Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just got a phone call offering me another 12 months for €129. I'm due to be switched off tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

vienne86 wrote: »
    Just got a phone call offering me another 12 months for €129. I'm due to be switched off tomorrow.

129 for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Del007 wrote: »
    129 for what?

Eir and BT Sport package for the year. I got the same call even though I'm now an eir customer and don't need to subscribe to them anymore. Used that offer for the past 2 years.

They bring out an offer around now, a Black Friday deal. Good value if your not an eir customer.

At the moment the Eir Sport package is €225 a year or €25 p/m.

so €129 is a no brainer if your thinking of joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

vienne86 wrote: »

Yea, mine is up some of these days, had a missed call from done 0818 number that I assume is Setanta customer service. Don't think I'll bother this time, but isn't bad value if the mix of sport suits you, and no boll1xing about calling them every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Mine is coming to an end shortly also. Must say I would be very tempted to take another 12 months at that price. Great for Motorsport.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

shmeee wrote: »
    Eir and BT Sport package for the year. I got the same call even though I'm now an eir customer and don't need to subscribe to them anymore. Used that offer for the past 2 years.

They bring out an offer around now, a Black Friday deal. Good value if your not an eir customer.

At the moment the Eir Sport package is €225 a year or €25 p/m.

so €129 is a no brainer if your thinking of joining.

Ya I got that call as well today. Apparently there are about 1000 of us on that offer and they are giving everyone on it the chance to renew for another 12 months for that price. I wouldn't have paid full price for it anyway, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Can someone confirm if they have an android box hooked up to their tv that eir sports app works with in the last month or so?

Just looking to see which device i should get I dont want to use my laptop to view these channels anymore and i have the extra slot to be able to add another device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

rogercross wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if they have an android box hooked up to their tv that eir sports app works with in the last month or so?

Just looking to see which device i should get I dont want to use my laptop to view these channels anymore and i have the extra slot to be able to add another device

This works on MINIX u1. You need to reboot MINIX before watching. The app somehow knows there is HDMI connected, rebooting cleared this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

givecredit wrote: »
    This works on MINIX u1. You need to reboot MINIX before watching. The app somehow knows there is HDMI connected, rebooting cleared this information.

Thanks for the quick response, is this the only option or would other android boxes work too, MINIX u1 is a pricey piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dom84

rogercross wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response, is this the only option or would other android boxes work too, MINIX u1 is a pricey piece of kit

I have a MxQ and the app doesn't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm using the mk808b plus

Its cheap as chips, and runs the app fine, although in the beginning there were issues, but Eir seem to be sorting them out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've the Minix x8 and it works. Only mobile resolution though. Must try turning the minix off first as suggested previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭micks_address

whiterebel wrote: »
    I've the Minix x8 and it works. Only mobile resolution though. Must try turning the minix off first as suggested previously.

Are eir sports offering a deal today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I only clicked into this thread to see if the same thing happened to me, i had BT Sports months ago, (but am still getting it,but probably jinx it now :()

But knew it was finished the week b4 football started, as if everyone knows when you cancel setanta, they do like to twist your arm in staying!

Well when i clicked on it recently i thought WTF i'm still paying for it, rang up Setanta, to find my sub did finish in Aug, went in to my local bank just to confirm it & true enough i'm not still paying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I only clicked into this thread to see if the same thing happened to me, i had BT Sports months ago, (but am still getting it,but probably jinx it now :()

But knew it was finished the week b4 football started, as if everyone knows when you cancel setanta, they do like to twist your arm in staying!

Well when i clicked on it recently i thought WTF i'm still paying for it, rang up Setanta, to find my sub did finish in Aug, went in to my local bank just to confirm it & true enough i'm not still paying for it?
    So you're still getting BT Sports but you aren't paying for it, is that correct?

Are you getting the Eir sports channels also? If so are you an Eir customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

muffler wrote: »
    So you're still getting BT Sports but you aren't paying for it, is that correct?
    Hi Muffler, Strange but yeah :confused:
    Are you getting the Eir sports channels also? If so are you an Eir customer?

Yeah, I thought did i recently move over to Eir without knowing it, but no, still with Sky.

But Sssshhh about it ;)

Probably get turned off soon:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭cletus

Don't worry, its not like you announced it on some form of worldwide superfast information relay system, nobody will ever know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Can this be activated with an eir home phone only account or is broadband required?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

sgarvan wrote: »
    Can this be activated with an eir home phone only account or is broadband required?

Broadband required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is offer still on
    Or the offer for yearly sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I messaged them on their FB last week asking for the black Friday offer on one year for E129. I was told sorry no, then half hour later they said yes please submit phone number and we call but I never bothered. I already have a monthly sub that expires in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

They are willing to give discounts on the €225 if you negotiate...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭micks_address

Arciphel wrote: »
    They are willing to give discounts on the €225 if you negotiate...

Im thinking I'll probably cancel the subscription for the summer months anyway so it probably work out around the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Prob better off just to have it like.

Was told it's 225 now

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I messaged them on their FB last week asking for the black Friday offer on one year for E129. I was told sorry no, then half hour later they said yes please submit phone number and we call but I never bothered. I already have a monthly sub that expires in January.

Any monthly offers now

Has anyone got BT running on a Sky Q Mini Box?

Is it a matter of ringing BT directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

shmeee wrote: »
    Has anyone got BT running on a Sky Q Mini Box?

Is it a matter of ringing BT directly?

Apparently it costs like €15 extra or something crazy to add it to the mini box.

Apparently it costs like €15 extra or something crazy to add it to the mini box.

I'm just off the phone to Eir Sport.

It can't be added on if you are part of the FREE BT offer with Eircom.

Only way around it is to pay the €25 a month sub, then €10 a month for the extra box. So €35 it would cost.

What a load of bollox to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Farce.

they let ya add a multi room before via viewing card ( where you could easily give a friends Sky card number and share the bill) yet they jack up the price on a true multi room box via Sky Q. Logic.

Advertisement