Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Speculation Thread - "Non book readers"

Options
  • 26-06-2016 8:31pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Preempting the upcoming season by including some highlights from the charter.

This is ONLY about the specific season shown on TV! Information from any other non book source are allowed to be posted with SPOILER tags. Such information has to directly relate to the season however and be clearly marked as for example "DVD lore from Season X relating to matter Y"
    Lore and conclusions go here

This means book readers are allowed to post but they can not reference ANYTHING from the books.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Is it confirmed that there's only 2 seasons to go?
    I guess the white walkers are going to be making their way south sharpish now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Shane St. wrote: »
    Speaking at the Television Critics Association, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo spoke about the future of the channel’s flagship series, and how long it’s probably going to run.

“They are feeling two more years after six,” Lombardo said.

That would put the end of Game of Thrones after season eight, where season six is currently being filmed and will broadcast in 2016. Eight seasons would mean the show would take its final bow in 2018.

Lombardo has previously expressed a desire to see Game of Thrones run ten seasons, but ultimately defers to the showrunners, David Benioff and Dan Weiss.
    Taken from this article. So currently the answer is most likely but could be as low as 7 and as high as 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Shane St. wrote: »

I thought it was one, I predict a major **** between all parties involved, result: king in the north,queen into the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I reckon, since Theon and Asha have got the jump on Euron and partnered up with Dany he will swear allegiance to Cersei and possibly even marry her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Many of us speculated that it would happen in season 6, however Benjen made it all but certain that once Bran crosses the wall, so to will the nights King.

God damn you Bran.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Melisandre and Arya will cross paths (because Mel said they would). I would like to see Arya work through her list but time is getting short as some sources say the remaining series' won't be a full 10 episodes long each. In that case it might be just Cersei (who has plenty of people gunning for her) and the Mountain that we get to see. Her revenge has to be significant to the story if they're limited on time, so anyone else might fall by the wayside. I hope she meets the Hound again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Hound and Arya to take down Cersei and the Mountain.

When said like that, it sounds like a WWE main event promo. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Hound and Arya to take down Cersei and the Mountain.

When said like that, it sounds like a WWE main event promo. :o

That's just the buildup to the big pay per view which pits Dany and dragons against long time heels the white walkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

So id say we will see more of maester sam next season... I think he'll play an important role in learning how to take down the white walkers...probably reading some old ass books to find the answer.
    I dont see cersei lasting very long since she has literally lost virtually all the kingdoms but Casterly rock, maybe Jamie will continue the family name? or more likely Tyrion...
    I feel like lil bitch Sansa will betray Jon snow...people are saying she looked worried in the final scene but i think it was more that she was contemplating joining little finger to take the throne. I think she half wanted to be announced Queen instead of Jon.

Honestly Deanarys army reminds me of the Spanish Armada...and we all know what happened to the spanish aramada...now that winter is here, maybe she will hit a storm and lose alot of her army....otherwise there is non one to really challenge her claim to the kingdom.
    Or another possible outcome is Jon snow working with Jamie lannister to stop her, because as we know she doesnt like Starks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Many of us speculated that it would happen in season 6, however Benjen made it all but certain that once Bran crosses the wall, so to will the nights King.

God damn you Bran.

Since Benjen knows he cant cross the wall and surely knows how Bran was touched by the Nights King then he would be aware of the risk posed by Bran going south?

Personally i think the wall will be breached in a different way by the whitewalkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

When the Nights King touched Bran, Bran was in the cave and that's what allowed the Nights King to then enter the cave. It's doesn't necessarily follow that he can now follow Bran everywhere. The wall might still be safe from Bran.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

shane9689 wrote: »
    So id say we will see more of maester sam next season... I think he'll play an important role in learning how to take down the white walkers...probably reading some old ass books to find the answer.
    I dont see cersei lasting very long since she has literally lost virtually all the kingdoms but Casterly rock, maybe Jamie will continue the family name? or more likely Tyrion...
    I feel like lil bitch Sansa will betray Jon snow...people are saying she looked worried in the final scene but i think it was more that she was contemplating joining little finger to take the throne. I think she half wanted to be announced Queen instead of Jon.

