Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Run 2016/17 Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Ffs ali. Looking at the build up to the challenge and the challenge itself that was a fooking disgrace. He's a hot head. Can't understand how we are this bad in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

09_09_09 wrote: »
    My prediction was right. Dier weak link and Alli is a ****ing clown.

Is Dier (dire) playing !?!??
    COYS , :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Our biggest concern is how bad we are at Wembley! We have a whole season here next year.

We'll be fighting relegation

Dave11 wrote: »
    Our biggest concern is how bad we are at Wembley! We have a whole season here next year.

We'll be fighting relegation

Especially with an atmosphere as bad as it is ..... it sounds like a friendly in the Aviva !!!!!!
    Slagging at work tomorrow .... again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

greenspurs wrote: »
    Is Dier (dire) playing !?!??
    COYS , :rolleyes:

Yep...... Dier is Playing

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo harry :eek:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Wanyamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :P

Get in!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Never doubted them. Ghent are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Glebee wrote: »
    Never doubted them. Ghent are ****e.

Still need another one despite scoring all 3 goals.....

• Advertisement

WTF Walker doing, we already a man down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Shocking challenge from walker. Ffs!!

2 quick goals and we are laughing :P

Should have never taken Dembele off, he was the only one taking on people

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭oppiuy

We are so poor.. this is our level in afraid and although weve made good progress the premier league is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

No fixture congestion to worry about now!

Can't beat a sh1t team from Belgium ... beyond embarrassing !!!!!

Dier is actually retarded .....

Out of europe... will get best in the semis of the fa cup and finish 5th.

Why wait till the match nearly over to bring on Jansen.

Alli ....BrainFart Moment.......hope he learns from it.

At least we are great at getting into the Brexit Spirit...getting out of Europe.

Embarrassing to lose to a team as poor as Gent.....actually shows how poor we are when Kane not on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mushykeogh wrote: »
    No fixture congestion to worry about now!

Congestion for what exactly?? tell me. I would rather win a trophy than get in the top 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

It's a dreadful result and really embarrassing. But a least we can go back to playing on Saturdays. FA cup win and 2nd or third in the Premiership - not that bad a season!

So so frustrating to exit to a team who are so inferior to us. Alli is a dick no matter how good a footballer he is, cost us the tie tonight. I really do not care about finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th, I want us to bloody win something for a change. The game is about glory.

abff wrote: »
    It's a dreadful result and really embarrassing. But a least we can go back to playing on Saturdays. FA cup win and 2nd or third in the Premiership - not that bad a season!

Be tough to win the FA Cup with the like of Chelsea and City still in it, 2rd, 3rd, 4th who cares. 1st is all that matters.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    So so frustrating to exit to a team who are so inferior to us. Alli is a dick no matter how good a footballer he is, cost us the tie tonight. I really do not care about finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th, I want us to bloody win something for a change. The game is about glory.

We will win fc U.K. All lads ... Club is cursed with a Spursie hex......
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Congestion for what exactly?? tell me. I would rather win a trophy than get in the top 4
    Would you rather another few weeks in the Europa league, dropping to 5th or 6th and still win nothing?. At least we have one cup to fight for and the top four, which whether we like it or not is essential.

Id also rather win a trophy that get knock out of europe next year.. Any trophy. We are not good enough for the europa lwague let along the big boys league

Im starting to doubt Ali has this world class talent. He pops up with goals every now and again but he never controls a game. He looks lost lots of the time. Maybe im being harsh but he has to start doing more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Home matches at wembley next season are 3 point guaranteed. Not.

greenspurs wrote: »
    We will win fc U.K. All lads ... Club is cursed with a Spursie hex......
    :mad:

Adebayor put a Ju Ju spell on us before he left :D

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Would you rather another few weeks in the Europa league, dropping to 5th or 6th and still win nothing?. At least we have one cup to fight for and the top four, which whether we like it our not is essential.

Is top 4 essential really??? We still wont attract the top players and when we did qualify we played weakened teams in the group stages. We could have won this cup if we went all out for it, so disappointed. FA Cup will be very hard to win IMO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My biggest problem with the game tonight was what happened after Deli got sent off. We totally changed out tempo, and absolutely mauled them (while still not putting away a **** ton of chances). We couldn't we do that before the sending off? Was it not worth bother until there was some controversy?

Our final third play once again is letting us down. We waste so may opportunities. We also need someone better than Dier if we plan to play 3 at the back.

Finally, if we can't beat a team at Gent's level, we have absolutely no place being anywhere near the Champions League.

Advertisement