Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hi

Ive owned an aldi tevion video camera/receiver (see link below) for several years and it was connected to the main TV and worked fine, but the interference from WiFi has become too much now and the picture has become very blurry to the point of not been able to recognise a persons face at my front door.

Would anyone be able to recommend a discreet indoor camera pointing out a window. I could run a coaxial cable to it if needed.
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.de/Tevion-%C3%9Cberwachungskamera-Infrarot-Security-FR-W304C/dp/B00QC9O3TC?language=en_GB

That's the best link I could find.
    have you NAS setup for recording or using dvr box ? a lot of good cheap wifi cameras out there can be setup with nas and remote connection,if got good wifi might suit -thou a bit of lag is an issue if not using cabled but saves on wiring if not exists, also remote capabilities over phone tablet etc makes it convenient,aside lag.
    just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Hi

Ive owned an aldi tevion video camera/receiver (see link below) for several years and it was connected to the main TV and worked fine, but the interference from WiFi has become too much now and the picture has become very blurry to the point of not been able to recognise a persons face at my front door.

Would anyone be able to recommend a discreet indoor camera pointing out a window. I could run a coaxial cable to it if needed.
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.de/Tevion-%C3%9Cberwachungskamera-Infrarot-Security-FR-W304C/dp/B00QC9O3TC?language=en_GB

That's the best link I could find.

If you not recording - would this do ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/English-Version-Original-Xiaomi-Mijia-Smart-Camera-720P-WiFi-Pan-Tilt-Camera-Night-Vision-Webcam-360/32845122890.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4b4d4c4dqFet0K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

hi, thanks for your help. I dont have recording set up but I would like to get that sorted too.

The most important thing for me is that it is always on and always connected to the tv so's i can switch over to it when there is a disturbance outside.

Can you get a wired system and it is connected to the internet too where you can access it remotely.

I'm asking for a wired system because it would be a better picture 1080p etc. Wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

hi, thanks for your help. I dont have recording set up but I would like to get that sorted too.

The most important thing for me is that it is always on and always connected to the tv so's i can switch over to it when there is a disturbance outside.

Can you get a wired system and it is connected to the internet too where you can access it remotely.

I'm asking for a wired system because it would be a better picture 1080p etc. Wouldn't it?

Get yourself an old Samsung phone, install IP Webcam and you'll have all the features you need. Motion detection, email notification, recording if you need and the list goes on. All accessible from anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Goid footage. How many megs are the cameras?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Goid footage. How many megs are the cameras?

Which post are you asking the question about the meg?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Have any of you dealt with...https://www.equicom.co.uk/200m-wireless-transmitter--receiver-for-cctv-cameras-165-p.asp

I am looking for something that is simple to set up and can be viewed on the tv and possibly phones at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

brownswiss wrote: »
    Have any of you dealt with...https://www.equicom.co.uk/200m-wireless-transmitter--receiver-for-cctv-cameras-165-p.asp

I am looking for something that is simple to set up and can be viewed on the tv and possibly phones at a later stage

Waste of time. Get someone who knows what they are at. Go with IP cameras and get it connected up to your broadband and view the cameras over the internet on your phone or tablet. Are your sheds near your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Have any of you seen this ad or dealt with this guy .....

Marketplace› Facebook
    Household
    Wireless Security Camera System 1080P WiFi Video NVR with 2 Wireless Mini Bullet IP Outdoor Cameras
    Drogheda, · over a week ago ·
    €165
    1 x 4-Channel 1080P NVR + 2 x 720P Wireless Bullet IP Cameras (you can upgrade to 1080P camera)... More

More Map
    Seller Information

Miroslav Kay
    Joined Facebook in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

brownswiss wrote: »
    Have any of you seen this ad or dealt with this guy .....

Marketplace› Facebook
    Household
    Wireless Security Camera System 1080P WiFi Video NVR with 2 Wireless Mini Bullet IP Outdoor Cameras
    Drogheda, · over a week ago ·
    €165
    1 x 4-Channel 1080P NVR + 2 x 720P Wireless Bullet IP Cameras (you can upgrade to 1080P camera)... More

More Map
    Seller Information

Miroslav Kay
    Joined Facebook in 2012

Is that the full price includes fitting?

Couldn't be licenced....

• Advertisement

Where is best online to buy strong 18650 batteries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Is that the full price includes fitting?

