Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's It

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

His body shape looks creepy, I can imagine his dangley legs dancing around In the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The original scared me beyond belief when I was young (friends brother babysat me when I was about 5 or 6 when it was new to rent, and watched the fecking thing!), but we re-watched last summer and it's right near the top of the so-bad-it's-good list, absolutely fecking comical at times. All the lads perving on the one woman was just too much, especially the scene where (if I recall) they're basically wrestling each other to massage her. :pac:

That said, doubt anyone is going to top Tim Curry - the was fantastic in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Endaaaagh wrote:
    Didn't the book end with an orgy of sorts?

It was more of a gangbang actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not a fan of the new look at all, it's pretty clear which is scarier if you ask me. Tim Curry's original was just flat out creepy, had a real demented touch of pedophile to it or something like that, that just made you feel... uneasy, watching him. The new one looks like a CGI'd version of Chucky.

latest?cb=20140913064150

00002124511pennywise.jpg

file_741959_chucky.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

As always with still images and even with trailers at times, I'm not going to get too worked up. Far too early to form an opinion.

One thing I have noticed though by following the film on social media is that the kids playing the Losers Club seem to be spending a lot of time together. Someone involved in the production actually used Stranger Things as a comparison (ironically both productions share an actor) so if they can get the camaraderie right among them then that's half the battle.

Bill Skarsgaard obviously has a lot resting on his shoulders. I'm familiar with his work so only time will tell on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

kSGN2b2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Supposedly a set pic of the Leper (played by Javier Botet).

smash wrote: »
    I've never read the book and I've wondered this myself. It's like Stephen King had a time limit on his book deal and rushed through the ending with the first crap that popped in to his head.

As much as it pains me to say it, Stephen King can't consistently write good endings. :(
    Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Didn't the book end with an orgy of sorts?

Nah, that was more or less the exact middle ... let's have sex and swear a blood oath to come back to Derry if It comes back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

The clown isn't even in the book that much. It mostly takes on other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Nah, that was more or less the exact middle ... let's have sex and swear a blood oath to come back to Derry if It comes back :)

It's been a few years since I read it but I'm pretty sure that it does happen at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

ps3lover wrote: »
    The clown isn't even in the book that much. It mostly takes on other forums.

After Hours would crush It.

Bacchus wrote: »
    After Hours would crush It.

Pennywise to AH: kiss me fatboy(s).

Suas11 wrote: »
    It's been a few years since I read it but I'm pretty sure that it does happen at the end.

Well it happened when they were kids but the way the timeline jumps back and forth it could have been mentioned near the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I hope this movie won't be a disappointment.
    I seen the remake of The Fog recently and it was really bad.

The original It movie was really good.

Some modern movies are so generic and lack imagination.

Been years since I read the book but as far as I remember it really falls to bits towards the end and has some just weird bits (and not creepy weird, how much blow had king put up his nose to write it weird)

King often can't write an ending: IT (film) sucked, The Stand's
    hand of god
    rubbish, Dark Tower
    asking the reader to stop 3 pages before the end and make up their own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

King often can't write an ending: IT (film) sucked, The Stand's
    hand of god
    rubbish, Dark Tower
    asking the reader to stop 3 pages before the end and make up their own

Under the Dome is another perfect example. Turns out
    the dome was just some alien playground toy and the human were like ants to them, just watching them suffer. So the resolution was to share some sob-story and beg to be let free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I hope this movie won't be a disappointment.
    I seen the remake of The Fog recently and it was really bad.

The original It movie was really good.

Some modern movies are so generic and lack imagination.

I think this is going to be the generic and lacking in imagination type of horror you don't want it to be. Cary Fukunaga dropped out because that is what the studio wanted and he was trying to do different things with it. They want the usual jump scares and horror set pieces so I'm not going to have high expectations for this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

I didn't read IT yet, but I read 11/22/63 in which there was a couple of the IT kids. I really looking forward to see how the new film portrays them!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

I never read this book, at what age does it portray the kids, and do they talk of derry and IT

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

1. They won't beat Tim Curry

2. They won't have the er...guts? to keep King's (frankly fucked up) "ending" in 1958.

3. They'll screw it up and make Pennywise not scary by trying to hard to make him scary. He's supposed to be a "cross between Bozo and Clarabell".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

Santan wrote: »
    I never read this book, at what age does it portray the kids, and do they talk of derry and IT

A substantial part of 11/22/63 is set in Derry and the main character, Jack/George, meet Richie Tozier and Bev Marsh after the facts narrated in IT. They only touched on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

ScottScott wrote: »
    I didn't read IT yet, but I read 11/22/63 in which there was a couple of the IT kids. I really looking forward to see how the new film portrays them!

I envy you, it's all ahead of you - no book gives a better character development then It.

It's like you personally know each character in that book, I have read that book 4 times and always feel so sad at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I saw some pictures with a poster
    MISSING: RICHIE TOZIER

Sorry what ???

Book readers will know this never happened, he is a huge character I really hope they don't go too astray here ...

Fack I was hoping for a trailer.

Some footage was shown at a convention recently. There's descriptions of the footage out there for those interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

ps3lover wrote: »

Is it me or is that sewer opening awful big?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I've never read the book but I have been listening to the audible audio book over the last while. It's pretty epic. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Considering the length of the story and character development I'd question how a single movie couod do it justice. It lends itself more to a mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

They'll have to cut the heart and soul out of it to fit it into even a 3 hour film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Just don't think that new clown face is scary.

Too forced and predictable.

Advertisement