Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that make people think their great for doing. (When in fact they aren't)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People who go on about food. They go away for a week and all you hear when they get back is the minute details of every restaurant (upper end of the market, of course) and even more minute details of each course and how everything was cooked and served and all the details of what their friends had to eat. And the first thing they ask me when I come back from a trip is what restaurants I went to.... eh? I'd be savaged if I mentioned I nipped into MacDonalds on occasion as I just wanted something quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

People who think they're great for not drinking on a night out and then boasting about 'I don't need drink to have fun' and 'Looking forward to not having a sore head in the morning'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The "Dryathlon" folk.
    'Oh I'm off the gargle for a month, you know me, it's going to be so difficult, you should try it'.
    I haven't drank in about 6 weeks, mainly because I didn't fancy it, it's not that hard, give some cash to charity and be done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People depriving themselves of normal food or treats while loudly proclaiming they are watching their weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

73Cat wrote: »
    Women who think they are amazing because they gave birth naturally and look down their noses at us c section Mams, using phrases like "too posh to push". All that matters is that mam and baby are safe and well, and I've never heard of anyone getting a medal for giving birth, either naturally or otherwise. Get a grip!!

This is really annoying, and only a small section of a worrying militant mothering trend I see emerging. Natural/water/home births - whatever floats your boat but I know for sure when I have a baby it will be in a hospital if I can help it and I'll take all the pain relief going. Is it not enough to essentially house and grow another human being inside you without being made to feel inferior because of how you choose to get it out of you? I mean, you don't see men looking down on other men because they choose to get an anaesthetic in the dentist rather than manning up and braving the pain. And then there's the breastfeeding brigade - formula is sin apparently :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

People who think they're great for not drinking on a night out and then boasting about 'I don't need drink to have fun' and 'Looking forward to not having a sore head in the morning'

And they are the ones going "omg you were soooo drunk last night".
    Yes.
    Yes I know this.
    I have the hangover to prove it.
    You don't need to go on and on about it!! eff off with your sober righteousness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

People boasting about not watching TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

73Cat wrote: »
    Women who think they are amazing because they gave birth naturally and look down their noses at us c section Mams, using phrases like "too posh to push". All that matters is that mam and baby are safe and well, and I've never heard of anyone getting a medal for giving birth, either naturally or otherwise. Get a grip!!

What the actual f*ck? C-sections can potentially save the lives of the child and the mother where "natural" birth would put them at risk. It'd be like having a go at a diabetic for taking insulin or someone having heart surgery. What kind of a gobsh*te thinks that a medical procedure is "posh"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    What the actual f*ck? C-sections can potentially save the lives of the child and the mother where "natural" birth would put them at risk. It'd be like having a go at a diabetic for taking insulin or someone having heart surgery. What kind of a gobsh*te thinks that a medical procedure is "posh"?

It means you're not enough of an earth mother, for not insisting on doing everything as ''naturally'' as possible. It's rubbish. Another excuse to pretend to be superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

People who drive hybrid people carriers, suv's, you're not saving the environment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sam Kade wrote: »
    People who drive hybrid people carriers, suv's, you're not saving the environment.

Huge tax allowance in The Netherlands on the Mitsubishi Outlander has cost €6 billion in tax intake.

Most owners havent even unpacked the powercable to charge the ****ing thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

There is a man I know who is a friend of a friend and he will try to relate any conversation back to the fact that he used to be in the army.

He's says "oh ye that's because of when I used to be in the army" and then goes silent and looks at you as if to say "you're impressed, aren't ya?". I'm so aware of it now I have to try my best not to laugh.

Advertisement