Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 23 Finale: Team Joanna v Team Claudia (Includes TUF 23 Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jimmii wrote: »
    Not doubt it's possible but seeing the fight as a draw seems a bit of a stretch is all.

Which part do you think is a stretch. The 10-8 for Joanna, or Rd 3 for Claudia? I'm think the latter, but not sure.

Most of the media scores are the same as the judges. More posters here sound like they gave Claudia rd3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah you are right, Doctor stopped it. I remember he only hung on for bell. But it must have been the 2nd round. That was a 10-7 for me as it should have clearly been stopped.

Found out from google that Quarry/Starnes from UFC83 had a 30-24 score from 1 judge, so must have been a 10-7 in that. I can't recall the fight off the top of my head to say. Other judges scored it 30-26 & 30-27

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Which part do you think is a stretch. The 10-8 for Joanna, or Rd 3 for Claudia? I'm think the latter, but not sure.

Most of the media scores are the same as the judges. More posters here sound like they gave Claudia rd3

Maybe I put too much into the striking difference I thought rd3 was definitely for JJ she was hopping out of the takedowns pretty quickly and obviously had a big edge in the striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭xtal191

Gadelha via KO/TKO
    Great fight, delighted Joanna won.

So who would be next for a shot? Maybe the winner of Rose and Karolina Kowalkiewicz?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Gadelha via Decision
    Devastator wrote: »
    Found out from google that Quarry/Starnes from UFC83 had a 30-24 score from 1 judge, so must have been a 10-7 in that. I can't recall the fight off the top of my head to say. Other judges scored it 30-26 & 30-27

30-24 could be three 10-8's couldn't it? Or is my maths off? *

*wouldn't be the first time

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    30-24 could be three 10-8's couldn't it? Or is my maths off? *

*wouldn't be the first time

No your maths is not wrong, but it could also be 2 10-7s & a 10-10....but the most likely scenario would be 10-9,10-8 & 10-7 rds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Gadelha via Decision
    No your maths is not wrong, but it could also be 2 10-7s & a 10-10....but the most likely scenario would be 10-9,10-8 & 10-7 rds

Had a look at the sherdog play by play for this fight. All three sherdog guys scored it 30-27. Whoever that judge was must have been related to quarry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Wanted Claudia to win, but Joanna definitely was the winner in my eyes.

8-10
    9-10
    10-9
    10-9(maybe even 10-8)
    10-8 IMO

The state of them at the end told a major story. Claudia exhausted and punchdrunk. Joanna could have gone 5 more. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

OMFG fight pass video wouldnt allow me to skip ahead (for the second day in a row), fine i says I'll watch every fight. Get to the gadelha fight, hit fullscreen and it goes back to the start... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Mellor wrote:
    Edit: I disagree with the result but pretty easy to see how somebody arrived there. A poster here had the same scorecard.

Me lol, it was a weird fight Joanna looked way better but I still scored it that way

• Advertisement

Gadelha via KO/TKO
    OMFG fight pass video wouldnt allow me to skip ahead (for the second day in a row), fine i says I'll watch every fight. Get to the gadelha fight, hit fullscreen and it goes back to the start... FFS

Its a joke, was doing my head in yesterday

xtal191 wrote:
    Its a joke, was doing my head in yesterday

Log onto fightpass click menu in top left click fightpass then previous events click jj vs Claudia. It will then start the broadcast but ignore that scroll down a bit instead to the fightcard click a drop down arrow it will show all fights on card and a option to "watch" beside each fight, this will skip to the fight you want.

And yes that is ridiculously complicated welcome to FightPass.

That's probably a 10-7, but impossible to know for sure.

This one for sure;
    Forrest Petz def. Sam Morgan Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–26, 30–23)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night_6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I haven't read any reaction at all to the fight and have just caught up with it now.

I scored it 48-47 to Gadelha (I gave her rounds 1, 2 and just about 3) but would be okay with 48-47 to Joanna either (rounds 3, 4 and 5). I'd be fine with a 10-8 for Gadelha in round 1 due to the knockdown, but don't think there's enough for a 10-8 in any other round.

