Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2016/2017 - OP updated 15/12/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye I got Costa in last night he had the highest amount of transfers in yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,030 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Intersting. At that rate he's well on for a second rise. May keep him for the Swans game too and get a possible 4th rise!

I'm still worried he loses his spot to Batshuayi in and around a Champions League game. There's not much between them so there will be rotation around that time.

Unless the Luiz signing means they're going 3-5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

CSF wrote: »
    I'm still worried he loses his spot to Batshuayi in and around a Champions League game. There's not much between them so there will be rotation around that time.

Unless the Luiz signing means they're going 3-5-2.

Chelsea aren't in the Champions league

If Costa is fit/not banned for stabbing an opponent he'll play

• Registered Users Posts: 33,030 ✭✭✭✭CSF

COH wrote: »
    Chelsea aren't in the Champions league

If Costa is fit/not banned for stabbing an opponent he'll play

Hahahaha no, they are not, what am I thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Intersting. At that rate he's well on for a second rise. May keep him for the Swans game too and get a possible 4th rise!

I'm now looking at keeping him and also getting in benteke
    It may mean no Sanchez though .......but I need another striker close to 10 ml to make aguero back easier
    Need to look at it all properly now . Hazard and Costa may be overkill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    I'm now looking at keeping him and also getting in benteke
    It may mean no Sanchez though .......but I need another striker close to 10 ml to make aguero back easier
    Need to look at it all properly now . Hazard and Costa may be overkill

It'll only be for two games assuming Aguero returns, and that's Swansea away and Pool at home. Well worth keeping both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

km79 wrote:
    I'm now looking at keeping him and also getting in benteke It may mean no Sanchez though .......but I need another striker close to 10 ml to make aguero back easier Need to look at it all properly now . Hazard and Costa may be overkill

I've had the two of them since the start and it been going well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm... Maybe I should have jumped on this Costa wagon... I don't like him but I'm the manager anyway so in the worse case I'd have the power and delight to fire him illico presto :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I got Costa purely for the two games that Aguero will miss and plan on being able to do two moves to get him back in. A bankable rise out of Costa would be an added bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No risers so no Mick.
    Fischer's-price is the only one down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

[QUOTE=machiavellianme;100899415
    Fischer's-price is the only one down[/QUOTE]

can see a couple of toys being thrown out of the pram for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FFF had literally 50 players set to move last night yet their accuracy % barely changed.

That site is unusable right now for prices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

8-10 wrote: »
    FFF had literally 50 players set to move last night yet their accuracy % barely changed.

That site is unusable right now for prices

I checked it last night and it had no movers for next ~2 days hence why delayed playing wc

COH wrote: »
    I checked it last night and it had no movers for next ~2 days hence why delayed playing wc

I was on at 12.30 am ish and I counted 50, 4 risers and 46 fallers. They change things last minute it seems. They have 15 changers for tonight right now.

fplstatistics.co.uk is the way to go this season it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I was on at 12.30 am ish and I counted 50, 4 risers and 46 fallers. They change things last minute it seems. They have 15 changers for tonight right now.

Agree. The way FFF operate based on % change per hour is no good. Earlier in the evening on say a Friday, when loads are making transfers the projection based on the current hourly rate is grossly innacurate.

A simple % to a drop is more straightforward and less misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Agree. The way FFF operate based on % change per hour is no good. Earlier in the evening on say a Friday, when loads are making transfers the projection based on the current hourly rate is grossly innacurate.

A simple % to a drop is more straightforward and less misleading.

Wouldn't agree with that. They clearly haven't got it working this year but it was decent last year (definitely not grossly innacurate) and very useful in identifying fast risers / fallers. If someone is being shipped out in numbers, they could be -70% to a drop in the evening and in danger of dropping that night. It gives you a warning that you don't get from a static % to drop gives.

As with all of those sites, it's best to monitor them frequently yourself. I used Fplstatistics and FFF in conjunction last year.

Again I'm gonna hammer home my message towards FPL towers to once and for all halt this randomic useless stupid obscurantism (*) about price changes and run the price predictions themselves! It'll be clear(er). It'll be easy(er). It'll be transparent. The masses will either be happy or will not realise any difference. And the price prediction sites will talk a lot more about the game itself à la FFS. It'd be a win-win situation. It's beyond me why they can't get it. There's ab-so-lu-te-ly zero benefit to the current situation.

(*) At this level I'm sure they have some kinda naked rites where they worship their secret formula in trance laughing out hellishly at our poor miserable little souls sweating quavery around 2:00 am every day asking the FPL Gods "Will Townsend hold? Will Sanchez rise? Won't I be £0.2m short in the near future if I don't go for it now? But what if Alexis injures himself in South America? Oh nooo please God help me" :p...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

iroced wrote: »
    Again I'm gonna hammer home my message towards FPL towers to once and for all halt this randomic useless stupid obscurantism (*) about price changes and run the price predictions themselves! It'll be clear(er). It'll be easy(er). It'll be transparent. The masses will either be happy or will not realise any difference. And the price prediction sites will talk a lot more about the game itself à la FFS. It'd be a win-win situation. It's beyond me why they can't get it. There's ab-so-lu-te-ly zero benefit to the current situation.

