Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Third Test Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Watching the replay of the O'Halloran incident.

I can't for the life of me see how the TMO can say he landed on his back/shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Redpill

We've moved the ball well at times but we need to capitalise moor on our possession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 daveup

loving marshall, olding and toh. this is great stuff. our future looks bright

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

what is shane horgan waffling about, just discuss the TOH incident in his own merits. The stander one is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The inconsistency of people here is incredible!

I agree with Horgan btw, I think Le Roux had a fair chance of competing there but there is no argument whatsoever to justify a yellow card, he's lucky to be allowed back on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

Will23 wrote: »
    Is Glen Jackson the worst referee in world rugby?

barnes, joubert

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭fitz

I agree with Horgan btw, I think Le Roux had a fair chance of competing there but there is no argument whatsoever to justify a yellow card, he's lucky to be allowed back on the pitch

Yeah, it's not an invalid point, but once you've decided he didn't have a chance, like was decided with Stander, had to be red. Landed on his back? Me arse. TMO just as culpable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I thought a yellow was sufficient. Roux had his eyes on the ball and jumped to compete. It is just unfortunate that he came down badly.
    Otherwise you have no contest in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

barnes, joubert

Barnes has improved in recent times, I'm happy enough to see him redding Ireland these days. Agree on Joubert

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Basil3 wrote: »
    You can see why the Saffa's were aggrieved with that, though. Henderson never retreated 10m. Based on most people's attitudes to cards around here, it should have been a yellow card for professional foul.

Aye

Law 21.7
    (b) Must keep running. Even if the penalty kick is taken and the kicker’s team is playing the ball, opposing players must keep running until they have retired the necessary distance. They must not take part in the game until they have done so.
    (c) Kick taken quickly. If the penalty kick is taken so quickly that opponents have no opportunity to retire, they will not be penalised for this. However, they must continue to retire as described in 21.7(b) above or until a team-mate who was 10 metres from the mark has run in front of them, before they take part in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I thought a yellow was sufficient. Roux had his eyes on the ball and jumped to compete. It is just unfortunate that he came down badly.

If he had a chance of competing for the ball then I don't see why it's a yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭twinytwo

no way he was taking that with one arm..

Its also unfortunate lambies face hit standers hip.... unfortunate is irrelevant.. fact is he landed on his head.. Payne got red carded for the exact same ****.

TOM and Ref both bottled it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

it was nothing or red for me. He wasnt going to beat TOH to the ball so its red. The reason he got YC was they said he landed on the top of his back first if i heard it right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It is always hard to call but generally if the other player fields the ball you have an obligation to ensure he gets safely to the ground.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Big second half needed, come on Ireland!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Adbrowne wrote: »
    what is shane horgan waffling about, just discuss the TOH incident in his own merits. The stander one is irrelevant.

No he made sense
    Both refs/TMOs agreed neither had realistic chance of getting ball- but 1 was red and 1 was yellow
    Horgan saying he thought Le Roux did have realistic chance of ball so should have been yellow for him but because ref said "he didn't have realistic chance of getting ball" it should have been red

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Redpill

No agression at the breakdown this week from ireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

We seriously need to be smarter with ball in hand throwing possession away needlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah brilliant from Stander. Love the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Stander had to be over that ball for an age before the ref blew up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Stander needs to make up his mind, one week playing for SA, the next for Ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Sorry but that is farcical from Jackson. He gives south africa no more than a second or 2 before penalising Ireland for holding on but seems to allow 5 seconds or more until he decides the other way. Joke of a ref and he's ruined this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Surely swimming up the side of the maul there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 daveup

seems toh was pulled at half time. what a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

gazump123 wrote: »
    Surely swimming up the side of the maul there.

Definitely. Another thing ignored by Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

We're making more mistakes now than I've seen us make in the other two tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

P.Jackson hasn't been at his best today. Looks wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Mtawarira clearly pulled it to deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Marshall has been excellent.......and awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

For the next 90 minutes we say good bye to our northern brethren......
    .....on the plus side....we can call awec all the names we want!!

Advertisement