Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Jofspring wrote: »
    I had it from my fathers eir account but it knocked off last week. I reactivated it but it then knocked off his multi-room box. It seemed to transfer over from his multi room box to my sky box instead of being activated on all three. Has that been happening anyone else? Two boxes max?

You will have to re activate all the boxes again. Eir's systems got wipped for some users.

Just enter the new sky cards again and all will be fine.

Mine is gone this evening so will have to ring them in the morning, i switch the sky box off at night, not sure if it made any difference to it stopping?

No difference.

Don't even bother ringing them, just enter the sky card details online again.

And all will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Jofspring wrote: »
    I had it from my fathers eir account but it knocked off last week. I reactivated it but it then knocked off his multi-room box. It seemed to transfer over from his multi room box to my sky box instead of being activated on all three. Has that been happening anyone else? Two boxes max?

Maybe I'm not reading the above correctly, but can I get eir Sports through my eir broadband subscription added to 2 separate Sky boxes (2 separate accounts)?

Currently I have it activated on my own Sky box but it would be great if I could get it added to the parents Sky account too.

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Steak wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not reading the above correctly, but can I get eir Sports through my eir broadband subscription added to 2 separate Sky boxes (2 separate accounts)?

Currently I have it activated on my own Sky box but it would be great if I could get it added to the parents Sky account too.

Yes you can, log into your eir account online and just enter their sky card number.

Be active in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Steak wrote: »

Yup, as shmeee confirmed just log in and enter the Sky card numbers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I think things might get more appealing as i see today on UK sites that Boxnation is joining the BT Sports pack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Mickalus wrote: »
    I had the channel on on the TV (with the 'you need to subscribe' thing showing - no actual picture)
    Went upstairs to the PC, entered in the viewing card # on the Eir website, went back downstairs and the channels were all live.
    Easy as that. :)
    Fantastic, greatly appreciate the help! Ill try it later so :D
    Any joy?

Finally got around to trying to set it up and when I go to eir Sport 1,2 or the BT channels I get
    "This is the wrong card for this set top box. Insert the correct viewing card. Call 0818 _______ for assistance"

I guess Ill have to call Eir on their premium number to get the right viewing card. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭cletus

I had the channel on on the TV (with the 'you need to subscribe' thing showing - no actual picture)
    Went upstairs to the PC, entered in the viewing card # on the Eir website, went back downstairs and the channels were all live.
    Easy as that. :)
    Fantastic, greatly appreciate the help! Ill try it later so :D
    Any joy?

Finally got around to trying to set it up and when I go to eir Sport 1,2 or the BT channels I get
    "This is the wrong card for this set top box. Insert the correct viewing card. Call 0818 _______ for assistance"

I guess Ill have to call Eir on their premium number to get the right viewing card. :mad:

I had the same issue, got onto Eir, they told me they couldn't do anything (they did try) and that I'd have to contact sky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pair the card to the box yourselves.
    Connect the box to internet/phone
    press services 0 0 1 select on remote
    Select first time installation from the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hello447

I keep getting ''Error details: System.Exception: 3222 an error has occurred''

I've tried reinstalling firefox, reinstalling silverlight and nothing is working. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

I've tried reinstalling firefox, reinstalling silverlight and nothing is working. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hello447 wrote: »

Might need plugin if you don't have it already...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-silverlight-plugin-play-audio-and-video

batistuta9 wrote: »

I was on to them for 20 minutes, they tried numerous times to pair but were unsuccessful.

I was on to them for 20 minutes, they tried numerous times to pair but were unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

cletus wrote: »
    Out of interest where do you call now for support for eir. Is it still the premium rate Scottish call centre?

I have silverlight installed

I had the same issue, got onto Eir, they told me they couldn't do anything (they did try) and that I'd have to contact sky

Ah crap :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

01Surveyor wrote: »
    It doesnt say anything about business users not being entitled to eir sport.....why cant you access it?

Business users would need a commercial subscription (few hundred euro a month) so business broadband customers don't get it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Drop them an email here

cs@eirsport.paywizard.com

The normal operators in Eir have nothing to do with Eir sports. After I emailed them, they sent me out a viewing card for my sky box. Once I received that, I emailed them to pair my new card to my sky box.

It was pretty simple

Did you try it yourself?

• Advertisement

Out of interest where do you call now for support for eir. Is it still the premium rate Scottish call centre?

I called 1901, went to tech support and had them connect me. Didnt cost me anything that way

Did you try it yourself?

The age of the box (no WiFi) and the position of my router relative to my TV would make it difficult to try it myself.

Do you think it would be worth the hassle, as in, be more likely to be successful than whatever eir sport did?

Del007 wrote: »
    Drop them an email here

cs@eirsport.paywizard.com

The normal operators in Eir have nothing to do with Eir sports. After I emailed them, they sent me out a viewing card for my sky box. Once I received that, I emailed them to pair my new card to my sky box.

It was pretty simple

Great :D Fingers crossed it works:o

The age of the box (no WiFi) and the position of my router relative to my TV would make it difficult to try it myself.

Do you think it would be worth the hassle, as in, be more likely to be successful than whatever eir sport did?

If you can manage it yeah, it's by far the easiest way. Takes about a minute.

You're getting that message on all channels, not juat eir ones, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just waiting for the day when my Eir/BT Sports curls up and dies on my Sky box - I took out an 12 month subscription about a year ago. I was intending forking out for another annual subscription but have just remembered that my brother has Eir broadband and phone, but not Eir TV - and he has zero interest in Eir/BT sports and anyway, he has his TV with Virgin. Could I use his Eir account to get Eir/BT sports on my for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

vienne86 wrote: »
    Just waiting for the day when my Eir/BT Sports curls up and dies on my Sky box - I took out an 12 month subscription about a year ago. I was intending forking out for another annual subscription but have just remembered that my brother has Eir broadband and phone, but not Eir TV - and he has zero interest in Eir/BT sports and anyway, he has his TV with Virgin. Could I use his Eir account to get Eir/BT sports on my for free?

Yep,
    just get him to log into his Eir account and add your viewing card number to his acc.
    There are full instructions on the Eir site in the FAQ section IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is there a way to get Eir TV without broadband or a phone line with them?

Checked before and it seemed a little confusing

How much would it be? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nalz wrote: »

Do you mean Eir Sports / BT Sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Nalz wrote: »

No, Eir TV is broadband based, they don't have a satellite service like Sky. You need to have Fibre broadband or they won't offer it to you. Sky is the service for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

loughrey wrote: »
    No, Eir TV is broadband based, they don't have a satellite service like Sky. You need to have Fibre broadband or they won't offer it to you. Sky is the service for you

If you have a dish and a Sky viewing card, you can subscribe to Eir sports - €225 for a 12 month committment or €25 per month.

Advertisement