your business quietly and to our eternal fault we let you.

'When David was killed, we for the most part understood, he was family and it was wrong. But a line has been crossed, we are human, we are decent and we care for our own.

'Perhaps this is why we indulged your grief for David, but now we grieve. We grieve for Trevor O'Neill. We grieve for his partner Suzanne. We grieve for his children. We grieve for a time when we could innocently talk to another Irishman abroad without fear his surname was a death sentence.

'While Trevor may not have been the intended target, if we consider the person who was, what was his crime? Being a Hutch? Having the wrong surname? Well his partner and his children, they're ours too so hands (guns) off.

'We tell you now that we will take no more. Trevor more than being one of us was all of us. The average man who worked hard and loved his family. He was good, he was funny, he was kind and in ending his life you ended our tolerance. End this, end it now because there are more of us ordinary decent people than there are of you.

'We are your neighbours, we are the parents at the school gates, we have no faces but we know yours and we want peace.

'Trust us,you do too.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Majorca is a small enough island , and to be able to rob 2 cars , hide them and then burn them out and get away with this crime.

The police need to work harder

A concerned Dubliner has written a passionate letter to the Sunday World pleading for the Kinahan gang to end their bloody war on the Hutch family.
    The writer, who wished to remain anonymous, describes themselves as a resident of Dublin 12,

'We all know you, we've grown up in fear of your name, in awe of your money and power. Drugs ruined us in the 80s and we ran the dealers out. You did your business quietly and to our eternal fault we let you.

'When David was killed, we for the most part understood, he was family and it was wrong. But a line has been crossed, we are human, we are decent and we care for our own.

'Perhaps this is why we indulged your grief for David, but now we grieve. We grieve for Trevor O'Neill. We grieve for his partner Suzanne. We grieve for his children. We grieve for a time when we could innocently talk to another Irishman abroad without fear his surname was a death sentence.

'While Trevor may not have been the intended target, if we consider the person who was, what was his crime? Being a Hutch? Having the wrong surname? Well his partner and his children, they're ours too so hands (guns) off.

'We tell you now that we will take no more. Trevor more than being one of us was all of us. The average man who worked hard and loved his family. He was good, he was funny, he was kind and in ending his life you ended our tolerance. End this, end it now because there are more of us ordinary decent people than there are of you.

'We are your neighbours, we are the parents at the school gates, we have no faces but we know yours and we want peace.

'Trust us,you do too.'

Nice intent.
    Think it would have to be written by Dubai authorities with the word "public execution" in it for its intent to be effective.

None of them would be caught alone or in Dublin again I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

Nice intent.
    Think it would have to be written by Dubai authorities with the word "public execution" in it for its intent to be effective.

None of them would be caught alone or in Dublin again I would think.

I think he was referring to Liam and jaws Byrne and their underlings to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Laika123 wrote: »
    I think he was referring to Liam and jaws Byrne and their underlings to be honest.

They are evil.

Laika123 wrote: »

Ah right.
    Would it bother said scumbags?

I wonder why no one involved in the shooting of the regency has gotten shot? I thought Gerry hutch had no involvement in crime anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

All these guys will pay in the end. The temp might be a bit toasty around their death beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All these guys will pay in the end. The temp might be a bit toasty around their death beds.
    I wouldn't be relying on higher power to dish out punishment. They don't exactly have a great track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I think the army need to be brought into this. The Garda as a force are demoralised and costing a fortune in O/T. Bring in the army along side the Garda to relieve some of the pressure in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I find in strange how low key the Media's outrage (and print) is now that this victim has turned out to be a totally innocent poor fella, as opposed to if it had of been a KInahin or Hutch as initially speculated.

And no sign of the Political will to crush this gangs on the foot of an innocent man's death, unlike when Veronica Guerin was murdered and the response to bring these people to justice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I find in strange how low key the Media's outrage (and print) is now that this victim has turned out to be a totally innocent poor fella, as opposed to if it had of been a KInahin or Hutch as initially speculated.

And no sign of the Political will to crush this gangs on the foot of an innocent man's death, unlike when Veronica Guerin was murdered and the response to bring these people to justice.

Correct, very little said by politicians as they enjoy their break. Just a month ago Kenny was all over the media in Dublin 1 talking to the communities and taking action over gangland. Now nothing. I don't think the political will is really there to deal with it properly. That's the impression I'm getting.

I am surprised there isn't uproar. It could have been anyone - very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Someone shot in crumlin over night according to the indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's very difficult when they're not even living in ireland.

Someone shot in crumlin over night according to the indo.

I bet the kinahans were behind it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Can't help but think, if the victim was from Dublin 4 or Foxrock, there would be more interest/action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Can't help but think, if the victim was from Dublin 4 or Foxrock, there would be more interest/action.

I agree but if they were all in Ireland they could really put the squeeze on them but the reality is that the Gardai can do feck all when they're based abroad.

I agree but if they were all in Ireland they could really put the squeeze on them but the reality is that the Gardai can do feck all when they're based abroad.

The main people behind the costas are not in Ireland but there are many of there minions/supporters/customers still here, They could start with them and work there way up, either way make it impossible/harder for the costas/monks to make money here in there illegal activity's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Veronica Guerin was one of their own that's why they were all action back then

How many died before that incident and they did nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Like that poor girl who died after taking a load of pills and is still in the paper a year later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement