Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 201: Lawler v Woodley

Options
  • 24-07-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

59620fbbba7f6de5be74306f5d37c355.png

Date: Saturday 30th July
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Atlanta, Georgia
    Odds: Lawler (4/9) v Woodley (17/8)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 43 votes

Lawler via KO/TKO
    0%
    Lawler via Submission
    74%
    weemcdA-Traktwilight_singerTiggermeepinsmirwillbebackhollywoodhoppyktulu123[Deleted User][Deleted User]DeppsmilerfZero-Coolprettyboy81shrewdnessEagererBeavercelticsfanfinglashoopJohn_D80Gamb!t 32 votes
    Lawler via Decision
    0%
    Woodley via KO/TKO
    20%
    slicus ricusEuskalHerriajackwiganMr. Managerriceroburkey85martinbeSaipanneclever user name 9 votes
    Woodley via Submission
    4%
    xtal191Tinie 2 votes
    Woodley via Decision
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

What a woeful card, first PPV in a while I wouldnt even consider staying up for

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sccccoooooooggggggiiiiiiiinnnnnssssss

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Woodley via KO/TKO
    valor wrote: »
    What a woeful card, first PPV in a while I wouldnt even consider staying up for

We must be looking at a different card. Some of those match-ups, although not very relevant in their respective divisions, are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

We must be looking at a different card. Some of those match-ups, although not very relevant in their respective divisions, are really good.
    Which ones?
    I think it's a petty poor PPV.
    But has to happen when we've be spoiled with the big cards before and after

Woodley via KO/TKO
    I love watching Thug Rose fight so there's that.
    Same goes for Matt Brown - I think he's an exciting fighter
    Flyweight bout between McCall and Scoggins should be a good scrap

• Advertisement

I love watching Thug Rose fight so there's that.
    Same goes for Matt Brown - I think he's an exciting fighter
    Flyweight bout between McCall and Scoggins should be a good scrap
    Rose is great, but Kowalkiewicz is not on her level.
    I think Scoggins and Brown win easily.

3 good fighters, but not expecting close fights there.
    The main here is the only fight I've much interest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lawler via Submission
    cant see tyron causing robbie any problems in this but the the way titles are passing around lately you wouldnt know, still a late lawler tko is my prediction, also, didnt ross pearson fight like 2 weeks ago? animal!

I am looking forward to the main event for sure but dont think ill buy this one but i might stay up and watch it. I bought 199, 200 and ill buying 202/203 so ill give this one a break. It would be a fight night card minus the main event but there is some good fights. Cant wait to see Rose, Pearson and Creepy fight :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Depp wrote: »
    cant see tyron causing robbie any problems in this but the the way titles are passing around lately you wouldnt know, still a late lawler tko is my prediction, also, didnt ross pearson fight like 2 weeks ago? animal!

I've only seen a few Lawler fights and he does seem to get hit a bit in them. Woodley looks to be a powerful puncher so that could be a bad match up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lawler via Submission

darced wrote: »
    I was impressed with Kowalkiewicz in her last fight I think Rose is very beatable, must check out odds for that fight.
    She did well but her opponent was one of the TUF girls wheeled out to be beaten imo.
    Rose is beatable too of course, lost to Carla in the TUF finale.
    Rose is 2/5
    KK is 11/5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lawler via Submission
    Didn't McCall retire recently or am I imagining things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lawler via Submission
    Woodley did not deserve a title shot and really annoyed me the way he kept whining about it but that doesn't mean he won't win this fight. I think he's a bad styles matchup for Robbie, on top of that they train together so he'll know all about him. I know the same applies for Robbie but Robbies alot more one dimensional then Woodley who is really well rounded. Winning of the fight for Woodley is taking Robbie down but Robbie's TDD is superb. Really tough one to call this. Could go either way.

Lawler via Submission
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Woodley did not deserve a title shot and really annoyed me the way he kept whining about it but that doesn't mean he won't win this fight. I think he's a bad styles matchup for Robbie, on top of that they train together so he'll know all about him. I know the same applies for Robbie but Robbies alot more one dimensional then Woodley who is really well rounded. Winning of the fight for Woodley is taking Robbie down but Robbie's TDD is superb. Really tough one to call this. Could go either way.

I don't know too much about it but in embedded they said they have different gyms and never really trained together. Either way I don't see Robbie losing this one over 5 rounds. I think he'll come on strong late and Woodley will fade out. I'm going with a 4th round finish for Robbie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Lawler via Submission
    stephenl15 wrote: »

Not that I had heard.

On McCall, he always struck me as the kind of guy who is not 100% commited to fighting or reaching the very highest levels. The kind of guy that's just making a few quid doing something he enjoys but doesn't nessecarily love.

Does he have other professional interests?

I think Scoggins will handle him easily enough to be honest for a very one sided decision win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He was going to after nearly losing his bad after a really bad infection, such a nice bloke he was an absolute gent in Dublin. Glad to see him back his fights are always good.

Lawler via Submission
    I don't know too much about it but in embedded they said they have different gyms and never really trained together. Either way I don't see Robbie losing this one over 5 rounds. I think he'll come on strong late and Woodley will fade out. I'm going with a 4th round finish for Robbie :D

Tyron used to train at the ATT in Florida but now runs one in Missouri. He used to do all his camps at the Florida ATT. They know each other pretty well. They were in the Florida gym at the same time and Robbie actually got Tyron a fight on the Lawler/Shields Strikeforce card when he was only 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Uncle creepy has a share in a weed farm that he was considering leaving mma to tend to full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Lawler via Submission
    Zymurgist wrote: »
    Uncle creepy has a share in a weed farm that he was considering leaving mma to tend to full time.

Nice work if you can get it!!

• Advertisement

Lawler via Submission
    looks like Scoggins is out.

https://twitter.com/mmamadofficial/status/758804251220946944

Woodley via KO/TKO
    One of the fights I was looking forward to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Damn. Real shame for Scoggins and Ian McCall.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I still can't get my head around the guys stripping off for the fake weigh ins...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Lawler via Submission
    Guys will ufc 201 be available for virgin media customers to watch on bt2. As they are cancelling bt sports at midnight on July 31st I'm not too sure how this falls in giving the early morning viewing times for Irish an uk viewers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 The Codemaster

nails1 wrote: »
    Guys will ufc 201 be available for virgin media customers to watch on bt2. As they are cancelling bt sports at midnight on July 31st I'm not too sure how this falls in giving the early morning viewing times for Irish an uk viewers?

Of course - tomorrow night is still only 30th July in broadcast calendar, which goes from 0600 to 3000 hrs.

Lawler via Submission
    Does the main card still start at 3 yes? Considering there's one less fight. Half holding out hope that we've a half hour less to wait up for the title fight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Does the main card still start at 3 yes? Considering there's one less fight. Half holding out hope that we've a half hour less to wait up for the title fight :P
    Benoit vs Serrano has been moved from the fight pass premlims to the opening fight on the main card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lawler via Submission

Yep 3 start , they obviously were not going to leave a main portion of a PPV a fight short, Serrano/Benoit moved to main card. Matt Brown/Ellenberger fight seems your best possibility of getting to title fight a bit quicker :)

• Advertisement

Lawler via Submission
    Yep 3 start , they obviously were not going to leave a main portion of a PPV a fight short, Serrano/Benoit moved to main card. Matt Brown/Ellenberger fight seems your best possibility of getting to title fight a bit quicker :)

Matt Brown is an absolute warrior. Always a pleasure to watch that man fight.

Advertisement