What's the general consensus?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Log onto fightpass click menu in top left click fightpass then previous events click jj vs Claudia. It will then start the broadcast but ignore that scroll down a bit instead to the fightcard click a drop down arrow it will show all fights on card and a option to "watch" beside each fight, this will skip to the fight you want.

Oh right, that's correct thanks, ill know for the future. The embedded one in the video didnt work

That's probably a 10-7, but impossible to know for sure.

This one for sure;
    Forrest Petz def. Sam Morgan Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–26, 30–23)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night_6

Came across this little site, so if you think of any others check them out

http://mmadecisions.com/

Gives judges scores for a lot of fights but only round breakdowns for more recent events. Pretty good for checking out a certain judges' history aswell, eg checking scores for the judge who gave 30-27 against 2x 28-29 scores on the RDA/Alvarez card....good to see out of recent fights that seems to be a 1 off crazy score from that guy.

Paully D wrote: »
    I haven't read any reaction at all to the fight and have just caught up with it now.

I scored it 48-47 to Gadelha (I gave her rounds 1, 2 and just about 3) but would be okay with 48-47 to Joanna either (rounds 3, 4 and 5). I'd be fine with a 10-8 for Gadelha in round 1 due to the knockdown, but don't think there's enough for a 10-8 in any other round.

What's the general consensus?

Felt Gadelha had the first two rounds (not sure about a 10-8 there), the third i'd have to watch again, but the last two definitely joanna's, although i'm not sure she got a 10-8 either. I was blown away by Joanna's cardio, gadalha was dead on her feet! Joanna was teeing off in the last 2 rounds. Great fight though

Loved watching choi, as soon as i saw him smiling at the weigh ins i was thinking

he was so relaxed in the cage

Joanna landed more significant strikes in Round 4 (69) than Claudia did the entire fight (63)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think Gadelha's cardio was poor? She was in trouble in terms of cardio after 2 rounds and dead on her feet after the 3rd, but I guess her body type and game plan aren't best matched to championship rounds and an opponent who looked like she could still be fighting now without tiring.

Gadelha must be so frustrated. She beat Joanna in the first fight for sure and would have had her hand raised last night over 3 rounds, yet has 2 L's and it's difficult to make that fight again for the UFC for the foreseeable future.

We all know by now that you can never say never in this sport but it's hard to see Joanna being dethroned for a long time. Namajunas might be best placed via a submission if she gets past Kowalkiewicz, but the chances of getting close enough to Joanna to execute it without getting KO'd are bleak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

For as good a striker Joanna is Cardio played a huge part in that win, claudia wasnt being outclassed for the first 3 rounds actually surprised me with some nice elbows and right hands over the top,cardio is king.

The same happened for me with the two events over the previous couple of days, but when I tried it again in the evening it was fine. I guess it just takes them a bit of time to get that working.

A hint - if you have the app on your phone it works a treat and allows you to skip ahead. As mentioned above it wouldn't allow me to do so via my computer, but worked perfectly on my phone and that was at 7am. :)

Even that wouldn't work for me when trying to go through Thursdays fights it was driving me crazy! I ended up watching fights on my phone much easier to navigate on mobile bizarrely they should put the mobile team on to the website!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Oh right, that's correct thanks, ill know for the future. The embedded one in the video didnt work

No bother and believe it or not this is the streamlined version it used to be even more complicated

Paully D wrote:
    Anyone else think Gadelha's cardio was poor? She was in trouble in terms of cardio after 2 rounds and dead on her feet after the 3rd, but I guess her body type and game plan aren't best matched to championship rounds and an opponent who looked like she could still be fighting now without tiring.

I thought it was shocking cardio.

jimmii wrote:
    Even that wouldn't work for me when trying to go through Thursdays fights it was driving me crazy! I ended up watching fights on my phone much easier to navigate on mobile bizarrely they should put the mobile team on to the website!

The whole system is ponderous to be honest

The whole system is ponderous to be honest

It really is. Hopefully it's something that is sorted out "if" the sale happens. You would have to think anyone buying would look at it as being a revenue stream that has been underutilised to date.

• Advertisement

Gadelha via KO/TKO
    jimmii wrote: »

Wouldn't work for me either, had to download it in the end.

Advertisement