Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that make people think their great for doing. (When in fact they aren't)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

primary school teachers

all they are are glorified kindergarten attendants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

people who run/cycle and post the distance they ran with some map on facebook.... who the funk cares

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Complain about Capitalism and especially Globalization...on Facebook. Seriously folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Poeple who go travelling and get pictures of themselves with some animal that's been injected with a load of tranquilisers.

Don't even have the self awareness to realise it's animal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

People who lose a few lbs on Slimming World/Weight Watchers diet and celebrate with a chipper and then are usually back to the same weight & will rarely maintain weight loss.

It's better than just eating the chipper to be fair! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Piggystardust

Recruitment Consultants who act like they've your best interest at heart and are trying to match you with the most suitable role and then send you a spec for a completely different role that you're clearly not qualified for or interested in.

I had one girl the other day tilt her head to one side at the end of the interview and through pouted lips said 'awww, we'll find you something soon, chin up'.
    It was so insincere. She also asked me if I'd like to temp to keep me 'ticking over' despite me telling her that I'm currently working but looking for something new.

I haven't heard from her since. Condescending hoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Having kids.

Congratulations for doing what nearly every member of the human species has done since the beginning of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

First Up wrote: »
    A 'mini' marathon.

Walking the women's mini marathon. Lady in work does it every year, trains for it too. She isn't old or fat she could easily run it.

Talks about it constantly for about 3 months coming up to it as if she is an endurance athlete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Anybody who keeps on crowing about how they got accepted on a third level course whatever it may be. Often they also trumpet how they got into a certain establishment.

They still have to pass the exams, not to mind study.
    "Don't count your chickens until they're hatched"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

davo2001 wrote: »
    Having kids.

Congratulations for doing what nearly every member of the human species has done since the beginning of time.

And if you don't have kids or thinking of having them you're clearly not as great as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Drinking sugary yogurt for breakfast lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

And if you don't have kids or thinking of having them you're clearly not as great as they are.

Someone I know said this sentence to me "You literally don't know anything until you have had kids, literally nothing"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People who think they're great for not taking holidays!

...yeah like, I'm just too busy to go away this year, actually I haven't been away for like ten years, as I've been so busy at work :confused:

All work & no play makes ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

People who go on about the amount of pints they drank on a night out.
    We get it, you're an incredibly heterosexual mad bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Complain about Capitalism and especially Globalization...on Facebook. Seriously folks...
    Via smartphone/tablet/laptop. :)

Also complaining about social media and the way face to face conversation is dying, and they wish they could leave their phone at home for the day (well do, so!)... through social media. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

People with ''Gifted'' children. They could be as thick as 2 short planks but not in their parents eyes.
    Anything to do with Resident Associations, normally a few fcukwits involved there too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

People who have porridge for breakfast and like to tell everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The martyrs who come into work when they're sick, when they should be home in bed.

You'll take longer to get better, be as good as useless and get half the office sick along with you. But sure as long as you look good to the boss, isn't it great.

Unless you absolutely have to be there, don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

fryup wrote: »
    primary school teachers

Ooh, edgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

fryup wrote:
    primary school teachers

I hate to be that guy but...

Did your glorified kindergarten attendant never teach you to start a sentence with a capital letter and finish it with a full stop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Via smartphone/tablet/laptop. :)

Also complaining about social media and the way face to face conversation is dying, and they wish they could leave their phone at home for the day (well do, so!)... through social media. :pac:

Oh, it can get even better...the ones worried about "privacy"; You know, the ones that have the little piece of tape on their laptop's webcam, furiously argue against stuff like the Xbox Kinect "eavesdropping" on them - and yet carry a smartphone/tablet even to the toilette :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

People who have porridge for breakfast and like to tell everybody.

I have porridge for breakfast, but I don't tell anybody...no one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

People buying 'Diet' or 'Low fat' versions of shyte food, thinking they're eating healthily...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Kindergarten?!? Back in my day it was called playschool. We ate Taz bars and went to playschool, like real men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

People who go gluten free and claim it's due to an allergy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

davo2001 wrote: »
    Someone I know said this sentence to me "You literally don't know anything until you have had kids, literally nothing"

:rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/fgPG4wqrw4M

Watch this from about a minute in. I can't imagine how much you hated that person when they said that to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

People who live in council houses that is not in there preferred area and have to drive the kids 15 mile to school!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Parents putting up pictures of their kids 'graduating' from playschool. Get a grip. Never mind the gown and mortarboard, there's probably a sh*t in his nappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ExParrot42

People with Range Rovers in town...like they're going on safari in Donnybrook.

Also people obsessed with "detoxing." If your liver isn't doing that for you, you need a hospital - not a kale/avocado/acai/wheatgrass smoothie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Kindergarten?!? Back in my day it was called playschool. We ate Taz bars and went to playschool, like real men.

Taz bars?

Advertisement