Honestly Deanarys army reminds me of the Spanish Armada...and we all know what happened to the spanish aramada...now that winter is here, maybe she will hit a storm and lose alot of her army....otherwise there is non one to really challenge her claim to the kingdom.
    Or another possible outcome is Jon snow working with Jamie lannister to stop her, because as we know she doesnt like Starks very much.

We've already had a bad character go good (ish) with Jamie so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a good one go bad. With the forces seemingly headed for a confrontation, the writers need to do something to delay it and throw in some twists. Personally I thought the idea of one more 13 episode season was just right but we'll see.

I'll miss it when it goes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

She was happy to rule the north by committee, but now that it's just Jon, I reckon all the little bastard half brother comments from little finger will play on her, and she'll side with him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

kitemilia-1429801330.gif

I think it'll all end with Jon Snow boinking his aunt, happily ever after, ice and fire. I'd love something more unpredictable, some twists and turns, but Jon coming back to life was one of the most predictable things I've ever seen on a show. Shocking death scene, back to life two episodes later. What was the point? Everyone knew he was coming back, no matter how much the producers and actor lied about it. Completely pointless, but he had to die and be resurrected because of "prophecies" or something.

I absolutely hate when shows do a dramatic death scene with a popular lead actor, who you know is not leaving the show, and then bring the character back. The audience rarely believes the death is permanent, so who cares? It's worthless. If you do it once, then why not for other heroes/villains? I was hoping GoT would be a bit more original, and Jon Snow would actually be dead for good. That would have been unpredictable, and gave me more hope for an ending we might not see coming a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I think it'll all end with Jon Snow boinking his aunt, happily ever after, ice and fire. I'd love something more unpredictable, some twists and turns, but Jon coming back to life was one of the most predictable things I've ever seen on a show. Shocking death scene, back to life two episodes later. What was the point? Everyone knew he was coming back, no matter how much the producers and actor lied about it. Completely pointless, but he had to die and be resurrected because of "prophecies" or something.

I absolutely hate when shows do a dramatic death scene with a popular lead actor, who you know is not leaving the show, and then bring the character back. The audience rarely believes the death is permanent, so who cares? It's worthless. If you do it once, then why not for other heroes/villains? I was hoping GoT would be a bit more original, and Jon Snow would actually be dead for good. That would have been unpredictable, and gave me more hope for an ending we might not see coming a mile off.

To be fair, it's not their fault it was predictable. They were still working off source material and there was the whole theory and unanswered questions to his true parentage, which was clearly a big deal throughout since it's what scored D&D the gig to make the show. He had to come back from the dead as his heritage was not like anyone elses in the show. Any by dying he fulfilled his vow to the Night's Watch therefore in resurrection he was free to leave so it wasn't entirely pointless.

Whether "R+L=J" was true or not, I still felt it would have had more impact and originality, if Jon was really killed off. All shows have reasons to "resurrect" their characters, in any genre, superhero, fantasy, etc., and I always hate it. It's been done, overdone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Bad news with Directors for next season:
    Miguel Sapochnik (The Gift, Hardhome, BotB and Winds of Winter) or David Nutter (Rains of Castamere, Dance of Dragons and Mother's Mercy) not involved
    But fecking Mark Mylod is (lad who made a hames of The Waif chase- although I did like Broken Man)

Good news is that Alan Taylor returns (episode 9 and 10 of Season 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I rewatched the episode there and Sansa was smiling when Jon was proclaimed King of the North- she then sees LF and she knows how dangerous he is
    For me that was a look of worry for Jon at the end IMO - she is aware that LF sees Jon as being in the way now of his ambition to be sit on the Iron Throne
    That's how I interpreted it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I reckon that with the first sign of rough weather the Dothraki could lose their cool and desert/mutiny. So much was made of them being afraid to cross the narrow sea and not trusting ships, then all of a sudden they were happy out at sea? It could be a real test of her leadership to try hold their trust, and she might not succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The Dothraki may be mighty in strength but how are they gonna fare in a Westeros Winter? It could be their weakness on top of going across water, potential storms.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I rewatched the episode there and Sansa was smiling when Jon was proclaimed King of the North- she then sees LF and she knows how dangerous he is
    For me that was a look of worry for Jon at the end IMO - she is aware that LF sees Jon as being in the way now of his ambition to be sit on the Iron Throne
    Yup. LF views every decision/event as "how does it effect his longterm plan".....as every one in the room cheered 'dakingindanort', Sansa realises that this thought was going through LFs mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

