Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 23 Finale: Team Joanna v Team Claudia (Includes TUF 23 Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Worthy winner. Pure domination for the second half of that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And she retains. Can't really argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

score that 3 rounds to 2 for claudia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gotta say I really don't agree there

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Gotta say I really don't agree there

100% claudia fell off in the last 2 but the first 3 were hers

• Advertisement

No way she gets a fight at MSG, there's nobody big enough to face her on such a huge card. Only VanZant has a big enough name over there but she's nowhere near ready as a fighter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Not sure how anyone can seriously give Claudia the nod there,she got absolutely schooled for 15 minutes when it mattered 2 good rounds aint good enough to take the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I don't agree with those scores at all.

Depp wrote:
    100% claudia fell off in the last 2 but the first 3 were hers

That's where I had it anyway undoubtedly Joanna last 2 rounds but Gadelha defo first 2 and I had her win 3rd as well

I must watch the 3rd round again thats the key round 1 and 2 no doubt claudias,4 and 5 easily Joannas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

2 good rounds, then Lost the last 3, clearly, good call on points, Even her corner told Claudia she needed to win 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Gadelha via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can seriously give Claudia the nod there,she got absolutely schooled for 15 minutes when it mattered 2 good rounds aint good enough to take the belt.

Yup. 4 and 5 were total domination by Joanna. Both 10-8 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Can't really argue that the 4th or the 5th weren't 10-8s. 10 minutes of Claudia being lit up on the feet over and over again. The 3rd round was very close. Right woman won though.

Gamebred wrote:

I give Claudia rnd 3 as well, where either of last 2 rnds 10-8 maybe.

Anyway doesn't matter but I don't agree with it.

Jedrzejczyk via Submission

Yeah the clear winner there was Joanna (I bet on Claudia) but some of the judges scores were a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭The White Feather

One judge had it 48-45 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Joanna landed some great shots. Claudia needed to do more to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I can't give Claudia round 3, she ate close to 50 shots and landed less than 10. The odd takedown doesn't outweigh the damage Joanna handed out.

Slowly but surely the takedown is losing the high points it used to get and I'm glad.

4th was maybe a 10-8 but 5th wasnt imo,Joanna was closer to finishing her than Claudia her 2 rd's of domination she hardly looked like she was gonna stop the champion did she?

Fromvert wrote:
    I can't give Claudia round 3, she ate close to 50 shots and landed less than 10. The odd takedown doesn't outweigh the damage Joanna handed out.

She landed alot of shots in 3 alot where just fast jabs though I don't think Joanna did a lot of damage in 3.

4 and 5 different story tho.

One judge had it 48-45 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Joanna landed some great shots. Claudia needed to do more to take it

Yeah, and it was by no means a ridiculous score.

Joanna 9-10 Claudia
    9-10
    10-9
    10-8
    10-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Im of the opinion if you take someone down you better do some damage cos claudia sure as hell wasn't trying to land subs, and got well outstruck round 3, Joanna brought her out to the deep and Claudia couldn keep going

Gadelha via Decision
    Yeah the clear winner there was Joanna (I bet on Claudia) but some of the judges scores were a joke.

If you give the nod to Joanna Which scores were a joke do you think? What way would have scored the rounds?

There at least one 10-8 round there.

She never really took mount or back control either in them grappling exchanges Joanna has a terrific anti ground game scooting to the cage and surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Amazing fight though. Would happily watch the third. Hard to know what they do with Gadelha now though. She's easily number 2 to Joanna imo.

She never really took mount or back control either in them grappling exchanges Joanna has a terrific anti ground game scooting to the cage and surviving.

yeah was super surprised with joannas ground game to be fair

I could easily see first 3 rounds 10-9 to Claudia and last 2 10-8 to Joanna as well tho.

I just felt Claudia was 3 up and round 4 was not 10-8 5 defo was tho.

But as I said I'm not upset over it I just don't agree

Every Judge gave the 4th round 10-8,was she even dropped or in any trouble of being finished? hard to know what a 10-8 means exactly.

Good card overall to be fair, dont know how many times ill say to myself ''I wont bother staying up for this one I'll just watch the prelims and go to bed'' ''oh look, the sun!'' :D

Gadelha via Decision
    What did Claudia actually do to make people think she won the third round besides get the head boxed off her and not capitalise on a takedown.

• Advertisement

Every Judge gave the 4th round 10-8,was she even dropped or in any trouble of being finished? hard to know what a 10-8 means exactly.

The official definition according to the UFC site:
    a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

Those last two rounds certainly fit the description. Can't have any arguments about it.

Advertisement