Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 201: Lawler v Woodley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

On the bright side, we might get another Lawler vs MacDonald fight if Rory sticks around now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

On the basis that Robbie's chin has to give in at some stage and Karolina being a super-lovely-smiley person with a high output, I'm gonna go with Woodley to win via KO (early rounds, probably ending with a right hand with his back to the cage) and Karolina to win a split decision winning Rounds 1 and 2 and withstanding a fightback.

gets coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lawler via Submission
    gets coat.

pick 6 numbers there quick will ya :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    How many title changes in round one is that now this year? 4?

Stipe, Nunes, Woodley, Bisping, Cruz, Tate, Alvarez and now Woodley.

Actually sorry, just saw you said round one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Loved being in the minority to pick woodly, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I had the feeling for ages that Woodley would get the title. Thought this for a long while.

(Mind you I have been horribly wrong before too!)

Lawler via Submission
    cant figure out wether lawler is just a gent or was born without a personality!

Paully D wrote: »

Woodley's so good he won it twice! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Woodley's so good he won it twice! :pac:

****ing hell, watching 30 odd fights tonight has really caught up on me. Time for bed I think. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lawler via Submission
    Gutted for Robbie, one of my favourite fighters and just seems like a good dude.

I think it's going to be a case of wonderboy beats Woodley and then Condit beats Wonderboy.

Roll on next Saturday.

Lawler via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »

7. You meant 7 this year, not in round 1.

7. You meant 7 this year, not in round 1.

Correct. I'm operating on fumes at this stage. :pac:

CM Punk might actually have a chance at winning his fight the way things are going lately.

Ok, no, that was going too far I'll admit.

Gutted for Robbie, one of my favourite fighters and just seems like a good dude.

I think it's going to be a case of wonderboy beats Woodley and then Condit beats Wonderboy.

Roll on next Saturday.

Ellenberger had Wonderboy in all sorts of trouble and Woodley hits just as hard (if not harder).

Anyway Woodley said pre-fight that "Wonderwoman" can fight Robbie next no problem while he defends his belt elsewhere :D

Let's be real the fight Woodley wants is the same fight Eddie Alvarez wants......

Conor.

Simple as that. He's 34 with a bunch of kids. PPV points included, one fight against Conor as a champion (win or lose) adds up to anywhere between $2 and $5 million for the likes of Tyrone and Eddie.

Which is roughly the same money they'd get for 5 or 6 defences against literally anybody else.

Tyrone seems a Jesus/God type guy so he'd wanna start praying Conor can get it done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley via KO/TKO
    The year of the underdog continues

Lawler via Submission
    Ellenberger had Wonderboy in all sorts of trouble and Woodley hits just as hard (if not harder).

Anyway Woodley said pre-fight that "Wonderwoman" can fight Robbie next no problem while he defends his belt elsewhere :D

Let's be real the fight Woodley wants is the same fight Eddie Alvarez wants......

Conor.

Simple as that. He's 34 with a bunch of kids. PPV points included, one fight against Conor as a champion (win or lose) adds up to anywhere between $2 and $5 million for the likes of Tyrone and Eddie.

Which is roughly the same money they'd get for 5 or 6 defences against literally anybody else.

Tyrone seems a Jesus/God type guy so he'd wanna start praying Conor can get it done :D

You're insane if you think Conor wants to fight anyone in the top 10 at 170.

He'd be eaten alive.

To say next week's card is missable is a big understatement. Definitely one for Sky Plus!

You're insane if you think Conor wants to fight anyone in the top 10 at 170.

He'd be eaten alive.

Re-read it. Been a long night :o

I said the fight Tyrone wants would be Conor.

Same with Eddie - who went on record yesterday saying it's the only fight he wants!

The numbers are mind blowing. If Tyrone faces Wonderboy, Maia or Condit he'd be lucky to clear $1m between purse, PPV points and other income.

One fight against Conor and he's looking at up to $5 million.

Whether Conor wants it, or can win either of those fights, different story. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Here's the presser, should start before it says it will too:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

To say next week's card is missable is a big understatement. Definitely one for Sky Plus!
    Cards like this can usually be a big surprise but name wise, this card is severely lacking.

Lawler via Submission
    Next week's card is worth staying up for the headline fight alone.

haha.

Wonderboy on the FS1 Panel just directly asked Woodley for a fight and Woodley said he wants to fight returning Nick Diaz.

$$$$$$$$.

If Conor wins, expect his name to be asked for obviously.

Lawler via Submission

slightly underwhelming card alright but they usually turn out to be the best ones, main event should be a cracker aswel!

exact quote from Woodley (in reply to Wonderboy live on air):

"I hear you want to fight Robbie Lawler. Now you get your chance. Nick Diaz suspension is up in 2 days and he's the money fight. I want to fight him on the same card as his brother, UFC202, i want the money fight and i'm fresh".

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Cards like this can usually be a big surprise but name wise, this card is severely lacking.
    Next week's card is worth staying up for the headline fight alone.
    Depp wrote: »
    slightly underwhelming card alright but they usually turn out to be the best ones, main event should be a cracker aswel!

I hear ye but there's no fights of any real consequence happening though. Main event should be fun but all I meant was I couldn't be arsed waiting up that late for a fun but essentially small stakes fight.

exact quote from Woodley (in reply to Wonderboy live on air):

"I hear you want to fight Robbie Lawler. Now you get your chance. Nick Diaz suspension is up in 2 days and he's the money fight. I want to fight him on the same card as his brother, UFC202, i want the money fight and i'm fresh".

He's an idiot if he thinks he's getting PPV points on a McGregor card when he's not fighting the man himself. He's also an idiot for thinking they'd waste a draw like Nick Diaz on a card that doesn't need him.

Now if they fought as the co-main at 204 in England, that would be a hell of a lot better!

He's an idiot if he thinks he's getting PPV points on a McGregor card when he's not fighting the man himself. He's also an idiot for thinking they'd waste a draw like Nick Diaz on a card that doesn't need him.

Now if they fought as the co-main at 204 in England, that would be a hell of a lot better!

yeah i can't see Dana giving Woodley and Nick Diaz PPV points on top of McGregor and Nate...... mind you, Robbie Lawler and Rory Mac got PPV points at 189 as co-main..... won't happen but fair dues to him for coming out hard for the Nick Diaz fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lawler via Submission
    Woodley already doing my head in. Undeserved title shot and already saying he won't fight the only legit challenger. Diaz has 2 losses and 1 NC (which he lost 50-45 in) but they should give him a title shot.

Woodley/Wonderboy and Lawler/Diaz should Main and Co-Main a card.

Advertisement