Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's It

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

A lot of the stuff in the book simply would not work, or could not be shown on tv.

Yeah....like the little kiddies orgy towards the end :rolleyes:
    Read the book for the first time recently and thought it was good, not great, until I read that section. Just laughed and closed the book never to finish it. Totally ridiculous and unnecessary from King, no point to it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I have higher hopes foe this than I do for the dark tower, excellent trailer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This looks genuinely scary. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

The sewer scene with the boat didn't look as good or creepy as the original but aside from that everything else looked on point, IT always had serious potential for a great film, its looking promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Didn't the book end with an orgy of sorts?

I believe a 'train' is the preferred nomenclature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not a fan of the new look at all, it's pretty clear which is scarier if you ask me. Tim Curry's original was just flat out creepy, had a real demented touch of pedophile to it or something like that, that just made you feel... uneasy, watching him. The new one looks like a CGI'd version of Chucky.

latest?cb=20140913064150

00002124511pennywise.jpg

file_741959_chucky.jpg

it looks nothing like chuckie.go to specsavers instead of the movies might be a better option.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Trailers have been good. Fingers crossed the quality carries over to the final film.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's a fantastic trailer I have to say.

I still see Tim Curry as Pennywise thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

I've never seen the original IT...(shock horror!), but this looks great!

• Advertisement

I've never seen the original IT...(shock horror!), but this looks great!

Aside from Curry its fluckin awful tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Holy ****! what a trailer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Been reading on reddit that the Georgie scene will be very graphic ... :( I kind of hope not, I can't deal with violence against kids on film, even though I loved the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Looking forward to this even more now. Loved the book and the original movie. Hope this lives up to the excellent trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Liked that trailer more than the first..

.. looks mighty good!

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Been reading on reddit that the Georgie scene will be very graphic ... :( I kind of hope not, I can't deal with violence against kids on film, even though I loved the book.

Mainstream movies rarely show the killing of a child so it will be interesting to see how it's handled. Georgie has a particularly brutal death so it could be a tough scene to watch.

The only onscreen death of a child I can remember is in murder set pieces which has a graphic stabbing of a pre teen in it thst was shown in full on screen.

It's something that is very much a taboo subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barbara Muschietti one of the producers said in an interview that they tried to get Tilda Swinton to play Pennywise but she had scheduling issues and wasn't available for the shoot.

That would have been a very interesting cast and I think might have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's a nice Easter egg re: Curry's Pennywise in one scene in the trailer. I'll link to the image rather than post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 16 figure8

Does anyone know if they are doing the whole sneak preview thing before Annabelle : Creation (and specifically if Cineworld are showing it)? In American cinemas they are showing the drain scene with Georgie prior to the Annabelle, I'm hoping (but doubt it) that cinemas here are doing the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

figure8 wrote:
    Does anyone know if they are doing the whole sneak preview thing before Annabelle : Creation (and specifically if Cineworld are showing it)? In American cinemas they are showing the drain scene with Georgie prior to the Annabelle, I'm hoping (but doubt it) that cinemas here are doing the same

Saw Annabelle tonight in the IMC and there was only a trailer... Wouldn't want to be watching that scene as a preview myself because it would ruin watching the film next month. Its such a pivotal scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Bebopclown

That footage is terrifying! I might not be able to handle this one ��. What makes it so scary is the clown doesn't come off as frightening at all in it. More playful and happy, it's like a total 180 of what we've seen so far. The fact that it comes off as so friendly in this sequence makes it 10 times more frightening. It's played a lot better than it was in the mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tried watching the original, thought it was pretty bad. Wooden acting, slow. Perhaps it was good in its day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Heisenbug

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Tried watching the original, thought it was pretty bad. Wooden acting, slow. Perhaps it was good in its day.

Yeah those things are way more noticeable now, but loved it as a kid so I still enjoy the odd rewatch of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,962 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus Wept wrote: »

Nah. It wasn't even good in its day.

Tim Curry is fine, but it was typical TV fare of the time. Pretty insipid.

I still think Curry's Pennywise is much, much better than the one in this thing though and I'm not hoping for much to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Tony EH wrote: »
    I still think Curry's Pennywise is much, much better than the one in this thing though and I'm not hoping for much to be honest.

Bit early to be making that judgement though isn't it? I mean, we've seen glimpse in a few trailers. Kinda like how Ledger was going to be terrible as the Joker... and then wasn't.

I'm talking about looks.

Tim Curry's does it for me. Skarsgard's doesn't.

Just comes across as trying too hard to be scary, instead of just being scary.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'm talking about looks.

Tim Curry's does it for me. Skarsgard's doesn't.

Just comes across as trying too hard to be scary, instead of just being scary.

How he behaves, expressions, mannerisms etc in the context of various scenes will determine the look to a large extent so I would be less inclined to judge purely on looks.

True. But, I just don't feel anything for it at the moment.

• Advertisement

Fair enough :) I understand your point.

Advertisement