Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hey,

Reading the info below in the link, does this allow people to add Eir Sports account against more than one viewing card number? Has anyone used their Eir account for more than one viewing card?

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/sky#qa3404

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Luap wrote: »
    Prob a stupid question but. My brother has eir broadband and tv and I have sky is there anyway of getting the channels onto the skybox even though he has them on his box already?

Cheers.

I have mine working this way through my dads eir broadband/tv account.
    Get your brother to log into his eir acc and he can add your viewing card number from there.
    Full instructions on the eir site and mine was active after about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Hey,

Reading the info below in the link, does this allow people to add Eir Sports account against more than one viewing card number? Has anyone used their Eir account for more than one viewing card?

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/sky#qa3404

You can, read the thread from post #243, lots of info from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'm getting mixed messages here. You either need an old sky card or eir can send you a card for a sky box if you don't have one. Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭swoofer

It can be confusing, an old sky card means a card that had a sub to setanta sports or an irish card that had a sky sub BUT the card must be irish, a uk card wont work. And apparrently the new sky cards are red!! hence the use of old!! If you dont have such a card ring eir sport and they will post you out one.

Now I have been given an old sky card that was cancelled and I could not get it to update via the website. To ring eir is a right pain and I have 2 already so I have given up.

Clear now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm thinking of switching from Virgin to Eir, how is their TV offering? You still get a box from them that you hook up to your TV etc etc? I really miss the sports channels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Mickalus wrote: »
    Any joy?

Yeah, just have him enter in your sky viewing card number and it should work fine.
    **plenty of people are doing it, but I'll leave it upto you to check the legal mumbo jumbo, in case that breaches any T&C's....

Havent got around to it yet, redecorating the house :( Hoping to do it this weekend anyway

swoofer wrote: »
    It can be confusing, an old sky card means a card that had a sub to setanta sports or an irish card that had a sky sub BUT the card must be irish, a uk card wont work. And apparrently the new sky cards are red!! hence the use of old!! If you dont have such a card ring eir sport and they will post you out one.

Now I have been given an old sky card that was cancelled and I could not get it to update via the website. To ring eir is a right pain and I have 2 already so I have given up.

Clear now!!

Rang eir sports on 0818203040 and they are indeed sending em a viewing card.

Thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Thanks for posting the number there. I just rang and ordered my viewing card also.

It was a bit strange as although the broadband is in my parents name he wanted to set up the EirSport account in my name as it wouldn't make a difference he said once it was verified that 'it was an eircom broadband household'.

Does this sound right to people? I suppose I didn't really expect Eir and Eir sport to be separate and require two separate accounts for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,769 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ever since I took avail of this offer I've has 19.08 added to my broadband bill for over usage . I never had that before, in fact I believe my broadband was unlimited , was always the same price, but two months in a row I've had the exact amount of over usage which comes to 19.08, the price that BT sports would be ironically . Last bill was 170 euro. 45 of that for broadband, it's 0.70 of a MB speed also.

• Advertisement

Got the card yesterday. Rang them today (took about 15 mins in a premium call) and all is hunky dory now.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I signed up on Saturday for just the Sir Sports and BT sports I'm an existing sky customer only. I just signed up with my smartphone inputted my sky card number and was up and running in minutes. I intend on stopping it after Xmas. Anyone know how to close it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

I dont have a sky viwing card(old or new), but i do have a sky hd plus box lying around. If i ring eir can i get a viwing card for it or do i need an existing viewing card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

conall122 wrote: »
    I dont have a sky viwing card(old or new), but i do have a sky hd plus box lying around. If i ring eir can i get a viwing card for it or do i need an existing viewing card.

It has been answered a good few times already.

An existing card will do or you can get a new card from Eir sports

conall122 wrote: »

Hey, you can ring Eirsport 0818203040 and get one posted out to you (I actually got two for different rooms) and when you get it put it into the box, and go to the settings screen on the box where it has the serial number and box version number, you can google where to find this, then ring eirsport again and confirm the details. They will sync the card to the box and activate the card for the sports channels.

