Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Draft 2/15,000:)

Cech
    Shaw Morgan Stones(City/Chelsea player)
    Payet Siggy Townzend Lamela
    Aguero Ibra Wilson

Jakup- Cedric Fletcher Paredes

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

skippy15 wrote: »

Cech
    Aguero Ibra Wilson

I am going to like any team I see with Kun and Ibra up front
    So I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

skippy15 wrote: »

Cech
    Aguero Ibra Wilson

Cedric may not start GW1 due to Euro and wasn't nailed end of last season due to Martina (shineon will be along shortly with a #JusticeFor). I would downgrade to a 4.5m.
    Lamela has never convinced me as a FPL prospect but he did have good form to end the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Did a very quick half-arsed first draft last night:

Myhill DDG

Cathcart Gabriel PVA Fuchs Browning

Firmino Siggy Spacecraft Nolito Fletcher

Aguero Zlatan Borini

Not happy with that at all tbh – defence will need major surgery and a I think I’ll have to make a call between either Kun or Zlatan :mad:

Early days yet but also have no Spurs, no West Ham,no Southampton, no Arsenal attack and no Vardez :pac::pac::pac:

Haven’t seen Vardy or Mahrez in many draft teams so far – are we all assuming that they’re going to plateau this season??

Edit: probably looking at either a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

First draft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm seeing Townsend in a few teams. I know it's early days, but I'm not so sure based on the fact that there's so many similar players at CP, Sako, Zaha, Bolasie being the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm seeing Townsend in a few teams. I know it's early days, but I'm not so sure based on the fact that there's so many similar players at CP, Sako, Zaha, Bolasie being the others.

Is he worth the extra 0.5 over Bolasie I'm wondering? Also is there any love for Stewart Downing at 5.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Latest draft, thoughts?

f9c0d78636164f5e7d4273dfdecfab6a.png

I've heard Watson may not start, so probably safer to go with Capoue as your 4.5m Watford mid. Otherwise, team balance looks good besides not having a second big captaincy option outside of Man City

I've heard Watson may not start, so probably safer to go with Capoue as your 4.5m Watford mid. Otherwise, team balance looks good besides not having a second big captaincy option outside of Man City

Oh didn't realise that, will have a look thanks. Yeah not many decent captaincy options but I have faith in Mkhitaryan and think he'll do well in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Latest draft, thoughts?

f9c0d78636164f5e7d4273dfdecfab6a.png

Not much rating going on in this thread , but this one has a nice big picture so I'll go ahead...

You share 9 players with me so I like it. I've also got Mickey Ryan as VC for week one. Watford have a difficult start so maybe an alternative to watson (not sure who though). Lukaku is Lukaku - too risky for me to start with and who knows how Belgium's bad Euros willl affect him. The same for Bolasie -- he's streaky.

So, a couple of risks but they could pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

pollocks wrote: »
    First draft

Since I'm in the mood for rating...

A powerful attack except maybe for Can. I can't get into the site at work but there must be a better alternative to him surely? Maybe you're a Liverpool fan and know more than i do but he doesn't look like a FPL prospect. Otherwise the attack is really good.

Defence suffers, obviously. Last year DDG got a good few clean sheets but few save points and bonuses. I think you could downgrade him (e.g. Butland, Foster) and beef up defence. I fear for Sunderland and would avoid PVA for a few weeks. Watford have a hard start so avoid Prodl. Is Tarkowski nailed on? Mccauley and Wollscheid are solid picks. I'd consider a Boro defender (Friend is popular) and upgrade others to Everton/Southampton or even higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

First proper draft. It's very rough but I just want to get a feel for where I may be overlooking:

Heaton
    Shaw Terry Friend
    Hazard Mkhi Siggy Townsend
    Kun Long Costa

Foster Paredes Evans Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Here's draft number 1:

Wk9IFTW.jpg

Goalkeepers:
    If you're not going with say De Gea then Foster and Heaton is too sweet a prospect to ignore. Perhaps Jakupovic of Hull at 4 if he's a starter.

Defenders:
    4.5 x 5 = Great Success (and I'm not talking about the Watford lad). Simply applying early season defensive unreliability and budget constraints coupled with a quite frankly ridiculous number of options at 4.5.

I swore I'd never have Souare again and I doubt he'll remain but if Palace don't start well then they're screwed working on the Pardew effect.

