Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Options
  • 19-07-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭

FPL is live so now the tinkering can begin!

First draft:

Courtois Jakupovic
    Baines Shaw Evans Friend Francis
    Mkhitaryan KDB Hazard Fischer Hojbjerg
    Aguero Long Gray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FPL is live so now the tinkering can begin!

First draft:

Courtois Jakupovic
    Baines Shaw Evans Friend Francis
    Mkhitaryan KDB Hazard Fischer Hojbjerg
    Aguero Long Gray

Martial and Fab should be in every team.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    Martial and Fab should be in every team.

Martial as a midfielder is certainly tempting but I prefer Mkhi at the same price to be honest. Fabregas over Hazard you reckon?

Martial as a midfielder is certainly tempting but I prefer Mkhi at the same price to be honest. Fabregas over Hazard you reckon?

Interesting that the price list gas Mkhi at 8.5 wonder if that was a also minute change! At the same price Martial for me until we see what he can do in the Premier league. 7.5 for Cesc is just too good to pass up on. Same with Costa if they draw a blank up front in the transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Remember Martial was at the Euros until the final. He didn't play much but will still need a rest to recharge and will join the squad late. He's not going to China so will only have the last friendly in sweden before the season starts (same for Zlatan btw). I've got Mkhitarayan in for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Interesting that the price list gas Mkhi at 8.5 wonder if that was a also minute change! At the same price Martial for me until we see what he can do in the Premier league. 7.5 for Cesc is just too good to pass up on. Same with Costa if they draw a blank up front in the transfer market.

Problem with martial is he went so late into the euros
    He may not start the season and I always WC early......he cud see an early price drop or 2

• Advertisement

Fab at 7.5 is great value but he'll more than likely be playing in a deep role. He does chip in with lots of assists though so that's a big upside to owning him. I think Mkhi will adapt well to the league. He may take a few games to settle but I think over the course of the season he'll score more than Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Remember Martial was at the Euros until the final. He didn't play much but will still need a rest to recharge and will join the squad late. He's not going to China so will only have the last friendly in sweden before the season starts (same for Zlatan btw). I've got Mkhitarayan in for the moment.

We'll also have the Charity Shield and I think we'll learn a fair bit from that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wasn't as difficult as I thought to build a reasonable team with Kun and Zlatan. Only my first pass, not that happy with defence all having favourable fixtures atm.

FPz5X87.png

Wasn't as difficult as I thought to build a reasonable team with Kun and Zlatan. Only my first pass, not that happy with defence all having favourable fixtures atm.

FPz5X87.png
    I LIKE
    :D
    Hazard to fab could help improve defence

The abundance of cheap defenders this year certainly makes things easier.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I LIKE
    :D
    Hazard to fab could help improve defence

I'm planning to have a ~10m midfielder to make a Sanchez transition possible in two moves, Hazard is one I'd really like to fit in unless I decide Kun+KDB double up is irresistible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My Auto select team had Bentekkers in it, they even gave him the armband... hopefully not a sign of the season to come.

I'm planning to have a ~10m midfielder to make a Sanchez transition possible in two moves, Hazard is one I'd really like to fit in unless I decide Kun+KDB double up is irresistible.

I've had a stab and I think I will be going with both aguero and zlatan :D
    It is entirely possible to have a more than Decent defence
    If Sahko and Gabriel for example get their spit they are only 5ml each

I is happy now

PARlance wrote: »
    My Auto select team had Bentekkers in it, they even gave him the armband... hopefully not a sign of the season to come.

If he moves he will be in my team
    Ideal scenario would be both himself and mata moving
    Would be massive value both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Very first attempt. Undoubtably gonna change but there is a lot of value to be found. Abundance of defence options and there's certainly value in midfield. May consider ibra but I'll wait and see. Happy enough with is as a first draft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Very first attempt. Undoubtably gonna change but there is a lot of value to be found. Abundance of defence options and there's certainly value in midfield. May consider ibra but I'll wait and see. Happy enough with is as a first draft

Nice team and lot who i am considering.
    bench can always be tidied up closer but may wait till wc to get kun in.

skippy15 wrote: »
    Nice team and lot who i am considering.
    bench can always be tidied up closer but may wait till wc to get kun in.

Cheers. Undoubtably changes to be made but I like it. And I just can't resist kun captain GW1.

Not sure about Costa. Would prefer Mkhitaryan to Martial and Wasilewski will probably not play as Leicester have recently signed a new defender. Other than that, it looks good.

Not sure about Costa. Would prefer Mkhitaryan to Martial and Wasilewski will probably not play as Leicester have recently signed a new defender. Other than that, it looks good.

Costa is easily the most susceptible to be changed atm. He is good value if he starts up top though. A toss up between mkhitaryan and martialbut Martials experience edges it atm. All I can think about is kagawa. Wasilewski is the only 4m who seems to be starting gw1 atm. A lot will change as things become clearer though

Costa is easily the most susceptible to be changed atm. He is good value if he starts up top though. A toss up between mkhitaryan and martialbut Martials experience edges it atm. All I can think about is kagawa. Wasilewski is the only 4m who seems to be starting gw1 atm. A lot will change as things become clearer though

I don't think Wasi will start. They signed a new defender, Hernandez from La Liga. It's likely to be him and Morgan to start the season I'd say.

• Advertisement

I don't think Wasi will start. They signed a new defender, Hernandez from La Liga. It's likely to be him and Morgan to start the season I'd say.

Cheers Didn't even realise they had. The quest to find a starting 4m defender continues

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

First draft. Glad that FPL is back! :D

2wluadz.jpg

E: Of course I hope that Benteke finally lands in CP or WHU.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rough first draft

Mandanda, Jako
    Shaw, Azpi, Alder, Morgan, 4.0
    Firmino, Coutinho, Payet, Alli, 4.5
    Ibra, Gray, Benteke

The best value will again be in midfield I reckon. Benteke there on the proviso he joins Palace. Ibra a bit overpriced but I think he'll deliver and will be on pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

First draft:
    Courtois/Jakupovic
    Bellerin/Evans/Targett/Wolly/Shaw
    KDB/Fab/Siggy/Fischer/Hojberg
    Aguero/Costa/Long

0.5m to spare..might bring in Tore or Feghouli from West Ham. 5.5m for either, I reckon they'll be the cheap mids this season. Fast, pacy wingers at West Ham is perfect.

Anyone know if Courtois or KDB are expected back late?

Anyone know if Courtois or KDB are expected back late?

KDB isn't going on the China tour: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/barclays-premier-league/story/2914521/manchester-city-to-rest-kevin-de-bruyne-for-international-champions-cup-games
    Although neither is Zlatan for ManU so not sure I would read too much into it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A team with Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Hazard, De Bruyne and Mkhitaryan is the dream. I'm trying, but I think it's virtually impossible realistically. One has to go, and it's Mkhitaryan for me at the moment.

Paully D wrote: »
    A team with Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Hazard, De Bruyne and Mkhitaryan is the dream. I'm trying, but I think it's virtually impossible without gutting the defense.

No way would that be possible I'm afraid. 5 players above 9.5m just isn't feasible for picking even a semi-decent squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

No way would that be possible I'm afraid. 5 players above 9.5m just isn't feasible for picking even a semi-decent squad.

Challenge accepted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Challenge accepted :)

+ Spacecraft...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    A team with Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Hazard, De Bruyne and Mkhitaryan is the dream. I'm trying, but I think it's virtually impossible realistically. One has to go, and it's Mkhitaryan for me at the moment.

Are you that sure about Hazard being needed?

Advertisement