Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Speculation Thread - "Non book readers"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Also another hole is Ayra at the crossroads made the emotional decision to head north instead upon hearing the news of King Jon etc. The Waif wouldn't have done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I've convinced myself Howland Reed will appear in the next season as probably the final significant character introduced in the series.

He has been mentioned too many times for this not to happen and his important role in the Tower of Joy flashback scene hints at an appearance in the main story.

I predict he will offer his services and funky Branesque powers in the final struggle against the dead. I assume he is a more powerful version of Jonjen.

His introduction could also bring Meera back into play- I feel she was dismissed too lightly for her story to be finished.

Of course, his most interesting intervention may be to reveal Jon's true parentage to him. Howland was there, after all. It makes more sense for Howland to make the big reveal than Bran- Bran doesn't seem to care about such trivialities anymore even if he does know.

Combine this with Sam and Gilly's knowledge that the marriage was bona fide and succession hilarity will ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    The Hound coud be back in Kings Landing in the last episode which means that we could get Hound vs Mountain. Beric may also be there so could also have unfinished business with the Mountain.

If it does happen, I could see Mountain killing the Hound. Could also see Beric taking on Thoros' role though and bringing the Hound back where he would then defeat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

A lot of baby talk in the last episode and discussion about who will succeed Daenerys. I'm guessing that means she isn't infertile after all and will probably end up getting pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I wonder if Dany will die while trying to stop the wight dragon, I don't think we will see her on the throne and the dragon would seem to be unstoppable (dragonglass against a dragon?) so maybe her death and the death of the dragon will be linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

PressRun wrote: »
    A lot of baby talk in the last episode and discussion about who will succeed Daenerys. I'm guessing that means she isn't infertile after all and will probably end up getting pregnant.

I took that conversation about succession as something else: I think Dany is gonna set up an election-system when she gets the Iron Throne, then she and Jon both die in successfully defeating the Night King, leaving Tyrion to get elected and run the realm (honouring Dany's 'Break The Wheel' pledge) with Varys at his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could we see a whitewalker dragon attack or even some whitewalkers showing up during the meeting of the all super powers ???

Have a feeling the episode will end on a major cliffhanger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I presume the cliffhanger will be the wall coming down/being melted and the invasion of the North beginning.

Similar in style to the outro of the Witcher 2 game, for those that have played it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Wonder if the NK will raise any more corpses is he passes through the wall?

Could see Lady Stoneheart as a wight? Or some other main characters that were killed off previously making one last appearance in the final ever episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wrong thread for the LS talk ser! But she'd be a skeleton at this stage anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Wrong thread for the LS talk ser! But she'd be a skeleton at this stage anyway.

Am just speculating about what's to come, no thread for Season 8 yet.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Am just speculating about what's to come, no thread for Season 8 yet.

I meant should LS be even mentioned in the non book reader thread for speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Interesting that the finale for this season is called "The Dragon and The Wolf". Could obviously apply to Jon & Dany, but equally applies to Rhaegar & Lyanna. I'm guessing the secret of Jon's parentage will be revealed to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Penn wrote: »
    Interesting that the finale for this season is called "The Dragon and The Wolf". Could obviously apply to Jon & Dany, but equally applies to Rhaegar & Lyanna. I'm guessing the secret of Jon's parentage will be revealed to all.

Hmmm...is there any way Cersei could have access to that info? It'd be an interesting divide and conquer strategy, weakening both Dany's claim to the throne and Jon's claim to the North in one fell swoop...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

What if when Jon finds out he's not Ned's bastard after all and that he was a legitimate child that it changes him. He'll feel like he's worth more than he did so goes for the Iron Throne himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

....... wrote: »
    Yeah but the Hound was trying to say something nice - what he came out with was that he heard it was one of the best ways to go (freezing to death). It was about as spiritual as he gets.

Throes offered his rum to the hound earlier in the season and the hound rufused saying it was to sweet.

Taking the drink now was a small way of honouring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Throw offered his rum to the hound earlier in the season and the hound rufus Ed saying it was to sweet.

traces_of_nuts_cards037_1024x1024.png?v=1455555518

PressRun wrote: »

Tyrion interestingly talked about different different ways of succession different to succession of birth.

He mentioned the nights watch who elect an new leader and the iron borne who do something similar.

Tyrion definitely sowing the seeds for democracy.

KKkitty wrote: »
    What if when Jon finds out he's not Ned's bastard after all and that he was a legitimate child that it changes him. He'll feel like he's worth more than he did so goes for the Iron Throne himself.

I'm not sure he wants that. It's taken him long enough to accept the king of the north title.
    Daenerys reaction will be interesting. He will be a direct threat to her perceived right to the iron throne.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure he wants that. It's taken him long enough to accept the king of the north title.
    Daenerys reaction will be interesting. He will be a direct threat to her perceived right to the iron throne.
    You're right because we've seen enough of Jon handling the burden of his identity. Dramatically I'd love to see Dany find out before Jon.

Penn wrote: »

Was listening to the soundtrack earlier, there's this track from the Season 7 soundtrack that I don't believe we've heard yet in-show.

Have a listen and tell me it doesn't sound as much like a romance theme as GoT gets, Jon and Danaerys and/or/both Rhaegar and Lyanna in there too given the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Was listening to the soundtrack earlier, there's this track from the Season 7 soundtrack that I don't believe we've heard yet in-show.

Have a listen and tell me it doesn't sound as much like a romance theme as GoT gets, Jon and Danaerys and/or/both Rhaegar and Lyanna in there too given the title.

Great spot, Raman Djawadi has done some great music at pivotal points in the show including the light of the seven. Hopefully it's a sequence in the middle of the episode as opposed to the end. We need to see how some of the main protagonists digest that information.

I think Howland Reed makes an appearance at some point, his character I feel will play a pivotal part, too many mentions of him not to make an appearance.

It also mixes parts reminiscent of the Stark and Targ themes throughout.

Right I've had some wine. I'm not Cersei btw :D I was just watching a theory video on YouTube and it was about Maester Aemon and did he know about Jon's true parentage. The Maesters in the Citadel have records of every single birth, death and marriage as was shown when Gilly was trying to get Sam's attention when she was reading about Rhaegar and his annulment from Elia Martell. I'm sure Aemon knew who Jon really is but his loyalty to Ned and Winterfell meant he never spoke of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Right I've had some wine. I'm not Cersei btw :D I was just watching a theory video on YouTube and it was about Maester Aemon and did he know about Jon's true parentage. The Maesters in the Citadel have records of every single birth, death and marriage as was shown when Gilly was trying to get Sam's attention when she was reading about Rhaegar and his annulment from Elia Martell. I'm sure Aemon knew who Jon really is but his loyalty to Ned and Winterfell meant he never spoke of it.

What loyalty would Aemon have to Ned or Winterfell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Aemon might have known. If he did the reason he would have kept it secret would have been for the same reason Ned did: to protect Jon from those who would wish him harm.

Idu wrote: »
    What loyalty would Aemon have to Ned or Winterfell?

He served Ned in Winterfell for a long time. I'm sure Ned would have treated him well throughout the years. Aemon would have returned all that with loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

He served Ned in Winterfell for a long time. I'm sure Ned would have treated him well throughout the years. Aemon would have returned all that with loyalty.

Did he? Aemon was the maester at Castle Black for the NW, but I don't believe he ever served the Starks directly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The only connection I could see is that Ned was Warden of the North and therefore had some connection to the Nights Watch (like how he executed the deserter in the first episode). Other than that I can't see how Ned and Aemon would have had any real contact or connection at all, bar through Benjen.

Advertisement