wp_rathead wrote: »

For me, her look to Littlefinger isn't the main issue. When Lyanna Mormont was giving her speech and said Bear Island knowns no King but the King in the North whose name is Stark, Sansa began to smile. But then she said how Jon may be a Snow but he has the blood of a Stark, Sansa's smile went.

I think she was siding with Jon but still expecting that the Lords of the houses wouldn't proclaim him king because he's a bastard, and that they'd name her Queen instead as Ned Stark's only living legitimate child (given that they don't know Bran and Arya are still alive).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Penn wrote: »
    For me, her look to Littlefinger isn't the main issue. When Lyanna Mormont was giving her speech and said Bear Island knowns no King but the King in the North whose name is Stark, Sansa began to smile. But then she said how Jon may be a Snow but he has the blood of a Stark, Sansa's smile went.

I think she was siding with Jon but still expecting that the Lords of the houses wouldn't proclaim him king because he's a bastard, and that they'd name her Queen instead as Ned Stark's only living legitimate child (given that they don't know Bran and Arya are still alive).
    I'm not sure how she could think she'd be a king. She also smiled when the lords were proclaiming him King in the North.

Her expression only changes really when she catches Littlefinger's eye.

There's a possibility that she resents it, but it's certainly not something Jon sought out and she knows that. I can't see her turning against him for that reason at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

kitemilia-1429801330.gif

Actually it was very pointed. When a man joins the Night's Watch he takes the vow to serve there until death.
    By getting killed by Thorne, Ollie and the other conspirators, Jon was freed of his duty to the Night's Watch and able to pursue his familial interests such as re-taking Winterfell, saving his siblins etc. Prior to that such actions would have resulted in his execution for desertion, and as a fugitive he would have had no real ability to help House Stark.

duridian wrote: »
    Actually it was very pointed. When a man joins the Night's Watch he takes the vow to serve there until death.
    By getting killed by Thorne, Ollie and the other conspirators, Jon was freed of his duty to the Night's Watch and able to pursue his familial interests such as re-taking Winterfell, saving his siblins etc. Prior to that such actions would have resulted in his execution for desertion, and as a fugitive he would have had no real ability to help House Stark.
    I've already responded to this point, any show can make up any reasons/rules for coming back from the dead, but whatever these reasons are, I do not enjoy resurrection storylines. If you kill off a major character in dramatic fashion, I will applaud the writer(s), but if you bring back that character two episodes later, (anytime really, but especially so soon), I will think it's stupid, anti-climatic, and in no way dramatic. It'll also leave me questioning any future deaths, wondering if they can return like the previous character, when I should be reacting to the death scene and not thinking about more resurrections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I've already responded to this point, any show can make up any reasons/rules for coming back from the dead, but whatever these reasons are, I do not enjoy resurrection storylines. If you kill off a major character in dramatic fashion, I will applaud the writer(s), but if you bring back that character two episodes later, (anytime really, but especially so soon), I will think it's stupid, anti-climatic, and in no way dramatic. It'll also leave me questioning any future deaths, wondering if they can return like the previous character, when I should be reacting to the death scene and not thinking about more resurrections.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about the Bible and not ASOIAF :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Everyone turns on Littlefinger and he retreats The Eyrie. Bronn leads a team that invades the castle just like he described in season one:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

377FB6C300000578-3753926-image-a-23_1471919258499.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,826 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jim Broadbent cast for a significant role in season 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Archmaester Marwen?

Advertisement