(*) At this level I'm sure they have some kinda naked rites where they worship their secret formula in trance laughing out hellishly at our poor miserable little souls sweating quavery around 2:00 am every day asking the FPL Gods "Will Townsend hold? Will Sanchez rise? Won't I be £0.2m short in the near future if I don't go for it now? But what if Alexis injures himself in South America? Oh nooo please God help me" :p...

But... but... then we'd know they make their thresholds partly random/change the goalposts to f*ck up players who use the price rise sites! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yeah it's a pain tbh. Price changes are an important part of the game, but never knowing for sure exactly how many transfers are needed is plain annoying. Have it completely transparent and then enable app notifications to notify when a player is likely to rise or fall to take the stress - somewhat ;) - out of it

I said it before a while ago but the system that the Fantasy MLS uses for price rises is fair and transparent and could easily be used in FPL

Gives the advantage to people who select the players ahead of time. So you can't transfer based on an anticipated rise, only after.

Last section here: http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/a/help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pain tbh. Price changes are an important part of the game, but never knowing for sure exactly how many transfers are needed is plain annoying. Have it completely transparent and then enable app notifications to notify when a player is likely to rise or fall to take the stress - somewhat ;) - out of it

Completely disagree, it's an element of the fun. Just like who is going to score in the next gameweek. Or would you prefer if that was announced in advance too?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

iroced wrote: »

I love the current price change system. It's all part of the fun. Either you make your transfers early to beat the rise or you sweat it out as you analyse every site watching as your player teeters on 99.7%.

I do both depending on the situation and if I miss out, Welp that's my own fault for not going quicker. It's all about weighing up the risk. Just as everything else is in the game

For the record as of right now FFF has 2 risers and 9 drops predicted, not even that close, all listed over 101%.

Both of the risers have a positive "progress per hour" and 5 of the 9 droppers have a negative "progress per hour", the remaining 4 droppers have no change per hour 0.00%. Meaning that for them to be wrong, there would have to be a shift in the opposite direction to the trend we are seeing between now and the price change to not go ahead. Their rise accuracy is 90.9 and drop accuracy is 80.8%

FPLStats have 0 risers and 0 fallers at the moment with 1 riser and 4 droppers with a % of changing.

Will try and see again later how this has changed

I don't have Townsend but I'm enjoying watching him hang on every night
    We are sad people aren't we

Completely disagree, it's an element of the fun. Just like who is going to score in the next gameweek. Or would you prefer if that was announced in advance too?

Seriously?

For the record as of right now FFF has 2 risers and 9 drops predicted, not even that close, all listed over 101%.

Both of the risers have a positive "progress per hour" and 5 of the 9 droppers have a negative "progress per hour", the remaining 4 droppers have no change per hour 0.00%. Meaning that for them to be wrong, there would have to be a shift in the opposite direction to the trend we are seeing between now and the price change to not go ahead. Their rise accuracy is 90.9 and drop accuracy is 80.8%

FPLStats have 0 risers and 0 fallers at the moment with 1 riser and 4 droppers with a % of changing.

Will try and see again later how this has changed

Huge difference between both sites on Aguero. Fix have him at around 81% and >2d to rise.

Stats have him at over 99% and said on twitter earlier that he may drop tonight.

Huge difference between both sites on Aguero. Fix have him at around 81% and >2d to rise.

Stats have him at over 99% and said on twitter earlier that he may drop tonight.

Wow that would be fantastic when you consider there will be a glut of transfers later in week
    We any get him back for 12.7 or so

Regarding Sanchez, he's been due to rise a few times already this week and his % is constantly being revised down(on fplstats anyway). Obviously a lot who have got him in have done so on wildcard, and that makes sense, since for the majority of us it would require 2 transfers to fit him in, that and the associated risks of being in the middle of an international break

Sorry but I fail to get the comparison...

Also you're "comparing" a priori info with a posteriori stuff.

Rikand wrote: »
    I love the current price change system. It's all part of the fun. Either you make your transfers early to beat the rise or you sweat it out as you analyse every site watching as your player teeters on 99.7%.

I do both depending on the situation and if I miss out, Welp that's my own fault for not going quicker. It's all about weighing up the risk. Just as everything else is in the game
    What you're saying about transfering early or waiting for the last moment depending on your mood would be ex-ac-t-ly the same if FPL was running the price changes themselves. You'd be weighting up the risk the same way. You'd just be doing it with more info in your hands.

And no, it's not like everything else in the game. Everything else in the game you know about it. You base your decisions on data, stats, etc... Not on hypothetical stuff. Then, it works out or not. That's the beauty of the game. You take risks from your transfers/captains choices. Taking risks for a stupid price change I find it ridiculous and pointless. I really dislike being forced into checking this carefully for 5/6 months (up to a time when it doesn't matter anymore).

And the fact there are no weighting factors anymore, that there are 10 times more fallers than risers is plain ridiculous.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Wow that would be fantastic when you consider there will be a glut of transfers later in week
    We any get him back for 12.7 or so

Don't think he'll drop that far. The threshold for his drop from 13.1 back to his original price should be a lot lower that to drop below his starting price.

If he gets the first drop soon he'll do well to hit the second this week. I could see him hitting another drop the week after maybe but you'd think sales will slow off then as most who still have him after this week will be gonna bench him.

Advertisement