Robertson is another PVA. Easy choice and a solid weapon to come off a bench.

Fernandez/Swansea. It makes perfect sense if any rotation doubts are put to bed.

Oooh Friend. I know nothing about him but he seems to be in everyone's team.

Kone. Yup that's not how you spell PVA. Big Sam going could be an issue but you'd fancy Moyes to keep things tight if he's the replacement. PVA is likely to fall in price before he rises and I might have to wait. That's Mr. SensibiliP talking though.

Midfield:
    Silva hasn't even got scant mention at 9.0 which is a very nice price. KDB may be costly an no guarantee to outscore Silva early doors.

Ayew you serious? Yeah I think he'll start well like last season. Possibly 7.5 spent better but he could be Swansea's main forward?

Spacecraft naturally gets an inclusion.

Fabregas is a 7.5 placeholder in this team. Chelsea inclusion is necessary but who?

Capoue is the 4.5 placeholder. Nuff said.

Forwards:

Aguero.

Zlatan because I like heavy hitting forwards and I don't trust Kane/Spurs to have a fast start.

Big Rom as it's a new start with Koeman and like Pelle I never felt the raw hatred for him.
    _______

Tasty little squad innit?

Cheap defenders allowing an expensive front line. I'm a believer in Gray already thanks to Busts though so an easy downgrade is possible.

Like an team it'll change but I'd be shocked if the price of my defence went up. Players will change though. Baines/Chelsea/Shaw and an elusive 4.0 mmay tempt that though.

Here's draft number 1:

Wk9IFTW.jpg

Goalkeepers:
    If you're not going with say De Gea then Foster and Heaton is too sweet a prospect to ignore. Perhaps Jakupovic of Hull at 4 if he's a starter.

Defenders:
    4.5 x 5 = Great Success (and I'm not talking about the Watford lad). Simply applying early season defensive unreliability and budget constraints coupled with a quite frankly ridiculous number of options at 4.5.

I swore I'd never have Souare again and I doubt he'll remain but if Palace don't start well then they're screwed working on the Pardew effect.

Robertson is another PVA. Easy choice and a solid weapon to come off a bench.

Fernandez/Swansea. It makes perfect sense if any rotation doubts are put to bed.

Oooh Friend. I know nothing about him but he seems to be in everyone's team.

Kone. Yup that's not how you spell PVA. Big Sam going could be an issue but you'd fancy Moyes to keep things tight if he's the replacement. PVA is likely to fall in price before he rises and I might have to wait. That's Mr. SensibiliP talking though.

Midfield:
    Silva hasn't even got scant mention at 9.0 which is a very nice price. KDB may be costly an no guarantee to outscore Silva early doors.

Ayew you serious? Yeah I think he'll start well like last season. Possibly 7.5 spent better but he could be Swansea's main forward?

Spacecraft naturally gets an inclusion.

Fabregas is a 7.5 placeholder in this team. Chelsea inclusion is necessary but who?

Capoue is the 4.5 placeholder. Nuff said.

Forwards:

Aguero.

Zlatan because I like heavy hitting forwards and I don't trust Kane/Spurs to have a fast start.

Big Rom as it's a new start with Koeman and like Pelle I never felt the raw hatred for him.
    _______

Cheap defenders allowing an expensive front line. I'm a believer in Gray already thanks to Busts though so an easy downgrade is possible.

Like an team it'll change but I'd be shocked if the price of my defence went up. Players will change though. Baines/Chelsea/Shaw and an elusive 4.0 mmay tempt that though.

Similar thinking to myself
    Robertson especially ! I'm worried now though with them having so many injuries but he was a dinger of an attacking full back the year they went down
    And I do like an attacking full back !

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    First proper draft. It's very rough but I just want to get a feel for where I may be overlooking:

Heaton
    Shaw Terry Friend
    Hazard Mkhi Siggy Townsend
    Kun Long Costa

Foster Paredes Evans Fletcher

Good first draft. Not sure about Paredes, he's almost guaranteed to drop in price if not starting so I'd look for another solid 4.5 pick there. Would prefer Gray to Long as well. Doubling up on WBA is risky too but your call on whether to go with that.

Tasty indeed! Liking the punt on Robertson, he's a raider down that left flank so will chip in with the odd assist every now and again. Not going for Ibra, prefer Mkhitaryan myself but I'm wary that Zlatan could get off to a great start.

