Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that make people think their great for doing. (When in fact they aren't)

Options
  • 15-08-2016 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭

Travelling is great for some people and not for others. It really drives me mad when I hear about somebody who travelled for a little bit and then they go on and on about their new life experiences and that you're worthless without them.

Another thing I hate is when somebody orders their steak well done. They're suddenly not a foodie and don't know nothing about food/cooking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

Wild swimming - it's just swimming in cold dirty water, not communing with a higher spirit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

What???

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Veganism

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

People who hold the door open for you when you're a little too far away, forcing you to do that awkward half run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Running

• Advertisement

What about those pricks who killed the baby dolphin taking selfies with it? Bet they thought they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

A half 'marathon'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Running

Yeah that bolt fella thinks he's great.......... Waster........ **Opens breakfast roll**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Its not the what these people are doing, its how they go about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Merrion wrote: »
    Wild swimming - it's just swimming in cold dirty water, not communing with a higher spirit...

What is wild swimming? Is it not splashing around like a loon in the pool? Or do you mean "skinny-dipping"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Writing unit tests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Correcting someone's grammar

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Tidying up/stacking used plates and bowls in a restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Paying for someone's parking ticket when they see the "man in the brown suit" coming only to write in and tell Ireland Am there good deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

A half 'marathon'.

A 'mini' marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

thunderdog wrote:
    Correcting someone's grammar

Very important work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,078 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What is wild swimming? Is it not splashing around like a loon in the pool? Or do you mean "skinny-dipping"?
    It's swimming in rivers, lakes, etc where there are no special facilities for swimmers.

In other words, it's what we used to call "swimming".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Any activity whatsoever that can be dissected in a mean-spirited fashion in order to harvest Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Merrion wrote: »

I know, isn't wild swimming what people do at the beach? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Remove jams from photocopying machines.

Even though it's not terribly difficult, I always feel like a fcuking God if I manage to successfully remove a paper jam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

People who start pointless threads early on Monday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,078 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Elliott S wrote: »
    I know, isn't wild swimming what people do at the beach? :confused:
    Yes, although your hardcore wild swimmer will turn up his or her nose at a beach that has any special facilities for swimming, like changing rooms or concrete steps giving access to the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Remove jams from photocopying machines.

Even though it's not terribly difficult, I always feel like a fcuking God if I manage to successfully remove a paper jam.

Nah you're a hero. I'm constantly getting into fights with our photocopier and it's one of those with loads of compartments and a fancy display that shows exactly where the paper is jammed- still I can never find it, I spend ages in the copy room muttering profanities until someone like you comes along and makes it look so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've mentioned this before but the folk who do this:

Hi (normally at my desk), yeah , eh , razorblunt would you like to sponsor me, I'm cycling across America for babies who born with tails / climbing Kilimanjaro for Hayfever Sufferers
    - I'll sponsor you when you get back
    Well it doesn't work like that, I need to reach a target to be able to get over there.
    - Didn't you cycle cross American last year?
    That's right yeah, for Dogs born with one ear
    - How much did you raise and what was the minimum?
    I raised £3500
    - aaaand the target?
    Was £3300, but it's a very good cause
    - Fock off I'm not sending you another holiday again.

The Kilimanjaro jibe is a bit disingenuous, I know two people that have gone there and raised lots of cash in the process, way past their minimum. It always seems to be cyclists that want the funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"Clean eating" - STFU already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Going to the pub to roar on their team. They can't hear you.

When you're sweeping up glass or something and some annoyimg twat is over your shoulder, 'there's a bit', 'a bit over there', 'there's another'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Peregrinus wrote: »
    It's swimming in rivers, lakes, etc where there are no special facilities for swimmers.

In other words, it's what we used to call "swimming".

Why do people insist on giving normal things fancy stupid hipster titles to try and make them "a thing"?
    Feck off!
    (Not sure if I'm more annoyed that this a thin, or that it might actually describe me, I don't need anymore titles to define the things I like doing.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Travelling is great for some people and not for others. It really drives me mad when I hear about somebody who travelled for a little bit and then they go on and on about their new life experiences and that you're worthless without them.

Another thing I hate is when somebody orders their steak well done. They're suddenly not a foodie and don't know nothing about food/cooking.

Nah, the ones who go off on a J1 then come back with an American accent are the uber-twats of the travelling-set :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

One of the worst has to be when people buy a homeless person a sandwich and then post a big self serving post about it on social media

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

People who lose a few lbs on Slimming World/Weight Watchers diet and celebrate with a chipper and then are usually back to the same weight & will rarely maintain weight loss.

Advertisement