Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Options

Comments

Did the trailer go a bit too spoilery and perhaps 'show us Doomsday' with some of the footage? Overall from the trailer, I'm pretty sure I and most could put together Peter/Spidey's full arc for the movie.

My own fault for watching of course, but I would have liked the plot point of
    gimme the suit back kid, you're not ready for it
    left until the movie. Yes, these kind of movies always have the early 2nd act
    setback, the fall to rise from
    but I would have preferred to avoid the specific details of it.

It looks nice, far easier on the eye than the other superhero movie trailer released over the last few days (JL). Which is a shame for me as someone who likes the characters in DC and would like to see those movies come together.

Anyway, I'm in. I've seen more than enough in that trailer to avoid the rest and wait it out until July.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Scarlet Spider (kinda :pac:) in a movie. I'm sold, even if it's not Ben Reilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Clip/Trailer from MTV Awards last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well given his work with a young cast in Cop Car, I'm glad to see Jon Watts has apparently translated that over to the MCU; that patter between Peter & co. felt authentic and fairly natural.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Is that Birdman in the trailers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Is that Birdman in the trailers :)

Michael Keaton yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Reading that tom Hardy is cast as venom in the standalone.
    Didn't known where is write this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Reading that tom Hardy is cast as venom in the standalone.
    Didn't known where is write this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057742881

Is it actually separate from the MCU? God I hope so, Sony poisoned Spidey in the end, they need to stay away from the MCU.

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057742881

Is it actually separate from the MCU? God I hope so, Sony poisoned Spidey in the end, they need to stay away from the MCU.

Yes its separate. Sony's Venom is an R rated stand alone deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

quazzy wrote: »

Awww jeezz, They gave Spiderman's suit an Iron Man 'Jarvis'?
    Seriously, Eff that.
    Spiderman is at heart about a teen relying on his wits and wits alone to navigate a very adult world in which he's a superhero. Now he has a billionaire mentor and 'Siri combat satnav', drones and auto deploying parachutes (I'm sure Mattel is delighted). Just when I thought sombody actually understood the character they were putting on screen and gave me some hope we'd finally see a really good Spiderman movie.... they dun fukked it all up.
    I was hoping that it would be more of a standalone like Deadpool or Guardians but now it's just looking like yet another two hour trailer for a bloody MCU Avengers fest starring Iron Man Jr.. Sigh.

conorhal wrote:
    Awww jeezz, They gave Spiderman's suit an Iron Man 'Jarvis'? Seriously, Eff that. Spiderman is at heart about a teen relying on his wits and wits alone to navigate a very adult world in which he's a superhero. Now he has a billionaire mentor and 'Siri combat satnav', drones and auto deploying parachutes (I'm sure Mattel is delighted). Just when I thought sombody actually understood the character they were putting on screen and gave me some hope we'd finally see a really good Spiderman movie.... they dun fukked it all up. I was hoping that it would be more of a standalone like Deadpool or Guardians but now it's just looking like yet another two hour trailer for a bloody MCU Avengers fest starring Iron Man Jr.. Sigh.
    If you've seen the trailer that came out before this you'll know that the suit and Spider-Man's reliance on it is a pretty important piece of the overall narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gotta admit.

i smiled a the parachute bit.

had that toy as a kid.

:D

dalabfoxyaaft2vpmsib.jpg

It's a bad poster (Sony are doing the marketing no surprise) but I would put real money on Zendaya 100% being on Mary Jane now, even though she said she wasn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That is a horrendous poster. Like, eye gougingly terrible. Nobody should be proud of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wish I hadn't watched the latest trailer. My own fault. Looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

One of the trailers is showing before Wonder Woman in cineworld. It's like 3D to the max! Could just be the trailer.. I remember being similarly impressed by the 3D used in cineworld for the trailer for Man of Steel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin Feige's poker face told a thousand words none of them good.

Very disappointed in that. The mess that is 'Sony' having ANY sort of influence on the MCU is just awful. This could very well be what takes the steam out of the MCU.

Amy does not come off as likable at all, nor interested in the characters. She is literally doing a "Mr. Burns" with her hands as she teases the thought of Tom Holland in the Venom movie. Telling too that she admires what MCU have done that fans "HAVE TO" watch each movie to follow the story.... like they might "HAVE TO" watch Sony's Venom as part of that.

There were plenty calling Fox a mess 18 months ago and here we are Logan and Deadpool later. Two films that absolutely would not have come out in the MCU. I'll give Sony the benefit of the doubt until I see Venom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

There were plenty calling Fox a mess 18 months ago and here we are Logan and Deadpool later. Two films that absolutely would not have come out in the MCU. I'll give Sony the benefit of the doubt until I see Venom.

I'd liken Fox more to a yo yo situation. Before Fantastic 4 you had Days of Future Past. After it you had Deadpool. They can get it spot on and woefully wrong.

I'm happy that Pascal has said this tbh. I'm sure Feige had to a) agree to it and b) having an older-than-Peter Eddie Brock is true to the source.

Only problem is that Brock's transformation into Venom will need a fairly significantly tweaked origin to bring it in sync with what the MCU is doing.

Yeh but didn't Apocalypse form the filling of that sandwich?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Yeh but didn't Apocalypse form the filling of that sandwich?

It did. I didn't say they were on a 100% strike rate just that they put out 2 of the better Comic book movies from the last 18 months. 2 movies that wouldn't have made it onto the screen under Disney. I'm keeping an open mind is all.

It did. I didn't say they were on a 100% strike rate just that they put out 2 of the better Comic book movies from the last 18 months. 2 movies that wouldn't have made it onto the screen under Disney. I'm keeping an open mind is all.

I'll keep an open mind too but I've a bad feeling about this deal Disney have made with Sony. That interview didn't do anything to help. What was the price Disney paid to get Spiderman back? Hopefully they'll prove me wrong though, that they are a company getting back on track, and they add a fresh take on the MCU.

Bacchus wrote:
    I'll keep an open mind too but I've a bad feeling about this deal Disney have made with Sony. That interview didn't do anything to help. What was the price Disney paid to get Spiderman back? Hopefully they'll prove me wrong though, that they are a company getting back on track, and they add a fresh take on the MCU.

The more I think about this the more crazy it seems that Sony are just allowed make movies set in the MCU w without any Marvel input. If this is the case then I would imagine there will be as minimal crossover as possible so as to allow fans to just disregard them as stand-alones. I doubt they will have any impact on the overall MCU arcs and they will probably be ignored in the Marvel films. Either that or Pascal is talking out her backside.

Considering how strong a position Marvel would have been in when the negotiations happened, I can't see how they would have ended up on the bad end of the deal. It would have been Sony who wanted the deal to happen more so than Marvel.

I think you can be fairly confident that Marvel would have more than enough power to stop anything they really don't like and won't let anything pass that could damage their own universe. They might make a bad film but that's about it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can't honestly imagine how Sony would have walked into discussions with any kind of negotiating clout. It had to have been Marvel dictating terms throughout; I'm sure they really wanted Spider-Man in the MCU, but not at any cost that could potentially damage the MCU. Sony can't buy a hit, no matter how hard they try and there's no way Marvel would let the poison their well.

Advertisement