You'll get the card in around 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Are they still giving this out free to eircom customers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well yeah, but didn't all their packages go up by €20 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Hey, you can ring Eirsport 0818203040 and get one posted out to you (I actually got two for different rooms) and when you get it put it into the box, and go to the settings screen on the box where it has the serial number and box version number, you can google where to find this, then ring eirsport again and confirm the details. They will sync the card to the box and activate the card for the sports channels.

You'll get the card in around 3 days.

I'm not sure if Eir still gives free viewing cards but sites like Adverts have people selling old Sky viewing cards for as little as a fiver with postage. You don't have to be the account holder of the viewing card to avail of the free sports channels, you just have to enter the serial number into the Eir website and they instantly open the channels up to that viewing card.Very handy for the UFC fights.

loughrey wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Eir still gives free viewing cards but sites like Adverts have people selling old Sky viewing cards for as little as a fiver with postage. You don't have to be the account holder of the viewing card to avail of the free sports channels, you just have to enter the serial number into the Eir website and they instantly open the channels up to that viewing card.Very handy for the UFC fights.

Jesus Christ just look a few posts back, like 10, and you will see that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

gimmick wrote: »
    Jesus Christ just look a few posts back, like 10, and you will see that they are.

You really know how to be a constructive contributor to forums, don't ya???

• Advertisement

loughrey wrote: »

I got my two there in the last two weeks so I'd be hopeful they still are giving them out. Just to be aware if you're buying the cards on adverts they are more than likely UK viewing cards which I don't think will work with Eirsport.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

That's correct you can only marry a Eir sports to an ROI Sky card not a UK one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Got my Sky card added to my auntie's Eir account. Great job and nice saving!

I'm an Eir customer myself, but a Business user, so they wouldn't let me sign up to the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Hi all,

Very brief question if you don't mind. Came home to visit the folks over the weekend. They have Eircom BB, Sky tv and all the sports channels (both Sky Sports and the Setanta/BT channels). My dad heard about this offer and signed up the two viewing cards in the house using this link:

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

I looked through the FAQs on the site and read this entire thread and am still none the wiser. Having signed up the viewing card on the Eir sport site, does he also have to cancel his current Setanta tv package, or does the fact Eir have taken them over mean that Eir will automatically 'cancel' the tv package and 'apply' the free Eir sports offer (i.e. will they just stop billing him for it and nothing else changes)? If he does have to cancel, is it through the old Setanta number?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,737 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

brophs wrote: »
    Hi all,

Very brief question if you don't mind. Came home to visit the folks over the weekend. They have Eircom BB, Sky tv and all the sports channels (both Sky Sports and the Setanta/BT channels). My dad heard about this offer and signed up the two viewing cards in the house using this link:

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

I looked through the FAQs on the site and read this entire thread and am still none the wiser. Having signed up the viewing card on the Eir sport site, does he also have to cancel his current Setanta tv package, or does the fact Eir have taken them over mean that Eir will automatically 'cancel' the tv package and 'apply' the free Eir sports offer (i.e. will they just stop billing him for it and nothing else changes)? If he does have to cancel, is it through the old Setanta number?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I wouldn't assume that they'll automatically cancel anything. It's more likely that they'll add the channels "free" and continue to charge for them.

Best to give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭01Surveyor

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Got my Sky card added to my auntie's Eir account. Great job and nice saving!

I'm an Eir customer myself, but a Business user, so they wouldn't let me sign up to the offer.

It doesnt say anything about business users not being entitled to eir sport.....why cant you access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Did anyone eles BT and Setanta cut off last week on sky?

I had to ring Setanta up and get it put back on, some error on their system, happened to a heap of people the lad on the phone told me. Was sorted in a matter of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

shmeee wrote: »

I had to ring Setanta up and get it put back on, some error on their system, happened to a heap of people the lad on the phone told me. Was sorted in a matter of seconds.

Mine is gone this evening so will have to ring them in the morning, i switch the sky box off at night, not sure if it made any difference to it stopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

shmeee wrote: »

Mine is gone this evening so will have to ring them in the morning, i switch the sky box off at night, not sure if it made any difference to it stopping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I had it from my fathers eir account but it knocked off last week. I reactivated it but it then knocked off his multi-room box. It seemed to transfer over from his multi room box to my sky box instead of being activated on all three. Has that been happening anyone else? Two boxes max?

Advertisement