Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Penn wrote: »
    What's his excuse for the 'Raindrops keep falling on my head' scene in Spiderman 2?

That sequence is excellent, it's so ridiculous but it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

What's his excuse for the 'Raindrops keep falling on my head' scene in Spiderman 2?

lol forgot about that, its not that bad though :p

Hard to fault it since its from the best Spiderman movie out :pac:

Here's the scene in all its glory for those wondering :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,266 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It wouldn't be as bad if not for that pause at the end where he's already started moving. It's just so bad...

It wouldn't be as bad if not for that pause at the end where he's already started moving. It's just so bad...

That's the point though, it's a super cheesy freeze frame, it goes perfectly with the music, the massive bite of the hot dog and all the other silly editing. It's a ridiculous scene, I agree, but it's supposed to be. I don't think it's bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jon Favreau joins as Tony Stark’s assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think hiring a professionally trained dancer to play Spider-Man is really going to pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭conorhal

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I think hiring a professionally trained dancer to play Spider-Man is really going to pay off

Hmmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm surprised at the hate for Raimi's first Spider-Man film. I love it. The second one is one of the best superhero movies ever made, IMO. Top ten certainly.

The least said about the third the better.

Each to their own I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the hate for Raimi's first Spider-Man film. I love it. The second one is one of the best superhero movies ever made, IMO. Top ten certainly.

The least said about the third the better.

Each to their own I guess.

I think it's mostly people hating on it after the fact for no legit reason, it was very well received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer will be attached to Rogue One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,112 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I didn't realise how much I missed Happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,112 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They've done a good job with that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Nerdgasm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Praying that this isn't going to be a teen angst movie. "I just wanna help", ****s everything up. Must redeem self and learn valuable lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Much excite!

fizzypish wrote: »
    Praying that this isn't going to be a teen angst movie.

But that's kind of what Spiderman is :p

Looks good to me, love the end shot with Iron Man. The boat scene looks incredibly similar to the train in Spiderman 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well that was incredible. What a shot

15337574_1447656935252069_2198438841096329470_n.jpg?oh=f30d7f1febdfda0dc5060eb1967f2fd3&oe=58BBB404

• Advertisement

Looks great but I'm wondering how it sells to people not already on board. All of us in this thread are pretty much already sold on this Spider-Man based on Civil War but what about those who don't follow the MCU and just see this as just another lazy reboot. Objectively it's a fairly mediocre trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks decent & TBH if there has to be High School Drama in it, at least Marvel cast actual teenagers (or actors who resemble kids anyway), than watching 28 year old Andrew Garfield skulking about the corridors.

Colour grading looks very washed out though, those earthbound Marvel films definitely have a flat palette bordering on the boring :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I liked the AT At in Peters bedroom a nice little nod to Civil War

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im not a huge spidey fan and ive got serious burnout from the constant reboots but even im jazzed by it.

actually looks like a bit of fun for once.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm not a huge Spiderman, nor Avengers fan, but it looks decent. I still don't think I'll head to the cinema for it.
    But Michael Keaton may convince me otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,914 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

whos the villian ???

where the hell do these guys keep coming from in the MCU ??? Thanos would eat all these villians for xmas lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

PTH2009 wrote: »
    whos the villian ???

where the hell do these guys keep coming from in the MCU ??? Thanos would eat all these villians for xmas lol

The Vulture

spiderman-16.nocrop.w529.h232.png

Also....Shocker!

NEm9gD699v13op_7_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

PTH2009 wrote: »
    whos the villian ???

Michael Keaton is the Vulture. The Shocker is on the wiki page as a villian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not much to go on but not a fan of this 'you're not ready yet'......'but I think I am and I'll show you' played out type of storyline. It'll be interesting to see if Keaton can give Marvel a really good villain, something there has been so few of in their movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Yeah me neither, I mean Peter started as the reluctant one with Tony being the aggressive recruiter, I can't buy them trying to flip that.

The school scenes look good however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭conorhal

im not a huge spidey fan and ive got serious burnout from the constant reboots but even im jazzed by it.

actually looks like a bit of fun for once.

:D

It looks like they've actually got it right on the third attempt, it's sort of a soft reboot with Spidey as a fledgling superhero, so they're casting aside the origin story, probably explaining it with a bit if exposition between Peter and Stark.
    This is a good thing, when BvS opened with the death of Bruce Wayne's parents I rolled my eyes, hard, they must be the most murdered couple in cinema history and there's really no need to tell an origin story that everybody's already familiar with a third time.

I've head the writers describe their take on Spiderman as a John Hughes comedy with comic book superheros and that feels like exactly the right tone and direction to go in.

On the whole I loved the trailer, I do have some concerns, there's the potential for 'villain overload', ever since Batman and Robin I've had a hard and fast '3 super-villains and I'm out' rule based on the fact that the multiple origins, motivations and screen time allotted to too many characters tends to leave a movie cluttered and incoherent. And then there's that final shot. Sure spiderman is strong, but holding a ferry together that's split in two and filling with water is Superman level strong and stretches my suspension of disbelief past it's breaking point.

The boat shot definitely feels like a lazy call back to the train in Spiderman 2. Everything else looks great.

It may not be for everyone but I'm delighted we're getting a Spiderman movie that seems a little more teen-drama focused, at least in the way Spiderman is supposed to be. Without that I feel he's just another superhero, being a child is what makes him different, especially in this universe where every superhero tells jokes so that won't make him special.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Two new posters!

vvv0nxtfzk5dqegkvwck.jpg

kx3mldipeeo20nx9ux1x.jpg

Should be getting a new trailer either this evening or tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/MarvelousRealm/status/845649056651251713

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

NUTZZ wrote: »

Also....Shocker!

NEm9gD699v13op_7_b.jpg

Poor Spiderman
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt7SJr83IdTgDhYupkzmWpCamOHlvnMBhvF7CixrYfsPpaUr6YbxcaXQ

Keaton looks great in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Looks great, very interesting to see the Tony Stark suit dependancy relationship theme continue through to Spiderman. It's obviously telegraphing that story here is about Spiderman finding his own way but it's just a neat organic continuation of the arc Tony Stark went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Just watched it. I'm in.

Did the trailer go a bit too spoilery and perhaps 'show us Doomsday' with some of the footage? Overall from the trailer, I'm pretty sure I and most could put together Peter/Spidey's full arc for the movie.

My own fault for watching of course, but I would have liked the plot point of
    gimme the suit back kid, you're not ready for it
    left until the movie. Yes, these kind of movies always have the early 2nd act
    setback, the fall to rise from
    but I would have preferred to avoid the specific details of it.

It looks nice, far easier on the eye than the other superhero movie trailer released over the last few days (JL). Which is a shame for me as someone who likes the characters in DC and would like to see those movies come together.

Anyway, I'm in. I've seen more than enough in that trailer to avoid the rest and wait it out until July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Scarlet Spider (kinda :pac:) in a movie. I'm sold, even if it's not Ben Reilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Clip/Trailer from MTV Awards last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well given his work with a young cast in Cop Car, I'm glad to see Jon Watts has apparently translated that over to the MCU; that patter between Peter & co. felt authentic and fairly natural.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Is that Birdman in the trailers :)

Is that Birdman in the trailers :)

Michael Keaton yes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Reading that tom Hardy is cast as venom in the standalone.
    Didn't known where is write this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Reading that tom Hardy is cast as venom in the standalone.
    Didn't known where is write this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057742881

Is it actually separate from the MCU? God I hope so, Sony poisoned Spidey in the end, they need to stay away from the MCU.

• Advertisement
Advertisement