Couldn't be licenced....

For that price it would be ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Where is best online to buy strong 18650 batteries ?

Not online. Aldi

10 for 35 euro. Samsung INR 25r

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Hi guys,
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Bought the "home protector" security cameras and dvr box from Aldi a few weeks ago. I can connect to the box using the AD Cloud app that was recommended in the instructions, but i'd also like to be able to connect to the box from my computer. I've been completely unable to the box from a web browser or the VMCMS app that i installed.

I've assigned a static ip to the box.
    There are 3 ports mentioned in the "network" section of the os on the box.
    HHTP: 80
    Server Port: 5000
    Mobile Port: 5001

Has anybody successfully managed to connect to the box via PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hi guys,
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Bought the "home protector" security cameras and dvr box from Aldi a few weeks ago. I can connect to the box using the AD Cloud app that was recommended in the instructions, but i'd also like to be able to connect to the box from my computer. I've been completely unable to the box from a web browser or the VMCMS app that i installed.

I've assigned a static ip to the box.
    There are 3 ports mentioned in the "network" section of the os on the box.
    HHTP: 80
    Server Port: 5000
    Mobile Port: 5001

Has anybody successfully managed to connect to the box via PC?

What network settings have you entered?

IP - obviously on the same range as the router/modem?

DNS - Google's are good to use 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (secondary)

Gateway - Router's address

Using just those should get your device online from your home network.

alta stare wrote: »
    What network settings have you entered?

IP - obviously on the same range as the router/modem?

DNS - Google's are good to use 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (secondary)

Gateway - Router's address

Using just those should get your device online from your home network.

I've tried the above, along with port forwarding and updating my firewall.
    Still no luck.
    It's possible at this point that the box is locked down only for use with the mobile app provided or being directly logged onto the box itself

I've tried the above, along with port forwarding and updating my firewall.
    Still no luck.
    It's possible at this point that the box is locked down only for use with the mobile app provided or being directly logged onto the box itself

Once you have to connected to your router/modem and you have done the above you should be able to reach it.

If you go to your browser search bar and input your dvr address like this for example 192.168.1.200:80

Bascially input your dvr ip then the :80 at the end. Try that.

Once you have to connected to your router/modem and you have done the above you should be able to reach it.

If you go to your browser search bar and input your dvr address like this for example 192.168.1.200:80

Bascially input your dvr ip then the :80 at the end. Try that.

Yeah, i've done all that to no avail. It's working fine on the phone and i'm just going to buy a long HDMI and run it to the tv in the bedroom instead. That'll provide me with everything I need.

Yeah, i've done all that to no avail. It's working fine on the phone and i'm just going to buy a long HDMI and run it to the tv in the bedroom instead. That'll provide me with everything I need.

Is it that you cannot connect to the recorder or is it that you cannot see the pictures?

Is it that you cannot connect to the recorder or is it that you cannot see the pictures?

I cannot remotely connect to the box from my computer, via web browser.
    Don't worry about it though. Thanks for trying to help, but i can live with my existing setup. This would have been a nice to have, more than a necessity, and i can't pour any more time into this

• Advertisement

I cannot remotely connect to the box from my computer, via web browser.
    Don't worry about it though. Thanks for trying to help, but i can live with my existing setup. This would have been a nice to have, more than a necessity, and i can't pour any more time into this

Is the box a Philex box? I notice the IP addresses need to be put in as the following ie 192.168.001.200. I had a look at the manual for that box and i seen that format.

Have you done it that way?...i presume you have? Just trying to think what else it could be as it is pretty straightforward when it is on your home network.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hi all,

Was looking to purchase the Ring Spotlight Cam battery as someone made off with my bike, we've also had some other shinanigans about lately.

Are these any good, is there better ones, or would wired ( power be much better ) ?

Thanks
    Rob

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was looking to purchase the Ring Spotlight Cam battery as someone made off with my bike, we've also had some other shinanigans about lately.

Are these any good, is there better ones, or would wired ( power be much better ) ?

Thanks
    Rob

A wired system would be better. Personally and professionally i use either HIKvision or Dahua.

deckie27 wrote: »
    Not online. Aldi

10 for 35 euro. Samsung INR 25r

Saw the battery chargers in Aldi , but can't find any batteries there

Advertisement