Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is this still a thing? Where do I sign up to get eir sports package with my Sky box?

Is this still a thing? Where do I sign up to get eir sports package with my Sky box?

If you are an eir customer you can add your sky card to your account online and about 2 mins later BT etc will work on your skybox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If you are free sat with a slot on your stb will they give you a viewing card. I read you could but didn't get anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Stoner wrote: »
    If you are free sat with a slot on your stb will they give you a viewing card. I read you could but didn't get anywhere

What's an 'stb'?

I had Eir broadband and a sky box with no sky subscription. They sent me out a sky viewing card for that

• Advertisement

What's an 'stb'?

I had Eir broadband and a sky box with no sky subscription. They sent me out a sky viewing card for that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Del007 wrote: »
    What's an 'stb'?
    Set Top Box

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Del007 wrote:

Yeah the viewing card. Did you just request it?

Del007 wrote:

Yes, If you ring them and ask for viewing card they will send you one. When you get it you need to ring again so they can match the card with your Sky Box. (It has to be a Sky Box)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

givecredit wrote: »
    Yes, If you ring them and ask for viewing card they will send you one. When you get it you need to ring again so they can match the card with your Sky Box. (It has to be a Sky Box)

Can you remember what number you rang?

I am fairly certain that it has to be a sky box with a paired card and that it won't work with any other type of stb. A sky card without a subscription can still be paired to a sky box but not to another type of stb. So in other words if you had an old skybox your could request a card and pair it but the card will not pair to your freesat stb and therefore won't clear the channels.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Can you remember what number you rang?

It's over a year ago since I did it. I got 3 cards sent to me at the time. You need to have your eirsports account set up. You can do that bit online. Then you ring eirsports with your account details. Your eirsports account no, not your eir account number.
    I think if you have the version no of sky box etc, give them these details at time of ordering card, you will not need to ring them again after receiving card. I'd recommend the single tuner sky HD non recordable box. I bought them last year new for around 35 euro on eBay. Now I've BT HD and eir HD on 3 boxes.

I had a similar query recently about adding an additional card and was told by a service rep to call 0818 20 30 40. Lines open 10 - 6 Mon - Fri and 9 - 6 Sat.

Email the address below. They will get a new card sent out to you and they will also activate the new card with your box. If you need another box or more onto your account then they will add it.

cs@eirsport.paywizard.com

givecredit wrote:

Excellent thank you. It won't suit my one so . Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone ever sort out how to view Eir Sport on a Sky Q mini box without having to pay to add it onto the box.

Currently just streaming to a chromecast from the Eir Sport App.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Eir charge extra for a Sky Q mini box unfortunately. No way to do it. Farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

shmeee wrote: »
    Anyone ever sort out how to view Eir Sport on a Sky Q mini box without having to pay to add it onto the box.

Currently just streaming to a chromecast from the Eir Sport App.

Yeah just go into eir app and add the number that’s on the sky card in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yeah just go into eir app and add the number that’s on the sky card in the box.

There is no sky card in the Sky Q mini box, this is the problem and when I rang up a few months back they told me I had to pay for it but should be getting it free as an Eir customer.

They said they would try and sort it shortly but still no join it seems.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    There is no sky card in the Sky Q mini box, this is the problem and when I rang up a few months back they told me I had to pay for it but should be getting it free as an Eir customer.

They said they would try and sort it shortly but still no join it seems.
    If you have a dish with a Sky box (no Sky sub needed) then Eir will arrange for a a viewing card to be sent to you. If you dont have a Sky box then you can pick one up cheaply enough on Adverts.ie for example.

if you dont have a dish and cabling in place then it would be too expensive to get that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Del007 wrote: »
    Email the address below. They will get a new card sent out to you and they will also activate the new card with your box. If you need another box or more onto your account then they will add it.

cs@eirsport.paywizard.com

How do they activate the card with the sky box?
    Does the sky box have to be connected to the internet?

Thanks

How do they activate the card with the sky box?
    Does the sky box have to be connected to the internet?
    The activation is done by Sky afaik and no need for an internet connection. The signal is sent via the dish.

muffler wrote: »
    The activation is done by Sky afaik and no need for an internet connection. The signal is sent via the dish.

Is the Sky box the only way to get the bt channels in hd other than paying eir for its tv service?

It is a shame they don't offer the casting in hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Is the Sky box the only way to get the bt channels in hd other than paying eir for its tv service?

It is a shame they don't offer the casting in hd.

Casting to chromecast is HD

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Casting to chromecast is HD

Are you sure?
    I thought it was somewhere between SD and HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Are you sure?
    I thought it was somewhere between SD and HD?

Ah, could be, I just know it's significantly (miles) better watching a cast than watching SD on satellite. Can't check, as I only have SD bt, eir etc on satellite.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's HD on Chromecast. At least 720P.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Its also at least 1 minute behind on via the chromecast.. So anybody who gets annoyed by that you will know what to expect. Just in case you get messages off your mates when a goal has been scored

• Advertisement

It's HD on Chromecast. At least 720P.

Full HD is 1080p

Better than the picture on tv3 and tg4 anyway.

Advertisement