It's differential central but shrewd differentials like Ayew and Silva who is a good alternative to those who don't want/can't afford KDB.

Yeah I'm an advocate for Gray as well, think he'll do well. Lukaku to Gray may be an option to upgrade the defence or midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wasn't as difficult as I thought to build a reasonable team with Kun and Zlatan. Only my first pass, not that happy with defence all having favourable fixtures atm.

FPz5X87.png

Have stayed out of this thread till I had a chance to tinker even a little. Had a cool original idea to go for Zlatan and Aguero. Fitted Hazard in too. And Firmino.

Check out the thread and first team I see is practically the same. Damn you Ziegler!! :D

FHFC wrote: »
    Have stayed out of this thread till I had a chance to tinker even a little. Had a cool original idea to go for Zlatan and Aguero. Fitted Hazard in too. And Firmino.

Check out the thread and first team I see is practically the same. Damn you Ziegler!! :D

I'm a little worried by this Mourinho quote:

Kaveh Solhekol ‏@SkyKaveh 10h10 hours ago
    Mourinho on why Zlatan is not in China: "My decision is based on his physical condition, which is different to his personality & thoughts."

But will be watching the Community Shield closely. I'd rather start with someone like Zlatan that will be highly owned and I'd be happy captaining GW2 then downgrade if he flops.

I'm a little worried by this Mourinho quote:

Kaveh Solhekol ‏@SkyKaveh 10h10 hours ago
    Mourinho on why Zlatan is not in China: "My decision is based on his physical condition, which is different to his personality & thoughts."

But will be watching the Community Shield closely. I'd rather start with someone like Zlatan that will be highly owned and I'd be happy captaining GW2 then downgrade if he flops.

Yeah. Theres a chance he could come charging out of the blocks and be very explosive and I'm reluctant to risk missing that boat, and he can be downgraded to anyone.

Some good quotes on Zlatan in this interview with Jose in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/21/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-zlatan-ibrahimovic-juan-mata?CMP=share_btn_tw

So his motivation is high. His body is amazing. On Sunday he is going to start a specific programme we have prepared before he joins our group on the Thursday so he has five days just for him. So I expect he is going to be very good for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

De Gea
    Valdes

Morgan
    McAuley
    Williams
    PVA
    Cresswell

Fletcher
    Payet
    Antonio
    Arnautovic
    Kante

Long
    Zlatan
    Aguero

Too much in defence, too light in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

De Gea
    Valdes

Morgan
    McAuley
    Williams
    PVA
    Cresswell

Fletcher
    Payet
    Antonio
    Arnautovic
    Kante

Long
    Zlatan
    Aguero

Too much in defence, too light in midfield?

Yep you hit the nail on the head. Too many expensive (5+) defenders.

Two defensive mids in Fletcher and Kante who are unlikely to offer much.

Most people tend to play three at the back. I would think two defenders above 5 is enough. Plenty of options at 4.5, have a look at some other teams for ideas. This will allow you to upgrade the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Latest attempt

Mandanda, Jako
    Mee, Williams, Morgan, Friend, 4.0
    Firmino, Mkhytarian, Alli, Payet, Bolasie
    Lukaku, Aguero, 4.5

Not too chuffed with the defense but I suppose it could be worse given the budget. Front 7 I like the look of (Bolasie I'd have slight reservations about but for a 6M option with Palace's opening set of fixtures he makes sense). Full budget used up

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I've seen Baines in a few teams, is there anything to suggest he'll be back scoring or at his best again?

Dónal wrote: »
    I've seen Baines in a few teams, is there anything to suggest he'll be back scoring or at his best again?

Absolutely nothing !

Took a pen GW38 with Lukaku on pitch. Koeman had a good defensive record at Soton so hoping he can turn Everton around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    Absolutely nothing !

I'm pretty sure he was back on penos at the end of last season and they'll be better defensively with Koeman in charge so I wouldn't call that nothing.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was back on penos at the end of last season and they'll be better defensively with Koeman in charge so I wouldn't call that nothing.

He has shown no form in almost 2 years though
    Constantly injured and not getting any younger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I guess there's hope he's fit, in a more solid team defensively under koeman and he's not priced at 7.0/6.5.

He was picking up attacking points towards the back end of the season too wasn't he, at least sporadically?

Advertisement