Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Berlin Q or Bust: Road to sub 2:45

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It's a hard call between the lad that was on the piss for the week and the lad who had a dose and was mentally frazzled....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Thanks for the positive vibes Mr Healy! I will cobble together something re Valencia, or god forbid, maybe start a log.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sometimes rest is just the best. It is a good time of the year for reflection and planning. I am now in the same boat and will be availing of the back of beer mats and discarded takeaway trays to dream up some sort of plan for 2022 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭E.coli

Finally managed to play catch up on this one (slowly working my way through)

Fair play on the training this year can't have been easy. I know you have had a few bumps on the road in terms of race performances but overall I don't think its as negative as you think. I agree with the notion that mental stumbling blocks have been the issue moreso than physical training which has been solid.

I am going to come at it from a slightly different angle in terms of analysis but I can't imagine your job has been easy this year with everything. High pressure stressful situations can take there toll mentally and marathon effort themselves require a huge amount of mental energy expended on the day (can't imagine the airport experience mid covid can have helped either)

While you may not look back on the year as being a stellar one hopefully with things settling down in 2022 (hopefully) you can have a breakthrough year and capitalize on the physical benefits you have accrued over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭healy1835

😁 Race reports should only really be written after the consumption of 4 beers minimum 👍 rope your brother into updating his log too 😉

Thanks for those observations 👍 I know I can learn from the last 18 months, and a couple of small tweaks in training and preparation are all that are probably needed.

Looking forward to getting a few decent weeks back to back and a few nice runs in over the holdiays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Will you still run Raheny even if not in peak shape ? You were right to enjoy your Christmas after all going ons in the last few months.

What are the nitro surge cans like? Gimmick or game-changer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

They are defo a gimmick - sort of.

I think they are nicer than 'normal' cans but obviously not as nice as the real thing.

Thanks AMK. Maybe I'll give them a miss so! I am a fan of afternoon pints anyway ;)

• Advertisement

They're draught quality. Now, mid-table fare, but still a nice option to have at home 😁 but yes, afternoon pints are the best pints.

Right - we've left you alone long enough.

Whats the story with 2022 - give us the synopsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

What in the bejeezus is a Guinness Nitrosurge? I go awol for a few months and ye have started christening yer fancy shoes?!

You've obviously been one of the responsible folks in lockdown.

I think a year from now you'll look back on this "downtime" and think of it as a blessing in disguise. I think you underestimate just how long you were within 80-90% of peak. Easy for me to say I know. If I was in your shoes I'd probably feel the same way but you'll come good again.

• Advertisement

'Something is stirring'....was actually accurate. It just happened to be a horrendous case of the 💩 (apologies). If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at the moment. No running Tue or Wed. Will tip out for a run later and hopefully get in session + LR at the weekend, or maybe a LR session. Will see what the man in charge thinks.

Oh sh*t.

Was very happy seeing this today on Strava. This is one of those occasions where I won't give out for running at an effort harder than planned. To be honest I think it'll serve you well.

Like your advisor said...you're not as far off as you think. We all catastrophise when we get injured or struggle for a period. You'll be very surprised how quickly you'll come good. Roll on GLR. First round is on you afterwards 😉

I really think you'll hit the target in Limerick - the break will have done you good and you'll peak just at the right time. I also think you'll 'find' fitness much faster than you think.

Ditto to the above. 11 weeks to climb to the peak, level, recover, and then do battle.

• Advertisement

How did you do the multiquote there?

Advertisement