Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb: Classiest car of the last 10 years?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,681 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well they start in around the late 30K s for the lowest spec and Ford say they sell lots of the high spec one too. A mid spec Zetec is prob around 42K or 43k now so I Id say it would not be to hard or that much more really by adding a few extras to spend 50K on one

The Mondeo do starts from 25k and the resale value on them is not getting any better as less people are buying saloons and less want them secondhand where as I think they will always be someone that wants a big secondhand 7 seater so it should have a better resale value.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

jetsonx wrote: »
    Is the new Skoda Superb the classiest mid-priced saloon car of the last 10 years?

I passed it yesterday and had to look twice.

Mercedes shouts old, boring and grey.
    BMW shouts arrogant.
    Audi shouts "I'm arrogant but could'nt afford a BMW".
    Toyota shouts "I'm a civil servant".
    But the new Skoda Superb whispers dignified understated class. It would not look out of place in the gravel driveway of a French chateau or parked beside a super-yacht on a Marbella marina. What a class-looking car?

You really have a 1986 view of cars dont you. In relation to bolded element above - in Ireland anyway most Audi models are priced above their BMW counterparts. Probably as a result of being number one here in the premium market for the past 7 years. More Audis taxed on Irish roads now than BMW and MB. Also Audi sell a €200,000 plus supercar whereas BMW dont. But dont let the truth get in the way of a 20-30 year old stereotype now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

^^^Yes......lots of Audi fanboi's around alright :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

jetsonx wrote: »
    Is the new Skoda Superb the classiest mid-priced saloon car of the last 10 years?

I passed it yesterday and had to look twice.

Mercedes shouts old, boring and grey.
    BMW shouts arrogant.
    Audi shouts "I'm arrogant but could'nt afford a BMW".
    Toyota shouts "I'm a civil servant".
    But the new Skoda Superb whispers dignified understated class. It would not look out of place in the gravel driveway of a French chateau or parked beside a super-yacht on a Marbella marina. What a class-looking car?

It probably wouldn't look out of place beside a super yacht cause chances are the cleaner owns it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Wailin wrote: »
    ^^^Yes......lots of Audi fanboi's around alright :pac:

Try as I might I just cannot let comments like that one go unchecked. And anyway - we all know this is really a BMW fanboy place. Id say they outnumber any other brand 5:1. It would be boring if we all had the same views/likes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

RedorDead wrote: »
    Try as I might I just cannot let comments like that one go unchecked. And anyway - we all know this is really a BMW fanboy place. Id say they outnumber any other brand 5:1. It would be boring if we all had the same views/likes ;)

BMW get bashed just as much as Audi here on boards, not as one sided as you might think ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I'm not a vw fan... but I think the last model vw passat cc looked brilliant... my uncle had one till last summer...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement