Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Third Test Thread.

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Scrum half was the biggest negative point of the series. We learnt absolutely nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

If anyone could point me in the right direction towards watching a replay of the match itd be much appreciated. First match i haven't seen in years.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Le Roux got a 1 week ban

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

Check YouTube, the games normally come up after a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    If anyone could point me in the right direction towards watching a replay of the match itd be much appreciated. First match i haven't seen in years.
    awec wrote: »
    Willie le Roux has been cited.

Too little too late really.
    He should have been given a red, but we had a useless ref who shouldn't be reffing u10 rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was at a party yesterday and missed the match live but saw it without knowing the result, we might well have won it but we hardly deserved it, way too many errors from too many players. I'm not sure what it was but I found it a match that was hard to get into, was it stoppages, little structure or the annoying errors but each time we had the ball I was kind of waiting to see how we wouldn't score as opposed to how we would.

I watched it with a SA friend and he thought it a poor game too but was much happier at the end.

Kind of sorry to see a guy like Reddan retire away from home with a loss but at least he got to say goodbye from the field.

Best of Luck to him with whatever he moves onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

A few random thoughts about the series for me.

A 1-2 result is a good one for Ireland in SA.
    Very disappointing not to win the series considering how poor the Boks are and the positions Ireland got in to in the second and third matches.
    Great to see a number of players get some long exposure to the Irish squad and get game time.
    There's some genuine depth in a lot of positions but halfback is a worry especially with Reddan retiring. If Murray gets injured there is no adequate replacement. Marmion has been in the squad for a few years now but can't make the step up. He must be stinking it up at training to not get any game time.
    Need to find some replacements on the wing. Trimble, Earls and Bowe are all past it and Fitz is always injured. Need some genuine pace. Hopefully Niyi gets a shot.
    Midfield is strong and PJ has shown he can step up.
    Lots of depth in the loose forwards and lock.
    Ross can be eased out as the replacement THs look good.
    Three good hookers but all one the wrong side of 30.
    McGrath owns the LH spot and daylight is second and third. Really need Healy to comeback in top form.

I think that last penalty could have gone either way. Does De Klerk release Earls before killing the ball?

• Administrators Posts: 53,460 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The last penalty was actually a stonewall penalty to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I think that last penalty could have gone either way. Does De Klerk release Earls before killing the ball?

Yeah I thought that myself at the time. Was screaming at the screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Some advice please

I was out on Saturday, couldn't be helped.

I taped both games (Ireland v SA & U20's)
    I was unable to avoid the scores, so I know what happened

should I bother watching them? or will it be too depressing

shall I watch them with thumb hovering over the fast forward?

what would you recommend?

• Administrators Posts: 53,460 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I wouldn't bother with either.

Definitely not the u20 game anyway, unless you'd enjoy watching a team getting walked over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Nah. Try catch highlights on Youtube, that'll do.

Unless you enjoy pulling your f*cking hair out. Then by all means, go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Thanks

Time saved and blood pressure down

What did the back line look like with Madigan on for Earls

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not really sure as Healy replaced TOH and I'm not certain he went to full back.

Looks like Madigan went to fullback

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

AFAIK it was

09. Reddan
    10. Jackson
    11. Earls
    12. Olding
    13. Trimble
    14. Healy
    15. Madigan

Earls went off so centers didn't change. Healy and Timble on the wing with Madigan at fb

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Earls went off so centers didn't change. Healy and Timble on the wing with Madigan at fb

Earls returned; he was the man tackled in the final play.

Marshall went off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

At this stage let's just agree that John Hayes came on.

Advertisement